Scott Loach - Signed another 1 year deal

Rambalin

I can't see him being on four figures a week, seems like a reasonable enough chance that he'd be 3rd choice. He could be our version of what Scott Carson is to Man City. An experienced, good figure to have around the training ground, and someone who will stand in goal and let our players shoot at him.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

I can't see him being on four figures a week, seems like a reasonable enough chance that he'd be 3rd choice. He could be our version of what Scott Carson is to Man City. An experienced, good figure to have around the training ground, and someone who will stand in goal and let our players shoot at him.

I’d let them shoot at me for a few hundred quid a week.

18 minutes ago, Carnero said:

A cheap No.3 goalkeeper with 500 career appearances under his belt. Solid and sensible squad signing, if unspectacular.

Foulkes will be loaned out and a No.1 option will be bought in to compete with Wildsmith.

No need to moan is there.

I look at him like this, I bought some cheese and let it mature, I opened it a good while later...and it stunk.

I'll get me coat

20 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Maybe doing some coaching duties alongside the playing role

Chesterfield fans on their forum have suggested he might have coaching aspirations. 

Having watched Chesterfield numerous times last season, he seems a solid, capable keeper imo. As experienced and reliable backup to call on if needed, signing him would appear to make sense. It certainly isn't another Chris Weale scenario

43 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Give the man a chance he not even played yet he could prove a damn good keeper and we will need to some steel in keeper earlier area.

Some of the chesterfield fans on the clubs Facebook fans are genuinely sad to see him go, only been there a season and he played most of it, 11 clean sheets I think ?

7 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Some of the chesterfield fans on the clubs Facebook fans are genuinely sad to see him go, only been there a season and he played most of it, 11 clean sheets I think ?

I'm not sure why they have let him go, there can't have been many better keepers in the national league last season unless they are just looking for someone younger. Paul Cook seems intent on completely clearing out their entire squad, I reckon they need to make a decent start or he will be cleared out himself. 

Well, this one was out of the blue! Proper left field signing. He’s had a bizarre career trajectory - I remember him being really highly rated at Watford a long while back (during my peak football manager years, circa 2012), but then seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth as he’s got older. Hadn’t heard his name in years.

Weird, it’s been a long time since he’s played at any sort of a decent level. But I guess if you can somehow find the player he used to be in there, then you could potentially have a really good goalkeeper for League One in there, with a lot of experience to impart to younger players. Or he could just be finished and be Chris Weale mk2. Could go either way this one. Just hope it isn’t a panic signing after Rushworth ducked us over.

Either way up, welcome to the club Scott!