January Window

1of4

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Warne has said that a player was offered to him for free the other day, so yeah a player may have been in the frame but too much in terms of loan fee required or maybe the % of wage out of budget, but loan fee goes to £0 or wages lowers into our budget

We can't pay transfer fees, loan fees or agents fees.

Players like Zohore, Wickham, or anyone who is freed from their contract before 11pm can join on a free transfer at any point until the end of March, when the free transfer window closes.

I’d guess we would look to get somebody in asap if that was the plan, it would give us another option and they’d be able to build some fitness too. But perhaps Warne thinks if we do lose JC or DMc for a considerable period, there is the chance to get someone else then.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Looks like there was nothing for them to report on after all. So, to describe them as being as much use as a chocolate fire guard looks like being a bit harsh.

Well there was White. Plus it would’ve added to the drama to have an update at midday that we’re in negotiations re a right back and striker. 

But no we get deathly silence before a tweet saying we’re in dead lumber.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Players like Zohore, Wickham, or anyone who is freed from their contract before 11pm can join on a free transfer at any point until the end of March, when the free transfer window closes.

I’d guess we would look to get somebody in asap if that was the plan, it would give us another option and they’d be able to build some fitness too. But perhaps Warne thinks if we do lose JC or DMc for a considerable period, there is the chance to get someone else then.

I would expect PW to have a look at the free agents......Kyle Lafferty anyone?

Edited by TomG

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We can't spend transfer fees or loan fees. Wages can't be above £12k including bonuses. 

It's a very difficult market for us, which is why It's annoying to see Derby fans pile on Collins when really we should be very grateful we have a player of his ability at our club in our current state - not hammering for not being as good as we're used to. 

I know and thats my point, maybe one of these were blocking the move but closer to the deadline gets lowered (wages) or fee removed so we can do it for free.

I dont get the Collins bashing either.

13 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Warne has said that a player was offered to him for free the other day, so yeah a player may have been in the frame but too much in terms of loan fee required or maybe the % of wage out of budget, but loan fee goes to £0 or wages lowers into our budget

I can exclusively reveal that it was national League Solihull Moors offering myself, from their over 63s walking football team, but PW said that I didn't have enough pace for his style of play. ?

2 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

I’m sure PW and team have tried to strengthen the obvious positions. There isn’t a magic player tree. 

2 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

I’m sure PW and team have tried to strengthen the obvious positions. There isn’t a magic player tree. 

Yeah there is it’s In my back garden 

12 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Well there was White. Plus it would’ve added to the drama to have an update at midday that we’re in negotiations re a right back and striker. 

But no we get deathly silence before a tweet saying we’re in dead lumber.

Fair point about White but do you really want your hopes to be raised by the press saying we’re in negotiations only for those hopes to be dashed? I don’t.