Ipswich v Derby (A) Matchday Thread - ‘and it’s live’

i-Ram

7 hours ago, S8TY said:

I really think Liam’s Derby would win this game I think we’d control the game as Ipswich being the home side and up near the top would come at us and be picked off by us 

I want Warne to do well but I’d like us to have more of the ball and control the game more and I just don’t think the 3 centre backs are quick enough to play 352 so I’m not optimistic about this one but of course I’ll be cheering us on very loudly  ? 

ps hope Knight is fit 

That based on how many previous away wins for Liam?

9 hours ago, DenmarkRam said:

Flying in from DK tomorrow @admiraand not in the whatsapp group. Where do you have a pre-match drink? 

The Station Hotel, opposite the railway station. It's the official away fans only pub.

Don't think you will meet the WhatsApp group criteria as Denmark is a bit far from East Anglia! ?

Ipswich are better than anyone we've played so far and I think the way we set up will leave our back three exposed, Ipswich to win relatively comfortably I think.

I'd actually have had more faith in some sort of result in this game playing the Rosenior way, purely because we'd have had more of the ball.

If we end up in a basketball match as has been the pattern under Warne Ipswich are good enough to punish us for it properly.

2 hours ago, admira said:

The Station Hotel, opposite the railway station. It's the official away fans only pub.

Don't think you will meet the WhatsApp group criteria as Denmark is a bit far from East Anglia! ?

@admiraThanks. See you at the station hotel. Been to Ipswich before to watch Derby play. So I know The Station Hotels bar ????

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Ipswich are better than anyone we've played so far and I think the way we set up will leave our back three exposed, Ipswich to win relatively comfortably I think.

I'd actually have had more faith in some sort of result in this game playing the Rosenior way, purely because we'd have had more of the ball.

If we end up in a basketball match as has been the pattern under Warne Ipswich are good enough to punish us for it properly.

30 odd shots v Lincoln without scoring would suggest they might not be, but agree that this will be the toughest test this season and I'll be happy with a point. The long journey begins in a couple of hours!

9 hours ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

It's a shame Derby had to drop into the Third League but I get a chance to discuss a game event with it.     Back in 1975 we were the best two "football" clubs in the UK and now look at it, quite a fall away.    Teams of our stature shouldn't really be playing out at this level but we at least now got a real chance of making it back to Championship status by end of season.

We've had two losses just recent.   Lincoln somehow managed a win last weekend and survived some 35 attempts on their goal and still won while Cambridge sneaked a victory in some pointless tournament nonsense a few days back.    The latter wasn't a real concern but some of our fanbase took real issue with it.       The referee was in so many words, 'sub standard'

I get to follow action week in week out without live attendance by way of our fan forums and news items like EADT.     McKenna's done real good put often plays players out of position and favors a constant one in attack.   I'd expect the same for this game, it's not pretty, it's not particularly effective but has got us results.     The defense at times seems shaky and Walton has made some crucial errors just recent but still remains one of the very best goalkeepers outside the top two divisions.

If only McKenna played two or three in attack from the start and allowed say Chaplin Jackson and Aluko to get forward more often, we'd feel more confident in getting the goals to beat opponents.    Portman Road has come alive again this season after years of fans staying away.     Seeing 25,000 + for each fixture now particularly on a Saturday is encouraging but we don't always get the result to reward those who attend.

This is the type of game that will test our promotion credentials.    It's been 20 years since ITFC last featured in the EPL and while we still got another league to get past if or when we're promoted in May in order to make it back, the team at last is on the up and fans are having their best season in some years.     It should be a good event.    

Thanks for popping in to say “Hello”!!!

A word of warning: be careful when mentioning “sub-standard” referees on this forum. You are likely to get such a bollocking!

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Safe journey down every one who's going. I hope they don't pump sewage into the harbour with an unfortunate onshore breeze today.

I know someone who once lived in Ipswich and apparently that used to happen sometimes and was one of the depressing things about living there.

Happens all the time now……

30 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Thanks for popping in to say “Hello”!!!

A word of warning: be careful when mentioning “sub-standard” referees on this forum. You are likely to get such a bollocking!

I think anyone who implies the standard of officiating is anything less than the highest possible demonstration of ability and integrity is instantly banished from the forum. 

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

That based on how many previous away wins for Liam?

So you think we wouldn’t have won any away games ?

The first away game at Charlton we absolutely murdered them in the first half and I still think if we’d won that 3 or 4 -1 like we should’ve things may have been different 

Edited by S8TY