January Window

1of4

20 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We can’t change the rules that we agreed but there might be a way of delaying the fee owed - who knows 

What I mean is efl might loosen restrictions in able us pay small fee in comperstanion fee. But I do hope a deal can be struck but no doubt will have get permission to sign him.

43 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

What I mean is efl might loosen restrictions in able us pay small fee in comperstanion fee. But I do hope a deal can be struck but no doubt will have get permission to sign him.

He is probably more money than we are allowed to pay currently so would be looking to match that assuming that Brighton don’t offer him another contract 

On 01/02/2023 at 08:46, The Last Post said:

Yes we will, I'm so pi$$ed off with Warne, Why couldn't we buy someone?, Why wouldn't Arsenal or maybe Newcastle loan us their star striker?, Ronaldo FFS went to Saudi Arabia when he could have come here for £350k less a week, Or we should have asked Bristol City if they had any aging strikers that would like to take a hit on their wages, Perhaps we were offered someone who's not getting a game and hasn't scored a goal since 2020, I'll tell you what lets just sign someone who can fit into a number 9 shirt and keep our cold benches warm.

There's a reason we didn't sign a striker...ask CurtainsFast Feet Dance GIF by polgee 

Time will tell. If we get a few injuries, we’ll be in trouble. 

4 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

We wrote the 2 year business plan. The EFL agreed to it.

The business plan does get reviewed after this season, so it's reasonable to expect there could be some tweaks to allow a bit more movement - probably things like using fees instead of full wages, maybe offering 3 year contracts etc

33 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Only if Brighton offer him a new contract on equal or better terms than he is currnetly on.

Which. surely they would do if they think that the player has any value.

On the other hand, if Roberts asks them nicely to not to offer him a new contract, so that he can stay at Derby, then the club may put the player's interests above their own financial gain, does that still happen in modern football?

22 minutes ago, ram59 said:

On the other hand, if Roberts asks them nicely to not to offer him a new contract, so that he can stay at Derby, then the club may put the player's interests above their own financial gain, does that still happen in modern football?

He only has value if someone is willing to pay the fee. He turns 21 before the end of the season and he's a rotation player in L1. Typically, those types of players don't command a fee, with the club letting them move on to make something of their careers.

45 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I don't think many clubs would ever do this to be honest. Have we any examples of where this has happened in the past?

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He only has value if someone is willing to pay the fee. He turns 21 before the end of the season and he's a rotation player in L1. Typically, those types of players don't command a fee, with the club letting them move on to make something of their careers.

If he's impressing us enough to want to keep him, then other clubs would be interested in taking him also, you would think. Another club would probably offer to pay the development fee, if it meant that they could sign him rather than Derby. Hopefully, Roberts would make it clear that he would only want to come to Derby, but if a team like Sheff Wed offered him and his club a better package, you would think that he'd go there.

On 04/02/2023 at 14:39, Oldben said:

Mcgoldrick, forward has nine goals and two assists in 21 appearances, which makes him a useful asset to have in the squad, but it remains to be seen given his age, where his future lies beyond this campaign.

As others have said, Didzy just seems to be loving his football. He may well have another season in him, even if we’re in the championship - seems unlikely anyone else would take a risk on a 36 year old 

7 hours ago, Srg said:

The business plan does get reviewed after this season, so it's reasonable to expect there could be some tweaks to allow a bit more movement - probably things like using fees instead of full wages, maybe offering 3 year contracts etc

One would hope so Srg, however, I won't be holding my breath.