Haydon Roberts - signed for Bristol City

Nuwtfly

2 hours ago, Donnyram said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Liam tried to get him at Hull - he knew him from his Brighton days and was a big reason why he came to Derby on loan.  That said, he clearly enjoyed his time at Derby and seemed settled so fingers crossed he makes the right choice!

Good point with Hull, could miss out on Roberts and Bradley to Hull

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It’s strange that lots of folk say the signing Roberts would be great, we finished 7th with him playing most weeks yet the majority are happy to flog off Sibley Knight and Bird, is that because some folk are bored of hearing their names mentioned?

In the most part you're adding 2+2 and making 5. 

Those that accept the likes of Knight and Bird might go do so because their level, in theory, is higher than this and they have value for sale. They may also not want to be here themselves, probably moreso in the case of Knight who wants to remain in the international picture. 

Wanting a player who wouldn't have that on a free transfer isn't the same as actively wanting those we have to leave.

21 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It’s strange that lots of folk say the signing Roberts would be great, we finished 7th with him playing most weeks yet the majority are happy to flog off Sibley Knight and Bird, is that because some folk are bored of hearing their names mentioned?

I think it is fair to say over the course of the season Roberts improved and in my opinion would be a good pick up on a free. 

Everybody raves about how good Knight, Sibley and Bird are and that we would struggle to keep them, they should have stood out last season in league one, yet all had mediocre seasons. I would get rid of any of them for the right money and allow Warne to go get the players he wants to build a promotion winning side.

20 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The posts of some people on this board don’t automatically equate to “the majority”. I for one would like to sign Roberts on a free and retain Sibley, Knight and Bird if feasible. I also accept that players will inevitably move on and if one, two or all of those 3 do leave we’ll have new players to support in their stead.
Roberts as a player has attributes we need in the squad, can cover a couple of positions, is young and has potential, signing him on a free would represent sensible business. I also think as it looks to be another summer of high numbers joining the squad, signing Roberts negates some of the settling in period other recruits may need as he’s just spent a year here.

He’s either a reasonable intelligent guy and he’s posted that photo as a teaser for him signing. 

Or he’s give the monkey bashing two symbols together a break and just randomly put it on. 

Hoping it’s the first option as that would be a good start to the window. I’d be surprised as well, thought he’d be heading to the championship.

Can't for the life of me think why he would post this if it wasn't a teaser for his return.  

Very happy to see him back but hoping it will be part of a back 3 rather than first choice wing-back as would like to see someone with a bit more end-product going forward come in as LWB.  It will be a key position for us next season.

49 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Can't for the life of me think why he would post this if it wasn't a teaser for his return.  

Very happy to see him back but hoping it will be part of a back 3 rather than first choice wing-back as would like to see someone with a bit more end-product going forward come in as LWB.  It will be a key position for us next season.

Don't think Warne would pair him with Cashin in a back 3 unless.........