Liam Rosenior

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Seems a huge slide from allegedly turning down a managers role at a Championship club to being told his services are no longer needed at this club all within a relatively short period of time.

Bet he regrets that decision now if indeed he was offered the job at Blackpool at all. 

I preferred Paul Warne's take on it; he was much kinder and far more respectful to Rosenior than you are vicar.

Sad to see Liam go, however he did not help himself playing Knight at RB, no away goals and no wins, refusing to change the style of play, you can have all the possession stats in your favour but goals win games.

Talking to a Barnsley season ticket holder today and his view all the good players you have signed you should be doing better, are they performing or just going through the motions.

My view we will see better performances from the same players under Warne, watched a clip of him meeting the players, relaxed and happy, Warne started singing a song the players looked like startled rabbits caught in headlights, Warne suggested they sing, already like his style for a club should be a happy club and together, have a good feeling Warne could be the man.

Not to many parties at the Joiners !!!

A 'one off' in football whose loyalty and sincerity should be lauded from the rooftops. Yes he may not be the the right man here and now but he will be a success in the future at another club. Thanks to a genuinely nice guy whose stood by his principles and gave our club something to hold onto  when it was needed most. Good luck for the future Liam. I will miss you for sure. If you come back with another team I for one,and hopefully us all will give you a great ovation for what you have done for this great club of ours over the past three years. UTR!

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Seems a huge slide from allegedly turning down a managers role at a Championship club to being told his services are no longer needed at this club all within a relatively short period of time.

Bet he regrets that decision now if indeed he was offered the job at Blackpool at all. 

I would think his stock in the football community is higher now than it ever was, as evidenced by the wide ranging complimentary statements from people in the game.

You can argue that PW is better suited to our needs right now but people writing off LR completely frankly have no idea what they're talking about. He's done a great job for us and very unfortunate not to get the job permanently.

I doubt he'll be out of work long.

Good luck Liam, hope you get another opportunity soon.

I wish him all the best …football today seems more about greed than anything else sometimes ….couldn’t have been easy over the last couple of years here…

I remember him saying that his father and family were here when he became interim manager and Liam was so proud to be leading this team …it didn’t work out but he conducted himself with grace even leaving with a statement unlike some others who have not given a s*** about this club …respect where it’s due good luck Liam I will applaud you if you ever return to PP even as an opponent …good luck 

5 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I preferred Paul Warne's take on it; he was much kinder and far more respectful to Rosenior than you are vicar.

It was an observation.

And isn't very helpful referring to a statement without even providing the original quotation as I don't know what Warne's take on it or whatever your are alluding to. 

Taking all of that aside whatever Rosenoir does in the future I hope he has success.

If that's respectful enough for you without bowing or touching my forelock. 

Taken from a Rosenior interview with Henry Winter of The Times. July 2022.

“We had staff members refreshing Twitter revery two minutes trying to get the latest news on the club which is an unhealthy unsustainable way of living,” he recalls. Staff were so fearful. One long-standing member of staff came up to Rosenior and Rooney one day and asked, “I’ve never wanted to leave this club but do you think there will be any jobs at (nearby) St George’s Park.” Rosenior says, “It was heart-breaking. They were in tears. They love this club.

Cheers pal, your contribution to the survival of our great club will not be forgotten.….….

……………good luck and all the best for the future.

Edited by Old Spalding Ram

His knowledge and the way he wants to play was a ploy that was soon worked out in league1, He always came across as very knowledgeable about the game and spoke well on camara, One of the things that I'll not forget was how the dressing room was left after the Fleetwood game, It shows what LR is all about.

He'll not be out of the game too long, There's a place for him at a higher level where keep ball is more suited.

Thanks Liam a very nice man ? 

Much the best thing all round. Had he stayed Liam would have known it was undermining Warne's position. Plus we need to break away from the way of playing that has been ingrained in the players, and we couldn't do that with Rosenior remaining at the club.

He leaves amicably, with thanks, with his stock pretty high. I would argue Derby were his experimental project and we could not afford to be his experimental project, but I understand he will also have thought he was doing the best thing for the club.

Look forward to seeing where Warney takes the team, and following where Rosenior's career goes from here.

Love how Rosenior gets hammered for the lack of away goals.  How many chances did the team he put together create?  Really not his fault that Collins, Knight, Barkhuizen and the rest all missed chances they should've put away.  Think really fine margins have costs Derby points away from home and ultimately Rosenior the managers job.  

gutted he's gone but it's the right thing with a new manager in charge. I don't think any of us can adequately express our gratitude for all his efforts during arguably the most turbulent time in the club's history. Hopefully he'll be back at Pride Park at some point, whether in the opposition dugout or as a guest and we can give him the send off he truly deserves.

Unsurprised, good look to lr.

Derby averaged 1.92 points per match with Rosenior as caretaker manger. This trumps Rooney’s total as Rams boss, with the former Manchester United striker averaging 1.14 points per match during his 17-month tenure.

We might have stayed up if Lr had been our Manager instead of Rooney.

7 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

Love how Rosenior gets hammered for the lack of away goals.  How many chances did the team he put together create?  Really not his fault that Collins, Knight, Barkhuizen and the rest all missed chances they should've put away.  Think really fine margins have costs Derby points away from home and ultimately Rosenior the managers job.  

Yes that’s one way of looking at it. Or you can stand back and ask yourself: is this group of players looking as good as they should? Or: with this group of players, should we be losing to that lot? Or: how come the oppo makes more effective changes and subs than we do ? 

The xG and other stats only take you so far