Mr William Osula

Day

Pleasing that Warne's comments are working for the team. He made a point that the team should set up to feed whoever is in the number 9 role. 

Doesn't matter whether its Osula, Collins, Dobbin or someone else they know they will be fed their chances. Nice to see a youngster who knew how the take the chances. 

1 minute ago, Oldben said:

Osula and Dobbin are both loans, at some point they return to their respective clubs.

If they do well, I assume that recall happens sooner.

Dobbin is not getting a look in in the premier league and Sheff Utd are 2nd chasing promotion and won’t be throwing it at a guy with 1 start ever. Chill. 

2 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Osula and Dobbin are both loans, at some point they return to their respective clubs.

Pretty sure this ones to be reviewed in January.  That may have been to protect us as much i suppose as if he turns out to be a poor loan, we have the option of utilising business plan funds in a better way to bring someone else in.  May allow breathing room to bring back Bielik as well if he stays fit.  Gut feeling is a loan fee from Birmingham till the end of the season on that though, as they'll be desperate to keep him for the season and we owe Arsenal 1.5 million soon. 

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

Yeah, that's pretty much how loans work.

We're in a position though where we have to use the loan system.

Would we prefer permanent signings? Of course, until this embargo has been lifted we have to do what we can do.

You know we can enjoy them whilst they are here, as we did with Mount, Wilson and Tomori....whilst these are nowhere near that level, we can still take them in as our own.

Once a Ram, always a Ram and all that.

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

Osula has that rawness that can only be iron out with regular playing time. I'll be surprised if he is recalled or even sent on loan to a Championship club. Before today, I was concerned he was too raw even for us and felt a loan to a lower placed team would be better for him, so to suggest he may be recalled to play at a higher level is a little premature.

Dobbin has quickly adapted to L1 football, but his sole contribution in 9 league games is 1 assist. Unless his end product suddenly improves, he'll be with us for the season too.

I had to go suit shopping for my son’s wedding so have only seen the highlights plus comments on dcfcfans. But it seems we played things right for William. I noticed last week that he isn’t a typical “lump at the front”, despite his height. But with the ball on the ground he is mustard, and we played it to feet.

Last week we were playing to Collins’ strengths, which lend themselves to a long-ball approach, but when he was sent off we carried on with long balls up to someone who isn’t a long ball man, and it showed

It would seem that Warney has identified the difference between the two strikers and played us appropriately.

Personally I would prefer us to play ball-to-feet, but fear we will go to the boot-it style if Collins returns. I hope I am wrong!

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Osula has that rawness that can only be iron out with regular playing time. I'll be surprised if he is recalled or even sent on loan to a Championship club. Before today, I was concerned he was too raw even for us and felt a loan to a lower placed team would be better for him, so to suggest he may be recalled to play at a higher level is a little premature.

Dobbin has quickly adapted to L1 football, but his sole contribution in 9 league games is 1 assist. Unless his end product suddenly improves, he'll be with us for the season too.

I think no recall clause in his contract but I could be wrong.

3 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I had to go suit shopping for my son’s wedding so have only seen the highlights plus comments on dcfcfans. But it seems we played things right for William. I noticed last week that he isn’t a typical “lump at the front”, despite his height. But with the ball on the ground he is mustard, and we played it to feet.

Last week we were playing to Collins’ strengths, which lend themselves to a long-ball approach, but when he was sent off we carried on with long balls up to someone who isn’t a long ball man, and it showed

It would seem that Warney has identified the difference between the two strikers and played us appropriately.

Personally I would prefer us to play ball-to-feet, but fear we will go to the boot-it style if Collins returns. I hope I am wrong!

You could said let's go wedding in stantley and then pub and football win for all.

56 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Will he know who it’s about? I doubt he’s been called Mr Osula in his entire life 

We’ll, it’s never too late for us to start!

… although we may have to re-jig his theme tune!  ?

Edited by Mucker1884

• 4 weeks later...