January Window

1of4

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Martin would be a 2nd choice. He's significantly better than Collins. 

I think therein could be the problem and this isn't with Martin exclusively in mind. . Warne is probably well aware that Collins could upset the apple cart in terms of team spirit if he's suddenly out of the picture. Collins does come across as a sulker. 

1 minute ago, Wsm-ram said:

Pretty much every signing has made sense but I can't get my head around the fact we are pushing hard for promotion with just Collins and mcgoldrick and the latter misses as many games has he plays..

I guess he knows we get a decent number of goals from options like NML Hourihane and Barks..still hoping for a super late striker announcement but maybe our business plan limitations have made things impossible 

19 minutes ago, norwichram said:

Surely it’s better to have him (CM) on the bench and ready should we need him than no recognised senior striker. 

im not saying he is first name on the sheet but if we have injuries to JC or Didz  I’d much rather CM be an option.  

Have you watched him this season?

1 minute ago, Wsm-ram said:

Pretty much every signing has made sense but I can't get my head around the fact we are pushing hard for promotion with just Collins and mcgoldrick and the latter misses as many games has he plays..

Maybe Warne trusts the goal contributions to come from elsewhere and that there are options in the squad he can use as cover if needed? None of us saw Sibley, Fozzy and Smith being 3/4 of our best defence this season and yet Warne’s had them playing well.

Like everyone else, ideally I’d like to see a third striker added to the squad, could still happen on a free transfer, but as always I’d rather wait and see how the season plays out before getting too concerned with the what ifs and if only’s. 

Arsenal youngsters Kido Taylor-Hart and Billy Vigar have signed for Derby County on loan for the rest of the season.

The duo, 20 and 19 respectively, initially join the Rams’ under-21s but could get a taste of senior football should they impress.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

4 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Kiss the promotion chase goodbye,  Collins as the only fit striker currently is beyond shocking 

Jeez, I thought I was a glass half empty person!  I think that is somewhat of an overreaction.  We are fourth in the table, Didzy has a non serious knee injury.  We struggled against West Ham with Collins, but we could equally struggled with Didzy had he played - we struggled across the board against a PL side.

it’s not ideal, it would have been nice to bring someone else in, and if Didzy picks up a serious injury we will, doubtless struggle, and the chase for automatic may well be in doubt, but the playoffs are still achievable due to the fact that our goals come from throughout our team.  I would be more worried if we had a single striker that had scored the lion’s share of the goals but we haven’t.

Also don’t forget that Collins scored a brace against Cambridge back in October, he can and will score goals in league 1, a tepid performance against West Ham is not the be all and end all.

30 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I don’t like that the business plan is so specific on how we can spend the club’s budget. I accept the need for restrictions on the back of admin, but surely if we have a budget to operate with as a business, how that is used should be a little more flexible. We can’t spend fees on loans, transfers or agents, but can allegedly pay wages up to £12k per week. So we could sign someone tomorrow on an 18 month deal at that price, say Vydra or Wickham as an example. That contract costs something like £864,000 for its duration and is allowed in the rules, yet we can’t spend £250k on transfer fee and pay a younger player with resale value from say league 2 £4K a week for 2 or 3 years which would be something like £634,000 to £826,000 (3 year deal) in total outlay with the potential to sell the player on, making far better business sense for the long term prospects of DCFC and any creditors etc. (all figures worked out on the back of a fag packet so may be slightly out) 

Pretty much what I said weeks ago.  Used to do this for a living.  No business plan in the real world is this restrictive and I doubt it would be for any other club.  As long as you stay within the agreed remit, you should be able work in the parameters as you please. Hello Wigan.

28 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Kiss the promotion chase goodbye,  Collins as the only fit striker currently is beyond shocking 

FFS at least give us a chance of losing a game before you write the season off ?

15 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

Also don’t forget that Collins scored a brace against Cambridge back in October, he can and will score goals in league 1, a tepid performance against West Ham is not the be all and end all.

Come on now. We're in February, him scoring a brace in October is pretty irrelevant. He is playing pretty regularly in a winning side and can't seem to get any consistent number of goals. He isn't good enough. He was worse than tepid yesterday, he stunk the place out. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Come on now. We're in February, him scoring a brace in October is pretty irrelevant. He is playing pretty regularly in a winning side and can't seem to get any consistent number of goals. He isn't good enough. He was worse than tepid yesterday, he stunk the place out. 

But the team is still winning. 15 in the League unbeaten ?

Edited by Brailsford Ram

5 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

But the team is still winning. 15 in the League unbeaten ?

Yes - and? That's more despite Collins' poor performances than because of them. We are in pretty big trouble if McGoldrick gets a knock or a suspension in this second half of the season. 

Edited by Andicis