Liam Rosenior

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

Been around lots of clubs and still 19 like to hope he proves me wrong ! 

6 years at Chelsea and 4 years at Arsenal before he moved to Rangers Academy to give a different academy a go. Then he came to Derby (closer to home) where he managed to make his senior debut and attract premier league interest. His 13th season in the football business and his 5th club (Palace are his local club), not too out of the ordinary in the football world.

44 minutes ago, roboto said:

6 years at Chelsea and 4 years at Arsenal before he moved to Rangers Academy to give a different academy a go. Then he came to Derby (closer to home) where he managed to make his senior debut and attract premier league interest. His 13th season in the football business and his 5th club (Palace are his local club), not too out of the ordinary in the football world.

Sorry under 15 hardly counts - since then he has been at 4 clubs in 4 years underlines my point better.

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

Sorry under 15 hardly counts - since then he has been at 4 clubs in 4 years underlines my point better.

Yeah. It underlines your point because you’ve twisted the facts to make it suit your argument.

He has had 2 professional contracts. One year at Derby which he completed and the one he signed at Palace.

On 28/09/2022 at 22:17, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Plange was arse gravy for most of his last 5 months here.  His goal output was shocking for games played and he missed possibly the easiest header in history in a massive away game at QPR.  The other two have more potential in buckets, albeit there on the summer s*** list of crappy exits with a few others.  

Plange worked his socks off and if he’d been alongside a n other who pressed high as he did we’d have scored more goals.

But yes he was still finding his feet at championship level when he had the ball. I can’t understand anyone rating him ahead of Malcolm E

(PS Lineker missed the easiest header in history )

1 minute ago, StarterForTen said:

I see Hull City have just parted company with their manager. Perhaps one eye on Mr Rosenior's availability on that decision?

He has Hull history.

They also have a crazy Turkish owner who’s signed a load of foreigners and wants to challenge for promotion this season. Can’t see it. 

2 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

I see Hull City have just parted company with their manager. Perhaps one eye on Mr Rosenior's availability on that decision?

He has Hull history.

he has only had one post, and that as interim. And the cold reality is, he didn’t get the permanent appointment. So Liam may be on plenty of clubs’ lists as a ‘possible’ but it’s always likely the offer will go to those with more experience. Needs a bit of luck now 

To be fair I don't think LR's reputation has particularly been damaged over him not getting the Derby job permanently. By all accounts he had the Blackpool job and then turned it down for us (or at least thats my understanding).

The calibre and division of his next job is a bit of a lottery. Depends how proud he is and how the stars align. To expand on this I mean I could easily see him getting a championship gig at a team like Wigan or Luton, but could also see him at a Exeter or MK Dons or if he wasn't fussed about League 2 maybe at a promotion contender like Swindon. He may even be happy to join a prem club as a first team coach. 

Whichever way he goes his stock will be the highest its ever been. 

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

To be fair I don't think LR's reputation has particularly been damaged over him not getting the Derby job permanently. By all accounts he had the Blackpool job and then turned it down for us (or at least thats my understanding).

The calibre and division of his next job is a bit of a lottery. Depends how proud he is and how the stars align. To expand on this I mean I could easily see him getting a championship gig at a team like Wigan or Luton, but could also see him at a Exeter or MK Dons or if he wasn't fussed about League 2 maybe at a promotion contender like Swindon. He may even be happy to join a prem club as a first team coach. 

Whichever way he goes his stock will be the highest its ever been. 

The most important thing is sussing out the "winning" oportunity - so many jobs that come up in football are in bad circumstances where things were bad so the previous coach got sacked because it's easier to do that than sack the team.

9 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Plange worked his socks off and if he’d been alongside a n other who pressed high as he did we’d have scored more goals.

But yes he was still finding his feet at championship level when he had the ball. I can’t understand anyone rating him ahead of Malcolm E

(PS Lineker missed the easiest header in history )

I'll give him he worked hard up to the middle of January.  Once he got a move in January he lost interest .  1 in his 18 games after the move was an awful output. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/09/2022 at 12:45, StarterForTen said:

He has Hull history.

On 30/09/2022 at 21:54, europia said:

Yep, best for anyone with their head screwed on to give Hull a wide berth with their current set up. 

Has held "extensive talks" according to the EFL shoe

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Shouldn't this be in the ex rams section....

Partly because I'm not really that bothered where Liam has gone,he's gone.

It can be moved but the thread was in this part of the forum so I just updated the news. 

I'm sure the mods will be right on the case of preserving forum integrity....ahem... 

?