Mr William Osula

Day

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

Rest of the season? More like the rest of his career. Such a shame as he looked so good in that first loan.

I loved his first time with us. Runaway train, tried to do too much, often  ran in to traffic, was still learning … but he was electric. Full speed he was quickest on the pitch, and that was before he switched on the after burners. Haven’t seen change of pace like his ever.  Frightened the life out of defences, so they doubled up. He made gaps for everyone else. So sorry it didn’t work out, he could have been a folk hero here. I wish him well and hope he’ll get it together.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been really pleasantly surprised by young Will, I had judged him off the odd one or two youtube videos and thought he was just a runner with pace but no ball control.

Yes he's still very raw but I can now see he's got all the attributes to be a top end champ/lower Prem striker, wishful thinking but i'd love for us to be able to sign him permanently.  

Not the finished article but will he ever be? Serious question. Remember Wanchope? He looked like his legs had a mind of their own, he looked ungainly BUT he was always in control of them. Will Osula? I get the feeling he is less in control than Paulo was and that is something he is going to find difficult to improve on as it's "natural". I hope I'm wrong but he reminds me somewhat, albeit not in the same role, as Theo Robinson. Speedy and great when acting instinctively but not as good when given time to think. The clattering he gave to some of the opposition at Newport, were they "clumsy" or a young lad being overly enthusiastic? I hope the latter but I'm not convinced. L1 is probably his level and, again, I hope I'm wrong.

That's my opinion, some/many will disagree but that's fine. This place would be dull and boring if we didn't disagree.

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Rev said:

Why call him back before he's served his ban, makes no sense.

Perhaps they want to look at him in training while he’s suspended - and then rearrange another loan towards the end of the month with us or someone else; perhaps we’ve suggested he goes back.

Sheffield Utd maybe wanted more playing time for him, something which we cant guarantee for the remainder of the season so I'd not be stunned to see him loaned out to another L1 club before the end of Jan.

It's a shame as he has raw ability in a way that if he was one of our own he'd be one of those impact subs that would have us excited and blocking Crystal Palace scouts from the ground.

It may mean that Warne now has a forward to look for as well as the obvious defensive options he needs to explore.

30 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Sheffield Utd maybe wanted more playing time for him, something which we cant guarantee for the remainder of the season so I'd not be stunned to see him loaned out to another L1 club before the end of Jan.

It's a shame as he has raw ability in a way that if he was one of our own he'd be one of those impact subs that would have us excited and blocking Crystal Palace scouts from the ground.

It may mean that Warne now has a forward to look for as well as the obvious defensive options he needs to explore.

Maybe we already have a striker lined up so Utd can’t see the point of leaving him here….

Brought in at a time when we needed numbers, and numbers quick. He's done a relative job being cover but hasn't pushed on more than that. Sub appearances given he hasn't made much of an impact. Let's move on and bring in better. Hopefully for young William, he can get a move to league two or even the conference where he'll play full 90s every game and really kick on. 

Edited by Ram@Lincoln

From Sheffield United's point of view he has simply not been getting enough game time lately. If he'd been a Derby player out on loan in the same situation, I think most of us would have wanted him back here. We should have no complaints.