Liam Rosenior

8 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

Love how Rosenior gets hammered for the lack of away goals.  How many chances did the team he put together create?  Really not his fault that Collins, Knight, Barkhuizen and the rest all missed chances they should've put away.  Think really fine margins have costs Derby points away from home and ultimately Rosenior the managers job.  

Exactly. Identical performances at Charlton and Fleetwood could easily have produced wins. But likewise, identical performances vs Oxford, Peteborough and Wycombe could have been just draws.

Slighty different fine margins could have had us nearly top, or much lower in table.

Much too soon to judge where we were at, but he was interim manager.

5 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Exactly. Identical performances at Charlton and Fleetwood could easily have produced wins. But likewise, identical performances vs Oxford, Peteborough and Wycombe could have been just draws.

Slighty different fine margins could have had us nearly top, or much lower in table.

Much too soon to judge where we were at, but he was interim manager.

In the summer, Lr had to build team fast in order for Derby to meet at least the minimum requirement for a team to be allowed to play.

With no transfer budget, he brought in a lot of free agents.

The free agents, we're not wanted by their clubs.

Last season Collins couldn't hit a barn door, hasn't changed that much, this season.

I wonder how lr would have done, if he had been allowed to pay money for players.

3 hours ago, Magicman said:

The next window will be as important . We need another striker still and some more goals & energy in midfield. Some of the squad are getting fitter and like to see Rooney & Smith starting more. 

I’m hoping we can get Jack Stretton back from his loan in January.  I think he’d be ideal to fill the gap we have up front.  Do you agree? 

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I agree with those bullet points, LR did amazingly well to assemble the team he has done under the circumstances and I don't think that PW or anyone else would have been able to do much better. In fact, LR has got players in who want to play for the club and it's not just about money, something that hasn't been the case in recent years. Listening to PW, it seems that these are the kind of players, character wise, that he'd like to work with.

I think that LR's downfall, has been the tactics used. We've had Cocu, Cocu 2 (Rooney), followed by Cocu 3 (LR) and I think that DC would like to see a change. I was hoping that LR as manager would have a different style of play, but 9 games has been long enough to know that our tactics wouldn't be changing any time soon.

I'm sick to death of seeing my blood pressure rise, watching our defence messing around at the back and handing numerous chances to the opposition. Then we get free kicks or throw ins inside the opposition half, only to pass the ball across the back line and keeper. If this is people's idea of attractive football, then I'm watching the wrong sport for entertainment. Btw, they're not just LR's tactics, you're seeing the same thing at all levels of football. These tactics must have been dreamt up by some coaching guru at the top of the game. Supposedly, top football is very statistics driven, I see very few goals created from messing about at the back, but I see plenty conceded that way and that's excluding numerous good chances missed.

5 hours ago, Oldben said:

In the summer, Lr had to build team fast in order for Derby to meet at least the minimum requirement for a team to be allowed to play.

With no transfer budget, he brought in a lot of free agents.

The free agents, we're not wanted by their clubs.

Last season Collins couldn't hit a barn door, hasn't changed that much, this season.

I wonder how lr would have done, if he had been allowed to pay money for players.

I often wonder what Wayne Rooney could have assembled if we just had a normal amount of money to spend on transfer fees to build a side 

16 minutes ago, Magicman said:

I reckon he started 2 on rechecking plus a couple of subs parts. Still don't think he is ready to return. 

Yes, my mistake, he's started 2 league games and 2 EFL trophy games, but whatever he has started the last 3 games so must be beginning to find his feet and Simmo is obviously seeing something in him

3 hours ago, LazloW said:

I’m hoping we can get Jack Stretton back from his loan in January.  I think he’d be ideal to fill the gap we have up front.  Do you agree? 

I know you said it in jest, but I honestly feel he would add soemthing to the squad. Collins and McGoldrick as first choice CF, with any two from Stretton, Dobbin, Osula, Sibley coming on. All having different qualities and causing different problems for the opposition to deal with. In this team with the style Warne will implement, Stretton would score a decent number of goals in half a season.

However, I also feel it will do him a lot of good to get a consistent run of games at Carlisle, which he won't get here. Then with a solid pre-season, he should be proving to Warne he deserves a place in the squad for 23/24.

You'll have also noticed, the four players I listed as options off the bench are all very young. Expect to see a more experienced player come in, with one of Dobbin and Osula returning home. Potentially someone like Waghorn, Hugill or Sharp who aren't getting much game time this season.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

I know you said it in jest, but I honestly feel he would add soemthing to the squad. Collins and McGoldrick as first choice CF, with any two from Stretton, Dobbin, Osula, Sibley coming on. All having different qualities and causing different problems for the opposition to deal with. In this team with the style Warne will implement, Stretton would score a decent number of goals in half a season.

However, I also feel it will do him a lot of good to get a consistent run of games at Carlisle, which he won't get here. Then with a solid pre-season, he should be proving to Warne he deserves a place in the squad for 23/24.

You'll have also noticed, the four players I listed as options off the bench are all very young. Expect to see a more experienced player come in, with one of Dobbin and Osula returning home. Potentially someone like Waghorn, Hugill or Sharp who aren't getting much game time this season.

Rather played Bart C up front he has more skill & moves better with the ball.