Ipswich v Derby (A) Matchday Thread - ‘and it’s live’

i-Ram

They've recently lost to Plymouth, and their most recent league game was a defeat against Lincoln (at home no less!). They've also just lost in the cup to Cambridge United.

Clearly they're getting worse, Kieran McKenna can't be long for the job!

Warneball should piss it.

...but without being facetious. We should stand a chance, if Lincoln can do at Portman Road to them what they did to us at Sincil bank we should be able to get something out of them too, now that we're playing a style closer to Lincoln than to Ipswich.

13 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

They've recently lost to Plymouth, and their most recent league game was a defeat against Lincoln (at home no less!). They've also just lost in the cup to Cambridge United.

Clearly they're getting worse, Kieran McKenna can't be long for the job!

Warneball should piss it.

...but without being facetious. We should stand a chance, if Lincoln can do at Portman Road to them what they did to us at Sincil bank we should be able to get something out of them too, now that we're playing a style closer to Lincoln than to Ipswich.

Quite funny isn’t it really.

They hired their rookie manager, had some fairly indifferent form but stuck with him and now I’m reading the best we can do is go there and hope! 

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Quite funny isn’t it really.

They hired their rookie manager, had some fairly indifferent form but stuck with him and now I’m reading the best we can do is go there and hope! 

It is in a way, but I don't think we're going there with nothing but hope.

I do genuinely think the way we're playing now stands us in better stead to with on Friday than if it had been a match in the first 10 games. It's the home games that are now more of a concern!

(You'd think teams got 4 points for winning away and only 3 at home such is the extra importance placed on away matches by some fans. Got to please the 'hardcore', 'loyal' fans though, not those schmucks who only go to home matches.)

It probably depends on whether we can find a solution to the defence being horribly exposed though (I thought we were fine in the second half vs Accrington so there's something to work with), either that or them missing a load of chances!

7 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

A win would be absolutely massive but, given we’ll be without Collins and it’s still early days in the Warne era, I’d take a desperate 0:0 draw right now. But, it feels like we need to win the next two at home.

The way Collins played last night we should be happy that it will probably be Dobbin and Osula or either with McGoldrick.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The way Collins played last night we should be happy that it will probably be Dobbin and Osula or either with McGoldrick.

Agreed. It was an all round poor team performance but Collins looked miles off the pace of the game. Worrying to say he'd only missed 1 game. 

2 hours ago, admira said:

The East Anglian Rams are mobilizing pre-match drinking plans via our WhatsApp group. Looking like 38 of us so far flying the flag (literally and metaphorically).

Few of the Norfolk Rams going too - obvs! We were planning on the Station Hotel but do you guys have something more inventive in mind?

5 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

(You'd think teams got 4 points for winning away and only 3 at home such is the extra importance placed on away matches by some fans. Got to please the 'hardcore', 'loyal' fans though, not those schmucks who only go to home matches.)

I agree this is ridiculously ironic and was used as a huge stick to beat LR.

I suspect it's more to do with the fact that we've been decent at home and stinky away for so long, people take the home form as a given. If (when?) it gets worse, you can count on the same fans to be complaining bitterly about that instead!

I thought after the Port Vale game how much Warne-ball was suited to away games and how it may be problematic at home. Still very early days so hopefully he can work out the formula to pick up points away and ensure we don't gift the impetus to the opposition at Pride Park.

I don't mind if we continue the away renaissance in Friday mind...

Up the Rams, long live the Messiah etc.

20 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

Bartosz Cybulski is on loan at Belper and George Nunn has been loaned to Mickleover.

Cybulski is at Matlock. Grewal-Pollard signed for Belper but hasn’t even been in the squad in the several games since it got announced so not sure what happened there. Belper have also signed Cian Kelly-Caprani from Derby, who started Belper’s draw last night against Radcliffe. 

23 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

A win would be absolutely massive but, given we’ll be without Collins and it’s still early days in the Warne era, I’d take a desperate 0:0 draw right now. But, it feels like we need to win the next two at home.

Lincoln did us a favour last weekend. People will say it’s early days but a top two finish is a far cry if we don’t win most of the 6 pointers against Plymouth, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Wendies...   Home and away.