Scott Loach - Signed another 1 year deal

Rambalin

3 hours ago, chezzyram said:

I'm not sure why they have let him go, there can't have been many better keepers in the national league last season unless they are just looking for someone younger. Paul Cook seems intent on completely clearing out their entire squad, I reckon they need to make a decent start or he will be cleared out himself. 

Maybe he was on a rolling contract and Derby came calling?  I do keep an eye on Chez and hope they get promoted this time.  If that striker who was on fire before getting injured can continue then I think they have a chance.  I’d have liked him here when he was scoring for fun last season.

I’ve played at this level for a long time and I’ve been around the block a bit now. I think the role (as third choice) with goalkeepers is coming in a lot now where there is an experienced one and if I can pass on any advice and help the young goalkeepers here then that’s fine.

So all but confirmed another keeper is on the way? 

6 hours ago, Retro_RAM said:

I’ve played at this level for a long time and I’ve been around the block a bit now. I think the role (as third choice) with goalkeepers is coming in a lot now where there is an experienced one and if I can pass on any advice and help the young goalkeepers here then that’s fine.

So all but confirmed another keeper is on the way? 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/update-provided-as-derby-county-plan-to-continue-transfer-spree/

11 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Jamaal Blackman 

Smithies 

Westwood 

Matej Kovar- Man U loan 

iverson - Leicester loan 

Okonkwo- arsenal loan 

Hein- arsenal loan 

Trott- West Ham loan 

griffiths- West Brom loan 

Iversen would be great.

Nice to have a big keeper in League One.

47 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Jamaal Blackman 

Smithies 

Westwood 

Matej Kovar- Man U loan 

iverson - Leicester loan 

Okonkwo- arsenal loan 

Hein- arsenal loan 

Trott- West Ham loan 

Blackman - Possibly
Smithies - Same agent as Byrne
Westwood - Injury prone and past it.
Kovar - Possibly
Iverson - Will be looking at another Championship loan
Okonkwo - Not good enough
Hein - Possibly
Trott - Not good enough
Griffiths - Can't catch

Nathan Bishop from Man Utd. A year older than Rushworth but statistically very similar last season.

1 hour ago, simmoram1995 said:

Jamaal Blackman 

Smithies 

Westwood 

Matej Kovar- Man U loan 

iverson - Leicester loan 

Okonkwo- arsenal loan 

Hein- arsenal loan 

Trott- West Ham loan 

Iverson - excellent at PNE - if by some miracle we could get him I would be very happy and happy with him in the championship and happy with him in the premiership, he is that good - nice to be dreaming of players as good as him

My near-baseless speculation is we'll try and loan a young keeper to start as 1st choice

Basing that purely on us wanting a strong enough (at this level) keeper in JW to compete for the place and step in if they struggle and wanting a very experienced keeper in the building for them to learn from (who's also good enough to temporarily step up to 2nd choice if they get recalled suddenly on Jan 1st)

1 hour ago, simmoram1995 said:

Jamaal Blackman 

Smithies 

Westwood 

Matej Kovar- Man U loan 

iverson - Leicester loan 

Okonkwo- arsenal loan 

Hein- arsenal loan 

Trott- West Ham loan 

Throw one more in would be a big move if we could get him on loan.... Danny Ward from Leicester. 

20 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Iverson has just won player of the year at Preston, I can't see any reason why he would want to drop down a league regardless of club size.

Obviously he would like to spend a year learning from his goalkeeping hero growing up, Scott Loach... durrrrr ? 

Lana Del Rey Yes GIF

Weird pointless fact: SL has only played 11 games in League 1 & about 40 in League 2, despite playing nearly 200 games in the Championship, about 200 in non-league 

Conclusion: I've got too much time on my hands 

Edited by whiteroseram
can't spell

• 11 months later...
13 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

Surprised by this.  Do we need three keepers?

Yes we do, most clubs have 3, they're usually the u23 GK or an older header like Loach...like Carson at City

Last season showed that teams do too, we got Anang in but he got injured straight away.

Edited by DCFC1388

13 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Yes we do, most clubs have 3, they're usually the u23 GK or an older header like Loach...like Carson at City

Last season showed that teams do too, we got Anang in but he got injured straight away.

Carson is only at City to hit their homegrown player quota. They also can't get emergency loans like lower league teams.