Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

38 minutes ago, Topram said:

Also think we will see some players aged between 23/29 coming in aswell in January ?

How? 

Players in that age bracket who could improve us will likely have contracts elsewhere. 

We can't pay fees, either transfer or loan, and can't pay agents either. 

We also can't offer playing contracts longer than two years, so can't offer security to any players we could sign. 

Warne himself said he understands the reason for the age gap in our squad, so I can't see how much can change in January. 

28 minutes ago, Rev said:

How? 

Players in that age bracket who could improve us will likely have contracts elsewhere. 

We also can't offer playing contracts longer than two years, so can't offer security to any players we could sign. 

Warne himself said he understands the reason for the age gap in our squad, so I can't see how much can change in January. 

Could we value a player at say 500k and trade like wise with a club. No fees and if the same rate of pay no agent required .  As long as they get their 10% at the same rate, they won 't be bothered.

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Could we value a player at say 500k and trade like wise with a club. No fees and if the same rate of pay no agent required .  As long as they get their 10% at the same rate, they won 't be bothered.

It's possible, I suppose. 

It just wouldn't fit with our seemingly new ethos of doing everything by the book, and not being the dodgy spivs of the EFL.

40 minutes ago, Rev said:

How? 

Wasn’t there some news from the recent supporter meeting that said the business plan was flexible based on how our financial health looked going forward. Also that it was planned based on worst case scenario figures, and our ticket sales have helped a lot.

Perhaps there is some flexibility for a signing or loan with a small fee if we can agree it won’t put us off track with the business plan.

20 minutes ago, roboto said:

Wasn’t there some news from the recent supporter meeting that said the business plan was flexible based on how our financial health looked going forward

Ah I though that was a reference to the business plan restricting football expenditure to a set % of revenues.  In other words allowing much greater expenditure if we get promotion 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

There's nothing wrong with trading players. Don't need to 'value' them as they'd be free transfers for both clubs.

49 minutes ago, roboto said:

Wasn’t there some news from the recent supporter meeting that said the business plan was flexible based on how our financial health looked going forward. Also that it was planned based on worst case scenario figures, and our ticket sales have helped a lot.

Perhaps there is some flexibility for a signing or loan with a small fee if we can agree it won’t put us off track with the business plan.

From our point of view, as supporters, that would be great.

From the point of view of a small debtor of DCFC, who's just accepted pence in the pound as a result of administration, maybe having to shut up shop, or make people redundant as a result, not so good perhaps?

15 minutes ago, Rev said:

From our point of view, as supporters, that would be great.

From the point of view of a small debtor of DCFC, who's just accepted pence in the pound as a result of administration, maybe having to shut up shop, or make people redundant as a result, not so good perhaps?

That’s Mel Morris, not David Clowes. It’s gone. 

Paul Warne at his first presser:

"I want to press, I want to get the ball back high, I want to stop counter-attacks, keep attacks going and for that you have to press, you have to be athletic but fundamentally you have to be really good on the ball and I think the lads have been really conducive to what we’re trying to do."

Athletic and a high press, being good on the ball and keeping attacks going are exactly how I want us to play. Let's hope we'll start seeing this on Saturday. We saw this sometimes under Lampard. I remember the Marriott goal at Old Trafford was the inevitable result of incessant pressure - we were unstoppable. They couldn't live with the waves of attacks.

I don't want to see us with the ball around the opposition box only to try to funnel it back to Wildsmith to start again. I don't want to see freekicks in the opposition half get funnelled back to Wildsmith to start again. Ditto throw-ins. If we're to be promoted we have to start looking in the right direction.

13 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Derby replace a man who speaks extremely well, very articulate and very positive, with another man who speaks extremely well, very  articulate and very positive.

I wish these two men only the very best in their future careers. Football is short of men who speak extremely well, are very articulate and very positive.

I couldn’t have put it better myself.

15 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Yes , that was interesting Roy. Sounds like everyone is going to get much fitter. I have been looking at Rotherham highlights and there are no short free kicks in the opposition half- they all go into the box. So 3 centre half’s are expected to go up for them and get back quickly.Lots of running to do.

That was my “takeaway” too. They implication being, ahem .. you WILL be athletes even if you didn’t know it. There was a touch of wry humour there. That and the we go to win every game home or away. 

Thought it was a great interview with some honest answers and a happy lack of cliches 

31 minutes ago, jono said:

That was my “takeaway” too. They implication being, ahem .. you WILL be athletes even if you didn’t know it. There was a touch of wry humour there. That and the we go to win every game home or away. 

Thought it was a great interview with some honest answers and a happy lack of cliches 

But remember, it's a game of two halves and we've only just kicked off.  Looking forward to him getting his first signing into the building!