Liam Rosenior

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yes. Ebiowei and Ebosele are both rubbish and will never make it too, right? Except both have already played top division football this season, one playing against Arsenal and the other AC Milan.

Plange is better than them. Ebosele has pace power but needs to learn the game and Malcolm E is at Palace BTW but  is a one trick pony bit like Ince all left foot. 

Edited by Magicman

9 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Plange is better than them. Ebosele has pace power but needs to learn the game and Malcolm E is at Palace BTW but  is a one trick pony bit like Ince all left foot. 

Both will achieve a lot more than Plange. Ebiowei may rely on his kept foot a lot, but how many players actually use both feet on a regular basis? He definitely is not a one trick pony. Ince, would look to cut inside every time to get a shot at goal, whereas Ebiowei will glide past a player on the inside, outside or seemingly straight through a player. One of the best dribblers ever in the Championship, perhaps only behind Tarrabt. Needed an extra year or two to develop his end product, but the talent is obvious to most people. A long list of clubs were after him in the summer for a reason, most notably Man Utd.

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I often wonder what Wayne Rooney could have assembled if we just had a normal amount of money to spend on transfer fees to build a side 

Assembling (and motivation) was what Rooney was good at. But he had some gaps in other areas which led to him underachieving with those players he had deftly assembled 

49 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Malcolm E is at Palace BTW but  is a one trick pony bit like Ince all left foot

From what we saw of him here ME seemed to have a good all round game and loads of potential . Festy was the more limited player (albeit a force of nature when he got the wind in his sails) 

47 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Plange was arse gravy for most of his last 5 months here.  His goal output was shocking for games played and he missed possibly the easiest header in history in a massive away game at QPR.  The other two have more potential in buckets, albeit there on the summer s*** list of crappy exits with a few others.  

10 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Who is doing this ? 

A couple of posters declared he had no future in management and should stick to TV. Our friend Tyler was also suggesting that his reputation was lower than when he interviewed for the Blackpool job. I was disagreeing with both of those sets of comments. CBA to find the quotes as I have a hangover...

10 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Other players who were "all left foot" :

Diego Maradona 

Ferenc Puskas

Lionel Messi 

Good point though.... 

Yes and small too ! Sadly even you can't put Malcolm in their class although he might be a good bench warmer this season, rather than developing his game here. But like a lot of young players these days his ego is too inflated. 

6 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Sharing his thoughts solely on Rosenior’s departure from the club, Carlton Palmer told Football League World: “I find it really strange. 

“He’s done all the dirty work all during the summer when the club’s been in turmoil. He’s toiled away, got players in and, you know, nine games, 14 points. If they win the game in hand, they’re in a playoff position. I just don’t get it. 

“I’ve spoken to a few Derby fans who say the style of play is not pleasing on the eye and what have you but it’s a result-based industry and he was getting results. 

“And, if you look at it now if, he wins the game in hand they’re in a playoff position. I mean, what else more could he have been doing?

SCORE a goal and win away from home against opposition who on paper are weaker than us, LR played a different formation against WW, It wasn't until he changed personnel that we won 2-1.

The man who pays the Piper got to call the tune, We'll see soon enough if the tune meets the audiences approval.  

I know it’s been said already, but I think the reason DC wanted a change is not league position, but the direction of travel in terms of football style, tactics etc is not how he (as a fan in the stands) wanted it.

This is why he only went interim initially as he had reservations that we would see continuation of Rooney method, which he did not personally like that much.

If the ticka tacka had got us top two and tearing it up, he would have surely got the job, but suspect like many on here, can’t see things changing much and potentially get worse as other teams work out the formula.

I do have an awful lot of sympathy for LR. As he has already said, squad of 5 players coming out of admin, trying to recruit, managed to bring in 14(?). So almost totally new squad, new club, new manager, new tactics, new division. How the hell anyone can expect the team to be firing with all cylinders under those circumstances is beyond me. LR has spoken very well of the club and his time here. I wish him the very best for his future.

I will also now support ?  as he is our new head coach.

15 hours ago, Magicman said:

Joking Big Brother GIF by Big Brother Australia

17 hours ago, Magicman said:

Rather played Bart C up front he has more skill & moves better with the ball.

You say that, but I'm pretty sure if he was actually playing for the first team you'd be first in line to write him off due to his (currently) quite poor finishing, which is something Stretton definitely has over him.

A good example at 3:45 https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/09/u21-highlights-derby-county-1-1-queens-park-rangers - if he was in the team against Cambridge and failed to put away a chance like that you'd be all over him.

Edited by Kokosnuss

5 hours ago, Magicman said:

Yes and small too ! Sadly even you can't put Malcolm in their class although he might be a good bench warmer this season, rather than developing his game here. But like a lot of young players these days his ego is too inflated. 

I suggest you watch South of the River, which is currently on Netflix and was filmed before he joined us if you want to know about his inflated ego... on there you see him as a 16 year-old who was just released from Arsenal for his reaction to a training ground altercation, he seems to take this news in his stride and eventually signs for Rangers, which he is over the moon about because it gives him another chance to make it as a professional player. Also in the series (it's only 3 episodes) you see him playing against other players in his school who were all at academies too and he is easily the best player there (taking the ball past people with ease) and playing with a smile on his face.

The guy has no ego. Definitely compared to some other players or highly paid sportspeople. His swagger is due to the fact that he has to prove himself on a daily basis to make it even as far as he has.

46 minutes ago, roboto said:

I suggest you watch South of the River, which is currently on Netflix and was filmed before he joined us if you want to know about his inflated ego... on there you see him as a 16 year-old who was just released from Arsenal for his reaction to a training ground altercation, he seems to take this news in his stride and eventually signs for Rangers, which he is over the moon about because it gives him another chance to make it as a professional player. Also in the series (it's only 3 episodes) you see him playing against other players in his school who were all at academies too and he is easily the best player there (taking the ball past people with ease) and playing with a smile on his face.

The guy has no ego. Definitely compared to some other players or highly paid sportspeople. His swagger is due to the fact that he has to prove himself on a daily basis to make it even as far as he has.

Been around lots of clubs and still 19 like to hope he proves me wrong !