January Window

1of4

With the financial limitations imposed on us by the EFL. Will we have to carry on to the end of the season with our present players or can we bring in new players during the January Window? 

If we can bring in new faces will we be restricted to freebies and loans or will we be able to spend a few quid in the transfer market?

5 hours ago, 1of4 said:

With the financial limitations imposed on us by the EFL. Will we have to carry on to the end of the season with our present players or can we bring in new players during the January Window? 

If we can bring in new faces will we be restricted to freebies and loans or will we be able to spend a few quid in the transfer market?

Not much will change apart from those available will be from a reduced pool 

secondly what about knight and Bird contracts - have they signed to stay on or will we need to sell in January to raise whatever we can get 

48 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Not much will change apart from those available will be from a reduced pool 

secondly what about knight and Bird contracts - have they signed to stay on or will we need to sell in January to raise whatever we can get 

It's only Knight - Bird is under contract until July 2024. 

9 hours ago, 1of4 said:

1. We can bring players in
  2. We should be able to spend on players if it's within the agreed budget. We had enough budget spare to pay compensation for Warne, and there may still be some left over to pay transfer fees

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:
  2. We should be able to spend on players if it's within the agreed budget. We had enough budget spare to pay compensation for Warne, and there may still be some left over to pay transfer fees

The current squad is below our permitted maximum, so we can add players to the squad. However, I believe that we are still prevented from paying transfer or loan fees, even if the money was available through player sales.

The sale of Bielik would be pointless, but recalling him would be an option if PW felt that he could use him.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't suppose he'd really want to drop a division, and the money spent on one player could probably be spent on 'many'?

Ummm his contract hasn’t got long to run so is he worth that much to the club ? So if we could carry the wages ? Dunno. We need a right back more oh and some fire power up front. 

41 minutes ago, jono said:

Ummm his contract hasn’t got long to run so is he worth that much to the club ? So if we could carry the wages ? Dunno. We need a right back more oh and some fire power up front. 

I'd agree, wing backs/full backs are key to the set up Warne seems to want to use and NML and Barkhauzen are not really natural to it.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I’m pretty sure Stephen Pearce (or it may have even been Clowes) said in the recent fans forum that we cannot spend any money on transfers irrespective. I guess manager compensation is different.

Nobody other than those within the club have a clue what we can or can't do. However, my very weak understanding is that if we did receive funds from player sales then we may be able to invest those back into the squad but we'd have to charm the EFL in to agreeing a set percentage.

Ultimately i think we'll see a couple more loans and maybe a Bielik return. Knight unfortunately will probably leave at the end of the season for nowt. Cheers Mel.

2 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Knight unfortunately will probably leave at the end of the season for nowt. Cheers Mel.

Knight won't leave for nowt due to his age, it certainly won't be full value but so long as we offer at least an equal contract to what he's on now we would get compensation 

We wouldn't have changed up the manager and the style if we weren't confident of making the appropriate additions / changed in January IMO.

We all didn't think we could pay compensation for a manager in work, but that turned out to be nonsense.

I think January will be a big turning point for us, in ways maybe not expected.