Boro Sack Wilder

Beetle

Wilder is a great manager, for sure, but it's really not worked out for him at Boro. They've spent/reinvested quite a bit of money after the Djed Spence sale in the summer so I doubt they expected to be troubling the bottom 3 this season - even if it is early in the season. 

Equally, Wilder took his time at Sheffield United and built a team that worked within his style of play. The forward runs from the centre backs, which caused every team matchup nightmares, seemingly haven't transitioned well to the North East. Not many of this core principles could've done because Wilder is a smart guy. 

I think it just goes to show that football management is an enigma - you can do the same thing, with two different sides and get completely different results. Important not to get too downhearted or upbeat about a particular managerial appointment because it really could go either way. I have no doubts some are better than others, but if you have a top manager and the squad don't buy in or don't like his methods then it won't be successful. Chris Hughton is a good example of just how erratic the life of a football manager can be. 

It will be interesting to see who Boro get in, but very much doubt it will be anyone with a better track record than Wilder - not that I think that it matters too much! 

MrBurnsexcellent.png

I think Wilder is a good manager who would've got things right at 'boro eventually, so I'm very pleased to see him go. It will be interesting to see where he winds up next. I think even going to 'boro was a shocking decision on his part. Hopefully he decides to sit out and take a break for a few years so pube head has to pay his contract in full.

King Billy to 'boro please. They deserve one another. I felt sorry for Nigel Doughty with the stress Jimmy Krankie put him under, I'd have no such sympathy for Gibson.

Edited by Anon

Dear Stephen Mr Gibson Steve,

I think I should be manager of Middlesbrough football club.

I promise to vape to such an extent the resulting smog hits a special place deep in the soul of all those who pill on the Boro kit. 

I will improve the conditioning of the squad with enforced "parmo" interval eatings.

I will organise the team to play the Boro way (badly) and be gracious when relieved of my duties. As long as I receive a sufficient payout.

I look forward to seeing a lucrative contract drop into my inbox.

Kind regards

Fully expect Gibson to issue a legal challenge to our appointment of Paul Warne given our business plan restrictions. The fact we were able to appoint him before Boro had the chance to sack Wilder and do it themselves is an obvious breach of a regulation that Gibson has just invented in his own mind and will now impose upon the EFL.

17 minutes ago, Beetle said:

Be interesting if Gibson made an approach for Warne... I'd like to think Warne would turn it down but you never know in football

If he was still at Rotherham then I could see it, absolutely no chance Warne leaves us after one match.

A. From what I have seen of Warne he is a better man than that.

B. The club would simply reject the approach outright.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Wilder is a great manager, for sure, but it's really not worked out for him at Boro. They've spent/reinvested quite a bit of money after the Djed Spence sale in the summer so I doubt they expected to be troubling the bottom 3 this season - even if it is early in the season. 

Equally, Wilder took his time at Sheffield United and built a team that worked within his style of play. The forward runs from the centre backs, which caused every team matchup nightmares, seemingly haven't transitioned well to the North East. Not many of this core principles could've done because Wilder is a smart guy. 

I think it just goes to show that football management is an enigma - you can do the same thing, with two different sides and get completely different results. Important not to get too downhearted or upbeat about a particular managerial appointment because it really could go either way. I have no doubts some are better than others, but if you have a top manager and the squad don't buy in or don't like his methods then it won't be successful. Chris Hughton is a good example of just how erratic the life of a football manager can be. 

It will be interesting to see who Boro get in, but very much doubt it will be anyone with a better track record than Wilder - not that I think that it matters too much! 

This is what concerns me when supporters get over excited about PW. 

There is no guarantee

13 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Burnley issue you say? Sounds like an incoming legal case to me. 

Burnley maliciously and knowingly acted to further the interests of Burnley football club and not Middlesbrough football club. As such we calculate the damages as approximately £11m.

It's understood mr Gibson Steve will settle for less as long as Burnley issue a public apology for not doing their best for Boro.