Haydon Roberts - signed for Bristol City

Nuwtfly

On 12/07/2022 at 10:41, BobdeBilder said:

I went on one of those once, not a bad machine but prefered the V twin to the square 4 sabbatical, easier gear change and smoother clutch.

Was it Black or White.......never liked the Red one , Dog rough !!

I’d be amazed if he isn’t announced soon. Sure there will be other clubs that fancy him but unless it’s one of the big clubs in the championship chasing promotion I think he will come here. I’m not sure why one of those would think he would improve them. I would think there is already an agreement in place

10 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I’d be amazed if he isn’t announced soon. Sure there will be other clubs that fancy him but unless it’s one of the big clubs in the championship chasing promotion I think he will come here. I’m not sure why one of those would think he would improve them. I would think there is already an agreement in place

Fingers crossed 🤞 

He would be on less money if he signed here apparently than he was on at Brighton but realistically he hasn’t got a job come July 

Basically would a championship club be interested ? Would Warne want to sign him ? 

he would be a decent investment in my opinion 

7 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

He's better than league one standard imo. He'll get a better contract in the championship.

Be amazing if he did sign though 🤞🤞

Other than championship clubs with parachute payments there are NO championship clubs with our level of revenue. He won’t get a better contract. As I said, the clubs with parachute payments either already have much better players than Hayden or can can aim higher than a free transfer. Don’t worry about Championship clubs. As I explained before, the issue of the gulf between Premiership and the championship in terms of revenue is not replicated between Championship and league 1. Even the parachute payment clubs are more often than not having to use those payments to support a wage bill that they had in the prem. they don’t have loads of money to throw around either.

25 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Other than championship clubs with parachute payments there are NO championship clubs with our level of revenue. He won’t get a better contract. As I said, the clubs with parachute payments either already have much better players than Hayden or can can aim higher than a free transfer. Don’t worry about Championship clubs. As I explained before, the issue of the gulf between Premiership and the championship in terms of revenue is not replicated between Championship and league 1. Even the parachute payment clubs are more often than not having to use those payments to support a wage bill that they had in the prem. they don’t have loads of money to throw around either.

Our L1 revenue will be about on par with Sunderland, and a few million behind Boro, Sheff Weds (if promoted) and Stoke (artificially high sponsorship)

36 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

League One clubs are all subject to a wage cap. Championship clubs are not. It's not as easy as you say, even without any further restrictions EFL may include this year, applying the Derby County rule.  

I would have Roberts back if we can, he got better after a shaky start. 

25 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

League One clubs are all subject to a wage cap. Championship clubs are not. It's not as easy as you say, even without any further restrictions EFL may include this year, applying the Derby County rule.  

I would have Roberts back if we can, he got better after a shaky start. 

Clubs are not subject to a wage cap in its pure sense that was withdrawn after the pfa challenged it. Clubs though are subject to salary cost management protocol which is... In League 1 clubs can spend a maximum of 60% of their turnover on wages...... Where we stand to that with EFL restrictions is not clear as yet. 

41 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Clubs are not subject to a wage cap in its pure sense that was withdrawn after the pfa challenged it. Clubs though are subject to salary cost management protocol which is... In League 1 clubs can spend a maximum of 60% of their turnover on wages...... Where we stand to that with EFL restrictions is not clear as yet. 

Yes, but it's still a wage cap even if (EFL restrictions permitting) it's a cap that only applies in total not to individuals. With Bielik and a few other high earners we will not be able to spend that much more next year.  

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

Yes, but it's still a wage cap even if (EFL restrictions permitting) it's a cap that only applies in total not to individuals. With Bielik and a few other high earners we will not be able to spend that much more next year.  

Assuming we don't offload Bielik. Who else would we anticipate to be a high earner? Most other players are young or signed under the business plan. 

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

And what of the wage savings we’ve made with Chester, Stearman and Davies all leaving the club? 
There is a reasonable chance we sign Roberts, and other players, we will be able to compete within our means and the agreed business plan, you’re making it sound as though we don’t have any money to use when all the noise from the club and the local press suggest we’ll be able to compete within reason. 

1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

60% of some revenue, 100% of other revenue, with owners being allowed to inject as much equity in as they want (included in the 100% bit).

Promoted clubs still have to comply with Championship P&S rules, so even though we're in L1, we'll essentially be following Championship regulations.

53 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Assuming we don't offload Bielik. Who else would we anticipate to be a high earner? Most other players are young or signed under the business plan. 

Knight, Sibley and Bird will be on good-ish money for League One. 

50 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

And what of the wage savings we’ve made with Chester, Stearman and Davies all leaving the club? 
There is a reasonable chance we sign Roberts, and other players, we will be able to compete within our means and the agreed business plan, you’re making it sound as though we don’t have any money to use when all the noise from the club and the local press suggest we’ll be able to compete within reason. 

We will need to replace all of them, and wont be able to do that any more cheaply than we were paying them. And pay Didzy more or even replace him. And what about Bird, Knight and co maybe we might need to replace them too. And get someone who can stick the ball in the net. Yes we can compete more hopefully next year but there is a long way to go. 

35 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

We will need to replace all of them, and wont be able to do that any more cheaply than we were paying them. And pay Didzy more or even replace him. And what about Bird, Knight and co maybe we might need to replace them too. And get someone who can stick the ball in the net. Yes we can compete more hopefully next year but there is a long way to go. 

I must be feeling more optimistic about our recruitment prospects than others I suppose. My reasons for feeling optimistic are partly due to Warne speaking positively about the proposed changes he wants to make to the squad, at no point did he sound dismissive or pessimistic about the financial ability to add to the squad. