Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

11 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Wonder whether this is related to the speculation that he earns more than would be permitted under EFL business plan?

Somehow the Curley one found out, Sent Parry an email saying DCFC paying over the odds in their business plan, Do something or I'll take you to court and sue

15 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I don’t judge my opinion of someone on 4 away league games only.

Sadly a lot of fans do.

Wonder if Paul Warne will be sacked after 11 games if we’re not higher than 7th?

You can’t quote his win percentage being the best of any Derby manager since the war and tout that as a good thing, then say you can’t judge just 4 away games. That’s hypocritical. 

At the beginning of the season the bookies looked at our signings and quite rightly said favourites for automatic promotion. Since then it's been pretty good at home apart from the Plymouth game, Away from home absolutely dreadful. LR has been given all the new signings he wanted but the performances don't reflect the quality in depth we have. 

It's a results game and the results have not been good enough. 

The worrying thing is he was coaching the side so that would have to change too.

Bring in someone who has man- management skills, we do have a very good side , on paper far to good for league 1, but the performances and results don't reflect the quality we have.

I have noticed a lot of posts suggesting David Clowes has made this decision. I don’t think he has. I doubt he is making any footballing matters decisions and others are making them. He may give the final ok but I reckon others are making these calls.

As for LR interim was always the title. Can’t make out if something is in place already. It would be strange to step down without someone in place. RD said Warne is away having a celebration holiday with his coaching staff and wives or is it a thank you and good bye to them?

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Just for the record, excluding the manager we had during the Second World War, Liam leaves us as the highest win % record of any manager we've had.

Yet some people think he's not good enough...

He's managed 9 games, stats like that mean nothing, he could lose the next 4 games, then how would the win % look after only 13 games.

1 minute ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I have noticed a lot of posts suggesting David Clowes has made this decision. I don’t think he has. I doubt he is making any footballing matters decisions and others are making them. He may give the final ok but I reckon others are making these calls.

As for LR interim was always the title. Can’t make out if something is in place already. It would be strange to step down without someone in place. RD said Warne is away having a celebration holiday with his coaching staff and wives or is it a thank you and good bye to them?

Stephen Pearce is still employed by the club

Bizarre that folks are crying that this is just like the hire fire mel days ,, rosenior was never appointed manager

bizarre that folks are crying why let him bring in players then get rid ,,,,,,, we had next no players and nobody else to bring them in rather than rosenior 

I am not in the least surprised he has not got the job permanently, to me we have some very decent players come in who started well and are going backwards ,the last three games have been a shambles , the win on Saturday papers over the cracks and to me it was down to the players determination and quality at this level that pulled us out of the fire , Liam said afterwards that he told the players at halftime to stay patient and keep doing what they were doing ( words to that affect),

we are neither one thing or the other under Liam this season , we Pratt about at the back to allow the opposition to get into shape behind the ball then go direct long ball or long diagonal 

if your going direct then do it quick and catch the opposition out ??‍♂️

I hear a lot of talk about anti football but to me knocking the ball around your own half then turning back to your own half constantly, keeping the ball at all cost s at the expense of not scoring is the most anti football you can be

The decision to relieve Liam of his duties is a more strange decision than a shock. If he had lost on Sat then no-one would be in shock at today's decision. The strangeness of it all is that Paul warne is in line for the job. Yes he is proven at this level but I'm not aware of if we are in a position to pay compo to the Millers. Didn't even cross my mind that Liam would be replaced with someone currently in employment, especially above us. 

Time will tell. 

Rosenior had lost the plot somewhat in my eyes, with that team he started on Saturday. We started the season by creating loads of chances, just being wasteful - carry on playing that way and the wins would come. Instead he goes to 5 at the back at home and for 3 games we'd been largely lumping the ball forwards and missing out the midfield.

I think with the quality we have for this level, an experienced manager will get us up no problem.

Also won't be sad to see the back of our goal kick routine...

4 minutes ago, Charliegeorge1962 said:

At the beginning of the season the bookies looked at our signings and quite rightly said favourites for automatic promotion. Since then it's been pretty good at home apart from the Plymouth game, Away from home absolutely dreadful. LR has been given all the new signings he wanted but the performances don't reflect the quality in depth we have. 

The worrying thing is he was coaching the side so that would have to change too.

Bring in someone who has man- management skills, we do have a very good side , on paper far to good for league 1, but the performances and results don't reflect the quality we have.

Rams are now 3-1 for promotion , But a Massive 12-1 to win Div 1 . Stranger things have happened.

10 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I was told on Saturday that Rosenior was off to Brighton as coach or assistant manager. I took it with a huge pinch of salt at the time. 

In the same conversation, I was also told that David Clowes is about to sell to Mike Ashley. I also didn't take that seriously. 

Looks like I forgot the golden rule - we're Derby County, so the normal rules of probability just don't apply.

Ashley has stepped down at Fraser Group. Maybe he is looking for a new job. 

8 minutes ago, Charliegeorge1962 said:

Bookies have always had us at most third favourites for promotion. 

Just now, Gritstone Ram said:

Having invested so much money in us and watched us for so long, I'd be amazed if David Clowes wasn't personally making these decisions. I would trust myself and no one else when so much of my money was at stake. Yes, that's the same attitude that Mel had, but that is surely the reality of football and wealthy owners.

I was unhappy when Rosenior was given the job because of ultra defensive setup and play under his coaching since he arrived at the club, but I could see it as a case of needs must at the time, given the urgent need to bring players in to be able to field a team. I was very glad from the off it was as "interim" manager. Rosenior speaks incredibly well. Some things have been done well, and some poorly. Given the players we have, I feel we should be doing better. But he has obviously brought a togetherness to the club and I respect him for that, and for having a clear vision of how to play, even if didn't like it. Given the financial requirement for promotion this season, I feel we should be set up in a more attacking fashion and simply couldn't afford to be so experimental. 

If this change means we play more attacking football, and score more goals, and stop fannying about so much at the back, and look forward rather than backwards when we get on the ball, I will be delighted. The piece @RoyMac5posted was very interesting and shows Warne is a very thoughtful manager, and that's what comes across in @Dimmu's YouTube clip too. Rosenior was OK but, for good or ill, I feel the season is about to become a lot more exciting.

The news is very odd. I was in favour of Rosenior  and the style of football he was trying to play. I do think having that identity is a good thing long term and would likely have more long term success than a more agricultural approach. The away form was terrible and obviously needed addressing, as did the midfield balance. But all things considered he was doing a decent job. 

Warne has done a brilliant job at Rotherham. He’s a legend there and has been the best lower league manager in recent years. My worry is, he’s not done it anywhere apart from Rotherham. Can he do that at a bigger club? Can he win players over? Can he work with bigger egos? Can he manage a team with high expectations? Derby is a different animal and he doesn’t have the experience of this. It’s never dull, but in this case, I wish it was. I’ll reserve judgement until things are confirmed, but the news is odd.

Getting a different manager must be allowed because ours left ( Rooney) and we saved a shed load of money to get a new and cheaper manager whilst our target probably isn’t on a great deal and might have a clause in his contract to leave if for X amount if he wants - just guessing obviously 

Surprised by this decision tbh.  Quote below from a Rotherham supporting friend who unlike a few others I’ve wound up gave a balanced view,

”He’d do well for you, gets everything out of the players he has and is an absolute fitness fanatic so they’d run for everything.  There’s a reason he’s never kept us in the Championship though, not sure he’s got the tactical knowledge to coach at that higher level, especially against Prem teams that have come down.”

I’ve refrained from replying to say he’s not kept Rotherham in the Championship because, well, it’s Rotherham.  

10 minutes ago, Srg said:

You can’t quote his win percentage being the best of any Derby manager since the war and tout that as a good thing, then say you can’t judge just 4 away games. That’s hypocritical. 

But I can quote it to people using the four away games as an indication of why he’s been relieved of his position.

So no it’s not hypocritical. I would never have made him temporary manager in the first place. That was a poor decision for me.

He would have been my manager from day one. I honestly think he’s been outstanding. He clearly has the players full respect. He has the coaching teams respect. He’s signed some top players, above League One Standard. He’s put them all into a team who have developed a playing culture.

I am 100% sure the away wins would have come. I don’t doubt that for one minute.

Now I see the potential of a long ball manager coming in. I see a total disaster coming. I see Bird and Knight (two players who fully respected LR) potentially wanting to leave in January now.

Most fans on here who want him to go have judged him on the 11 games played so far, so if I do the same, I think it’s been very good. I’m taking the full picture into consideration as well.

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Having invested so much money in us and watched us for so long, I'd be amazed if David Clowes wasn't personally making these decisions. I would trust myself and no one else when so much of my money was at stake. Yes, that's the same attitude that Mel had, but that is surely the reality of football and wealthy owners.

I was unhappy when Rosenior was given the job because of ultra defensive setup and play under his coaching since he arrived at the club, but I could see it as a case of needs must at the time, given the urgent need to bring players in to be able to field a team. I was very glad from the off it was as "interim" manager. Rosenior speaks incredibly well. Some things have been done well, and some poorly. Given the players we have, I feel we should be doing better. But he has obviously brought a togetherness to the club and I respect him for that, and for having a clear vision of how to play, even if didn't like it. Given the financial requirement for promotion this season, I feel we should be set up in a more attacking fashion and simply couldn't afford to be so experimental. 

If this change means we play more attacking football, and score more goals, and stop fannying about so much at the back, and look forward rather than backwards when we get on the ball, I will be delighted. The piece @RoyMac5posted was very interesting and shows Warne is a very thoughtful manager, and that's what comes across in @Dimmu's YouTube clip too. Rosenior was OK but, for good or ill, I feel the season is about to become a lot more exciting.

How many more shots on goal do we need to have to be considered playing attacking football? You never cease to amaze me.