Boro Sack Wilder

Beetle

35 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It makes me sick. I hope lots of very bad things happen to Steve Gibson because he would deserve all of that. Never forget, never forgive. He prevented us having any hope of staying in the Championship and tried to drive us out of existence.

Perhaps an environmentalist lobby can investigate him and protest at his ground.  The amount of CFC's and chemicals he must pump into the atmosphere in perming solution and Elnet must be horrific.  

image.thumb.png.5b2cb10fa8be9bab8b4e136236cc09f3.png

12 hours ago, angieram said:

Middlesbrough's accounts are out, Gibson pouring money into the club, as per.

If you follow the thread right down to the bottom, Maguire is speculating they received £2.7 million from Mel Morris. That was an amount after year end, of course. 

Oh, and they owe the taxman, too! 

The quote I have seen refers to third parties. So it may have been more than one claim. £2.7 million seems implausible for what must have just been the legal fees but Gibson claims went on for years so who knows his lawyers may have had a field day. Gibson and his lawyers probably deserve each other.   

12 hours ago, angieram said:

Middlesbrough's accounts are out, Gibson pouring money into the club, as per.

If you follow the thread right down to the bottom, Maguire is speculating they received £2.7 million from Mel Morris. That was an amount after year end, of course. 

Oh, and they owe the taxman, too! 

Isn't the limit on losses £39 million? So they need to make  a profit of £10 million next year to avoid FFP penalties? Or do those rules only apply to us, not to Gibson? 

9 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Isn't the limit on losses £39 million? So they need to make  a profit of £10 million next year to avoid FFP penalties? Or do those rules only apply to us, not to Gibson? 

P&S results do not equate to accounting results as there are various exemptions.

10 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

P&S results do not equate to accounting results as there are various exemptions.

It's also a '4 year cycle' due to Covid:

((19/20 + 20/21) / 2)    +    21/22    +    22/23    =    P&S Period to 2023

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I thought Efl had closed all the loopholes. Apparently not.

Not necessarily loopholes. Just as an example, academy costs arent included in P&S results.

The loophole Im asking the EFL about is the Covid allowances and exemptions granted to teams. Unsurprisingly, they seem to be shying away from providing information. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not necessarily loopholes. Just as an example, academy costs arent included in P&S results.

The loophole Im asking the EFL about is the Covid allowances and exemptions granted to teams. Unsurprisingly, they seem to be shying away from providing information. 

Different rules apply to Boro. I asked Efl why the same rules weren’t being applied to them and guess what I didn’t get a reply. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Different rules apply to Boro. I asked Efl why the same rules weren’t being applied to them and guess what I didn’t get a reply. 

In fairness, every time I have sent an e-mail to the EFL they have always responded. 

Out of interest, what rules do you think are not applying to Boro?

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

In fairness, every time I have sent an e-mail to the EFL they have always responded. 

Out of interest, what rules do you think are not applying to Boro?

All of them. Gibson ‘s tantrums last year and early part of this year bringing the game into disrepute, breaching specific Efl rules on not disparaging other clubs etc. would be breaching FFP if these rules hadn’t changed to suit them. 

15 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

All of them. Gibson ‘s tantrums last year and early part of this year bringing the game into disrepute, breaching specific Efl rules on not disparaging other clubs etc. would be breaching FFP if these rules hadn’t changed to suit them. 

Do you have evidence that they would be breaching P&S if the rules had not been changed?

16 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Do you have evidence that they would be breaching P&S if the rules had not been changed?

FYI, I estimate them to be within the limit by about £16m in the 4 year period to 2022, taking into account standard exclusions and realistic Covid losses.

It's Stoke's accounts which should by under the greatest scrutiny. Coincidentally, I had them down as being £45.1m over the P&S limit in the 2022 period (£9.4m in the 2021 period) if it wasn't for a £45.3m profit on their stadium and training ground in the 20/21 season.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

FYI, I estimate them to be within the limit by about £16m in the 4 year period to 2022, taking into account standard exclusions and realistic Covid losses.

It's Stoke's accounts which should by under the greatest scrutiny. Coincidentally, I had them down as being £45.1m over the P&S limit in the 2022 period (£9.4m in the 2021 period) if it wasn't for a £45.3m profit on their stadium and training ground in the 20/21 season.

Conveniently purchased by Bet 365 for no logical reason whatsoever along with a majority shareholding at a huge premium.  Now who owns Bet 365 again

Denise Coates CBE (born 26 September 1967) is a British billionaire businesswoman, the founder, majority shareholder and joint chief executive of online gambling company Bet365.

All fine though along with over 40 million in covid losses ????????