January Window

1of4

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Yes - and? That's more despite Collin's poor performances than because of them. We are in pretty big trouble if McGoldrick gets a knock or a suspension in this second half of the season. 

In Warne we trust despite all your ifs

COYR

Edited by Brailsford Ram

2 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

and not writing him off yet but springett looks pretty underwhelming, I’m not convinced he improves us much. Plange as a striker would have helped?

Its good to see that you've not written him off yet, despite him having already had 53 minutes worth of action from off the bench to impress you and, in them minutes, being instrumental in our winning goal against Port Vale. I'm sure he is very grateful for your continued support.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Its good to see that you've not written him off yet, despite him having already had 53 minutes worth of action from off the bench to impress you and, in them minutes, being instrumental in our winning goal against Port Vale. I'm sure he is very grateful for your continued support.

Give the young lad a chance for crying out loud like poster he helped us get win at portvale and last night was his first start.

So after Port Vale every one on top of world - autos here we come - now we lose 2-0 to a strong West Ham performance, Max is injured (may be less likely to attract bids in summer), Dobbs isnt recalled, we keep our young stars for now, loan some in (one in particular who looks very promising) and suddenly we are one step away from armageddon with many fans??

Come on cheer up. We have our club. We are on the up. We're nicely poised. We have @B4ev6isFinal push needs us to back the team and make a difference. 
Cant wait for Saturday ???

Wouldn't surprise me if we suddenly discover an interest in a free agent to provide cover for Didzy and Collo. Strikes me that the club have adopted a policy of playing their cards extremely close to their chest in recent times. There's always a chance that Warne has indeed written off all available / affordable options, but I've a sneaky suspicion there could be a deal of kiddology going on too. Some players' wage demands could be dropping by the minute with the window having closed and them as yet unsigned. Also, I'm not convinced that the two lads from Arsenal are here just to make up the numbers in the U23s either. Kido, for example, could play wide left with Barks moving more central. Barks is a pretty lethal finisher at this level, after all.

It's a watching brief for me, but while I'm slightly disappointed that we've not been able to sign someone outright, goalscoring 9s are just about the most sought after players out there, in any division, so it's not hard to understand or forgive any perceived lack of ambition. 

23 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

He may well get a few minutes from the bench B4 in the next set of games 

With Bird injured I think he'll be starting sooner rather than later. He seems pretty highly rated - Conte seems to be a fan and he started in the PL this month against Palace. He had 21 games on loan for Portsmouth two seasons ago and if he fits in quickly with the team on the training pitch it wouldn't surprise me if he started against Morecambe but certainly at Wycombe.

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I think therein could be the problem and this isn't with Martin exclusively in mind. . Warne is probably well aware that Collins could upset the apple cart in terms of team spirit if he's suddenly out of the picture. Collins does come across as a sulker. 

How do you know that CM wouldn’t be a sulker if not picked ? 
Towards end here Martin wasn’t the happiest on the pitch and I trust PW

We should not just sign anyone the personality of the player is also important as just one player could upset the harmony sometimes 

Warne wanted a striker and if he didn’t sign one there’s a good reason and I trust Warne 

3 hours ago, S8TY said:

How do you know that CM wouldn’t be a sulker if not picked ? 
Towards end here Martin wasn’t the happiest on the pitch and I trust PW

We should not just sign anyone the personality of the player is also important as just one player could upset the harmony sometimes 

Warne wanted a striker and if he didn’t sign one there’s a good reason and I trust Warne 

I'm not sure if you've mistakenly quoted me but none of your questions/statements actually relate to what I was implying. ?

No one left, successful window in my view.  January is a terrible time to sign players.  Inflated prices (I know we can’t pay for players) and panic buys.  It’s a bit like those scam emails and texts that play on emotions - act now or miss out!!

PW’s been pretty clear on his criteria that any signing must improve the match day squad and be the right character.  If he felt that any players didn’t meet that criteria, fair enough.

6 hours ago, Andicis said:

Come on now. We're in February, him scoring a brace in October is pretty irrelevant. He is playing pretty regularly in a winning side and can't seem to get any consistent number of goals. He isn't good enough. He was worse than tepid yesterday, he stunk the place out. 

Ouch!

9 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

Let’s hope didzy or Collins don’t get Crocked and it costs us. If either get a 2 to 4 week injury we have to rely on one for the time being. Very very risky 

Surprised Didzy played so many minutes against PV. Most likely route to promotion is a well paced campaign staying in the top 6 and avoiding injury imo. Could end badly if we blow a gasket reaching for automatics - it’s a steep hill 

8 hours ago, vonwright said:

Martin better than no third striker? Maybe, if he'd sign a short-term deal for very little money.

But I imagine other free agents will become available now.

Pay as you play ?  But even on a normal contract we have to consider what would Martin be like around the place if not getting much playing time ? Would he sulk , would he be disruptive?