Liam Rosenior

9 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

its also easy to sit there and call for the managers head , ive not seen one name put forward of a manager who is going to get this squad to smash most teams in this league in your words

Not answered my question, what's the bigger picture that Clowes is thinking of. Think you'll find i've never said I want him sacked. You must have missed my earlier post saying I never call for a managers head.

Imo he's not doing a good enough job.

58 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

We are only 2 pts away from a play-off place. Liam should get at least till Xmas to get us in the top 6. We have always said that Bird, Knight , Cashin and Sibley are worth 5,6,7 £Million each .Perhaps they are not.  I saw some good players in the Lincoln team last night and they worked a lot harder.

This bit is something that we should be able to expect from every player in our team, every game. 

I don't see our players consistently giving everything. 

Not at all surprised to see folk irate about last night's display but confused why this automatically translates into a definitive judgement on Rosenior. We are 8 games into the season & this is the first truly poor display - even then, we were largely undone by a joke early penalty & a referee who bent over backwards to accommodate Lincoln's agricultural defending.

There are also plenty of gripes about the style of play. From what I saw last night we were either a) passing slowly across the backline/in front of their back 7 or b) launching the ball high or wide. The players need to be braver in possession, the tempo needs to be much higher, the quality needs to improve - far too many misplaced passes & heavy touches. I believe that's exactly what Rosenior will be telling them & he will have them practising it until they get it right. I can't believe people didn't expect nights like last night - did those wanting change expect us to just turn up & steamroller everyone in this division?!

Don't get me wrong, I didn't travel 150 miles on a Tuesday night expecting to see that but think some perspective needed. From a results POV, Rosenior is exactly the same as Arthur Cox was at this stage in 84/85 - played 8, 11 points. Fair to say no-one here would think Cox should have been sacked at that point & similarly, Rosenior is nowhere near that point either.

8 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

You say some pie in the sky stuff but this is just nonsense. 

Technically, your correct on this one point about bielsa. I don't expect we would ever get him.

My points been missed though, an experienced manager, even a much older and experienced manager and even if that manager was currently out of work, in my opinion, would be of greater value to this clubs performances, than rosenoir would.

Rosenoir is out of his depth.

9 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

There was one cracking free kick last night that the defender did very well to head away from goal from just about under the crossbar. 

The direct shot from Hourihane was very disappointing. 

Yes that 1 was very good but 1 out of the all the games we have played so far this season isn't very good especially when not too long ago when shay given was doing them felt like we were going to score every time 

9 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Clowes is a fan , who maybe can see the bigger picture , i cant imagine hes wetting the bed after 8 games , as for Liam , for the tools that hes got , the fact that hes got his hands tied with the players he can bring in and the fact he had a short time to get a squad together and a shortened pre season im prepared to give him a lot longer than 8 games

And yes i will keep counting my blessings and  attending matches both home and away to support my team , this season was never going to be easy but the self entitlement of some fans is truly laughable

As will I , I never boo at games , I never give players abuse , I support the team on the field , I’m counting my blessings clowes saved us,

does not mean I can’t or don’t have an opinion on football anymore ,, I honestly don’t believe rosenior is the right man for the job and am allowed to express that view on a derby forum

We're a club who's reputation has been absolutely trashed across the football world over the last few seasons. "How it looks" shouldn't matter, but for a club in our position I'm afraid it does. David Clowes has said that his objective is to restore this club's reputation - he's also said "stick with us" - have some of you forgotten already? 

It appears to me that some have leapt aboard the "promotion or bust" bandwagon once again purely because we've signed players like Hourihane and co, without recognising that all of them are adjusting to a level of football they've either never played in before or which they haven't played in since they were teenagers, a long time ago in many cases. Judged by the same metrics, three of the greatest managers in our history would have been sacked before they had the chance to see their methods take root, and I'm not even thinking about Jim Smith. 

TBH I can't believe some of what I'm hearing and seeing, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. 

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

TBH I can't believe some of what I'm hearing and seeing, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. 

No you shouldn't be surprised Crewton, We're all football fans who want to see better than we have this last 3 years, I really don't know whether LR is the answer, It's not a case for change for changes sake, Look at Huddersfield 9 games in and they sack their manager, Playoff final to 2nd bottom in the space of a few months, Stoke even less games, I think our expectations are what you have posted, The players we've signed come with a deal of pedigree, Most on here said that League 1 is a physical division, What I've seen from 4 our home league games is a mix and match of performances, Good in patches, Ordinary in some and poor in others.

I really believe our match against Wycombe could be a watershed for obvious reasons, Their owner(if he fly's over)will be greeted with hostility, Their players booed as they come out, Our players will/should be aware of what went on before they signed, LR I'd hope would see this as another game and not use that stick to beat them with as that would be an added pressure.

For LR to use language like "he's learning about his players" and being critical of the official on Tuesday shows he's an angry person, That anger has to be channelled in the right way.

I'm expecting a win on Saturday...here's hoping ?

COYRs 

To break it down simply, we're the only team in the EFL not to score an away goal and to be fair other than Charlton we've played some right pony. It's not about expecting us to steam roller teams because we're Derby County its expecting to beat  the very poor teams in this division because our squad on paper is far superior. 

I'd argue that we got lucky against Peterborough and had to rely on Cashin turning in to Maldini to hang on against Barnsley. I'm really struggling to see any positives. Yes its only 8 matches in but if we were sat on 11 points after convincing wins against Shrewsbury and Lincoln after giving them a good hiding i'd see the light. 

Lets see what Saturday brings. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

We're a club who's reputation has been absolutely trashed across the football world over the last few seasons. "How it looks" shouldn't matter, but for a club in our position I'm afraid it does. David Clowes has said that his objective is to restore this club's reputation - he's also said "stick with us" - have some of you forgotten already? 

It appears to me that some have leapt aboard the "promotion or bust" bandwagon once again purely because we've signed players like Hourihane and co, without recognising that all of them are adjusting to a level of football they've either never played in before or which they haven't played in since they were teenagers, a long time ago in many cases. Judged by the same metrics, three of the greatest managers in our history would have been sacked before they had the chance to see their methods take root, and I'm not even thinking about Jim Smith. 

I always thought promotion (top 6) would be a long shot this year.  There are many better teams than us who know how to get results in this division . The current top 5 were expected to in the mix and have started as such.

What I do expect is appropriate team selection, players played in their best positions, some sort of tactical nous and 100% commitment and effort   ........ and a few goals and away wins would be nice too.

We only have an interim manager until we find the right person to take on the job.

Edited by StrawHillRam

The first half at Charlton is the most dominant performance I can remember watching in many years.

Clearly, not from a goals perspective and you have to consider the standard of opposition.......but Charlton didn't have the opportunity to string any passes together until about the 45th minute.

The reason? In my opinion, we won every second ball, closed down and most importantly, shifted the ball quickly and largely in a forward direction. Basically, we were horrible to play against because someone, somewhere won the ball back in seconds .....and played it positively before they could get their defence back in shape. We bullied them - then played decent football.

Since then we've dropped off the pace, aren't winning second balls and, when we do get it, Wildsmith is the often destination in one or two passes.........we allow their back 8 to organise and their front two to wait for mistakes whilst we faff around at the back.

I like LR and want him to succeed but he's going to have to prioritise positivity over possession - otherwise I think he's toast.