Ipswich v Derby (A) Matchday Thread - ‘and it’s live’

i-Ram

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Ipswich are better than anyone we've played so far and I think the way we set up will leave our back three exposed, Ipswich to win relatively comfortably I think.

I'd actually have had more faith in some sort of result in this game playing the Rosenior way, purely because we'd have had more of the ball.

If we end up in a basketball match as has been the pattern under Warne Ipswich are good enough to punish us for it properly.

Ipswich are also quite slow at the back, with their wingbacks pushing high. This will be a very open game with lots of action.
Their CF, Ladapo is well known to Warne having spent the last 3 seasons at Rotherham. if anyone knows how to keep him quiet it'll be Warne.

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

So you think we wouldn’t have won any away games ?

The first away game at Charlton we absolutely murdered them in the first half and I still think if we’d won that 3 or 4 -1 like we should’ve things may have been different 

May have been different, but yet it wasn’t. And when did we play as well again? 
We were getting less free-flowing and more predictable the more games we played.

I’m sure we would have won away eventually, we managed to score that is!
I seem to remember Rooney saying something about how he and Rosenior were a good balance as he was the more attack minded and Rosenior was more defensively minded.

But I didn’t rate his management style and his little bits of paper pissed me off. Lovely bloke though, won’t deny that.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ah no. I’ve heard of it though. We’re staying in Akrotiri on the caldera side (but not Fira/Oia prices). We drove up to ancient Thera and looked down at Persissa! ?

Is it windy there? I remember being almost blown away near the coast. Nice though. We stayed in Perissa and Dorians was a short walk away. Friendly bar.

Long shot but does anyone know if there's somewhere that will show the match near Universal, Orlando? Tried Google, waiting for 1 pub to get back to me. Tried the NBC bar inside the park but they're not "carrying" it (sky) (their words).

I'd be quite happy watching it while the other half shops in the park (dangerous, I know).

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Is it windy there? I remember being almost blown away near the coast. Nice though. We stayed in Perissa and Dorians was a short walk away. Friendly bar.

It’s been a bit windy all week but particularly Monday and today. Quite sunny ☀️ so warm out of the wind. The island is much busier than I imagined, can’t think what it would be like in high season! We came to see the archaeology, Akrotiri is fascinating. The surviving (Bronze Age) wall paintings (on plaster) now in Fira museum are stunning.

14 hours ago, S8TY said:

I really think Liam’s Derby would win this game I think we’d control the game as Ipswich being the home side and up near the top would come at us and be picked off by us 

I want Warne to do well but I’d like us to have more of the ball and control the game more and I just don’t think the 3 centre backs are quick enough to play 352 so I’m not optimistic about this one but of course I’ll be cheering us on very loudly  ? 

ps hope Knight is fit 

We didn't control games under LR.  Midfield was wide open. All the home games can be used in evidence.  Agree about the centre backs, collectively they're not the biggest either but have done quite quite well nonetheless.

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

We’re here in Ipswich in the Lord Nelson, a few other Derby fans in as well.

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

Just about to set off from Brum for the game, I think that I need a boat rather than my car.

Just at the station here in South Hampshire (Eastleigh). First train 2 mins late, no cafés open....travel plans in tatters.... Oh my OCD... ?

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It’s been a bit windy all week but particularly Monday and today. Quite sunny ☀️ so warm out of the wind. The island is much busier than I imagined, can’t think what it would be like in high season! We came to see the archaeology, Akrotiri is fascinating. The surviving (Bronze Age) wall paintings (on plaster) now in Fira museum are stunning.

Nice We had a really nice wine tasting experience at Santo Wines if that’s your thing.

1 minute ago, Andrew3000 said:

True, I didn't. I still think the trend is that we mostly haven't controlled games.  Granted it may be more frenetic under Warne so far, but I don't think we are any more open to attack than we were.

We certainly had some stinkers under Rosenior. Several of the home games we completely lost control - sometimes we got away with it, like Barnsley, other times we didn't, like Plymouth.

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Ok if you’re drinking lager or Guinness. On Monday they didn’t have a single bitter on. 

A true classic…… White Rat from Osset. Say what you like about Yorkshire….. ok no don’t, but their beers are the best in the country. I’m stating that as a fact. Liveners before the game then post match celebration ales in Stockport. 

6B972F5D-3539-49D3-BFD6-FBF79EF459BD.jpeg

Edited by SKRam
Typo