Radio Derby all in for Warne tonight

Curtains

9 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, radio Derby are under his mystical spell?

I'm not anti-warne at all, but, he wasn't inheriting a team in bad state, he freely said as much when he came in.

I think the point being made was because David Clowes saved the club that his appointment of Paul Warne shouldn’t be questioned and he needs time and if these players don’t perform Warne will get rid even though we can’t spend .

Of course that’s an opinion but not one I share .

Are you of the opinion Warne should have it all his own way without question 

I wasnt particularly behind the change from Rosenior to Warne but seriously, is there a single Rams fan that thinks that his time is up?

Regardless of what you think of him, of his tactics, of his man management there is only one way our club is going if we have 3 managers before Christmas.

It's time for supporters to be brave, show patience, stop acting like spoilt whiney babies and accept that it isn't going to be plain sailing for a while but hopefully the rewards will come.

7 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

I wasnt particularly behind the change from Rosenior to Warne but seriously, is there a single Rams fan that thinks that his time is up?

Regardless of what you think of him, of his tactics, of his man management there is only one way our club is going if we have 3 managers before Christmas.

It's time for supporters to be brave, show patience, stop acting like spoilt whiney babies and accept that it isn't going to be plain sailing for a while but hopefully the rewards will come.

I think his time should be up. I was never a fan of the appointment, I think it was and remains a massive mistake, and the sooner that mistake is rectified, the sooner we can start recovering from it.  He very clearly has no intention of changing anything about his approach, and if this kind of form continues, I don’t see how we will be in any kind of touch with the playoffs to mount a challenge post-January.  If it’s clear we’re not going up this season, I suspect we lose all the good youngsters - why on earth are Knight, Cashin, Bird etc going to stay here when they will get plenty of offers at Championship level or higher.  And you can count on attendances declining if we’re still playing dreadful football in League 1, which is whittling away the big advantage we have over most other clubs in this league.

There are other factors too. If we persist in this style of play, we’re rendering the academy pointless. What’s the point of developing players like Darren Robinson, if they’re never going to fit into the managers style? There’s years of effort gone into developing technical ball-playing footballers that’s entirely wasted. And if you break that path into the first team, you’re damaging the academy in years to come, because having that in place is a key selling point when recruiting youngsters. Again, that’s just trashing another of the big advantages we should have at this level.

It’s not being a whiney baby, the club does not have an unconditional right to my support, it’s a 2-way transaction. If the club is telling me they are actively choosing to play dreadful football, that the club is going to be in a mess for years entirely because of decisions that they have made, then I don’t see why I should bother turning up. If the club is trying to play decent entertaining football, trying to do things right, then I will give them all the time in the world. But under Warne, I just don’t believe that.  I do not believe there is any justification to allowing a man with a track record of getting relegated from the Championship, to trash every facet of the club, in the hope that we might win some games in a couple of years time.

7 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I think his time should be up. I was never a fan of the appointment, I think it was and remains a massive mistake, and the sooner that mistake is rectified, the sooner we can start recovering from it.  He very clearly has no intention of changing anything about his approach, and if this kind of form continues, I don’t see how we will be in any kind of touch with the playoffs to mount a challenge post-January.  If it’s clear we’re not going up this season, I suspect we lose all the good youngsters - why on earth are Knight, Cashin, Bird etc going to stay here when they will get plenty of offers at Championship level or higher.  And you can count on attendances declining if we’re still playing dreadful football in League 1, which is whittling away the big advantage we have over most other clubs in this league.

There are other factors too. If we persist in this style of play, we’re rendering the academy pointless. What’s the point of developing players like Darren Robinson, if they’re never going to fit into the managers style? There’s years of effort gone into developing technical ball-playing footballers that’s entirely wasted. And if you break that path into the first team, you’re damaging the academy in years to come, because having that in place is a key selling point when recruiting youngsters. Again, that’s just trashing another of the big advantages we should have at this level.

