Tom Lawrence - Joined Rangers

Bubbles

No wonder Sheffield United are interested…he destroyed them earlier in the season (watch the below from 1min 20 on to re-live it!). 

I was fairly critical of Tom before last season but I think he really stepped up for the most part. I’d be gutted to see him playing for someone else. 

Edited by Mckram

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Why do fans dislike players who score 10-15 goals a season but like players who score 2-3? 

I don’t think he would stay but I’d be over the moon if he does. Why - because it’s a guaranteed 10-15 goals. Something we don’t have yet.

I cant understand it either. He's done a few daft things but he's a cracking player capable to truly special moments. Best season he's had for us last season and people still slate him and want him gone. Mad. 

Just now, w8sey said:

I cant understand it either. He's done a few daft things but he's a cracking player capable to truly special moments. Best season he's had for us last season and people still slate him and want him gone. Mad. 

Out of the joiners lot, he's the one that got his head down. He works hard and scores goals.

I strongly suspect he’s only training with us to get himself fit for a new club. No way will he want to stay in League One, even if some fans will want to cling onto the slim hope that he could stay. 

Be surprised if he takes up Sheffield Uniteds offer though. He’ll hold out for a more interesting move.

26 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I strongly suspect he’s only training with us to get himself fit for a new club. No way will he want to stay in League One, even if some fans will want to cling onto the slim hope that he could stay. 

Be surprised if he takes up Sheffield Uniteds offer though. He’ll hold out for a more interesting move.

such as what

9 hours ago, rammieib said:

Why do fans dislike players who score 10-15 goals a season but like players who score 2-3? 

I don’t think he would stay but I’d be over the moon if he does. Why - because it’s a guaranteed 10-15 goals. Something we don’t have yet.

Think you mean between 3-11 goals a season if you're talking about Tom Lawrence. 

For his own sake Tom needs to move on. We can’t afford his wages in league 1 and our fans will always associate his name with Joiner gate.

I always think that he would be a better player if he could remember that there is no i in team.

Thanks Tom, but no thanks.

Edited by chadlad

I know that most of us aware of this, but can I just remind people that we are operating under a business plan with restrictions on wages. These restrictions are designed to ensure affordability.

Therefore if (and its a big if) Tom re-signs with us it will be on wages that are affordable for us. Plus, most likely, less than he may achieve elsewhere.

That would pretty much be the antithesis of what Buchanan has done in terms of loyalty and I’d be delighted if it did come true.

23 minutes ago, chadlad said:

For his own sake Tom needs to move on. We can’t afford his wages in league 1 and our fans will always associate his name with Joiner gate.

I always think that he would be a better player if he could remember that there is no i in team.

Thanks Tom, but no thanks.

There's no f in team either ........

Folks shouldn’t be saying we can’t afford him, we can if he accepts our offer and yes he is extremely likely to get more money elsewhere but maybe he wants to help get Derby back to the championship, maybe he doesn’t want to travel every day or move away. Until he signs anywhere we don’t know. Others decided they don’t want to be here and that’s fine so let’s not discount the ones who might want to stay.

11 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Tom clearly enjoys it here and he’s played some good football here. Without him and his leadership last year we’d have been relegated by January. His goals are critical in our team and he is our talisman weather you like it or not. I don’t understand the hatred towards him 

What's the news on the ITK hotline Big Trav?????

22 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Tom clearly enjoys it here and he’s played some good football here. Without him and his leadership last year we’d have been relegated by January. His goals are critical in our team and he is our talisman weather you like it or not. I don’t understand the hatred towards him 

I just think the whole pub thing with Keogh gets in people's craw a bit with Lawrence. The way he mostly got away with it, it took a lot of focus of the field and wasted a lot of time and money. Okay he had sad reasons but it still happened. Was he Derby's worst player? No, did he play a lot of games and shine in some? Yes. Did he ever live up to his transfer fee or be the player he could have been? I'm not sure. But maybe for on feild and off field reasons other teams haven't come in for him until he was free. I'm sorry but I won't miss him.

Edited by Tricky1884
Missing word

9 hours ago, ben_dcfc said:

Think you mean between 3-11 goals a season if you're talking about Tom Lawrence. 

10 in 35. Our next best was 5 with ravel.

My point is Knight (3 in 35), Sibley (1 in 23), Bird (2 in 40), Thompson (0 in 18), CKR (4 in 25), Plange (3 in 21), Shinnie (1 in 23). Wher eis the criticism of these players?

I think English fans love to attack the players who are a bit more out there but we give a free ride to bang average players. Without Lawrence last season we would have been relegated 1-2 months earlier.

He was our best offensive player hands down. Lets try keeping the best players and letting the mediocre players go.