It’s not being a whiney baby, the club does not have an unconditional right to my support, it’s a 2-way transaction. If the club is telling me they are actively choosing to play dreadful football, that the club is going to be in a mess for years entirely because of decisions that they have made, then I don’t see why I should bother turning up. If the club is trying to play decent entertaining football, trying to do things right, then I will give them all the time in the world. But under Warne, I just don’t believe that.  I do not believe there is any justification to allowing a man with a track record of getting relegated from the Championship, to trash every facet of the club, in the hope that we might win some games in a couple of years time.

Wow. A bit OTT ? I wanted LR to be given more time and was bemused by the change. But now that the change has been made we have no choice other than to get behind Warne and the team. He’s only been here 5 mins. 

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

NO, and no one ever gets that, but there's going to have be a bit more sticking with it than a few weeks.

How long did we give Pearson? Me I'm really jittery now, he came across well, he's got experience and he talks the talk. But... starting to get a bit worried, no real signs of 'compromise' and some 'odd' comments about quite a few players. #nervous  As others have said this isn't 'siege mentality' 'backs to the wall' Rotherham.

Edited by RoyMac5

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Wow. A bit OTT ? I wanted LR to be given more time and was bemused by the change. But now that the change has been made we have no choice other than to get behind Warne and the team. He’s only been here 5 mins. 

We’ve had a decade or so of near-catastrophic mis-management. The new owner has come in talking a good game, and then immediately set off making exactly the same mistakes as the last one. Frankly, I’m way past the point of giving anyone time to keep on making stupid mistakes. I just want someone at the club making decisions with just a tiny bit of common-sense and long-term planning.  I categorically do not want us to be the kind of club that Warne turned Rotherham into, so I have no interest in allowing him to go any further in changing us.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How long did we give Pearson? Me I'm really jittery now, he came across well, he's got experience and he talks the talk. But... starting to get a bit worried, no real signs of 'compromise' and some 'odd' comments about quite a few players. #nervous  As others have said this isn't 'siege mentality' 'backs to the wall' Rotherham.

It'll be rate.

Pearson managed to blow up a promotion chasing team into a relegation one within 3 months, so far warne has made a middling league 1 side into a middleing league 1 side.

29 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

A lot of words for a lot of nonsense. 

16 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

We’ve had a decade or so of near-catastrophic mis-management. The new owner has come in talking a good game, and then immediately set off making exactly the same mistakes as the last one. Frankly, I’m way past the point of giving anyone time to keep on making stupid mistakes. I just want someone at the club making decisions with just a tiny bit of common-sense and long-term planning.  I categorically do not want us to be the kind of club that Warne turned Rotherham into, so I have no interest in allowing him to go any further in changing us.

So you've decided the new owner and new manger are going to be useless, on behalf of the club I would like to thank you for your patience and support during this new era. 

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I hate League 1, it's grim isn't it.

I’m quite enjoying it.  The football isn’t very good (though sometimes better than I thought it would be) and the officials are beyond a joke. But it’s quite fun and interesting playing teams we hardly ever/never play; quite enjoying being a big fish in a small pond too - where other clubs recognise what a big club we are etc.  it’s something a bit different to the same old same old of the Championship.

The only 1 thing i think warnes getting wrong at the minute is refusing to just keep it 442 or 433 its the only formations that suit us!  Maybe in a year or two play his 352 but it really doesnt suit us unless we get bielik back then i feel we can be dangerous with that formation, just for the fact bielik will control the whole game on his own which shouldn't be asked from 1 player

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

I’m quite enjoying it.  The football isn’t very good (though sometimes better than I thought it would be) and the officials are beyond a joke. But it’s quite fun and interesting playing teams we hardly ever/never play; quite enjoying being a big fish in a small pond too - where other clubs recognise what a big club we are etc.  it’s something a bit different to the same old same old of the Championship.

no-the-office.gif

giphy.gif

9d2641a956c8f0c2281a0436aa6160c6.gif

38 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Daftest post of the week.....and that's saying something!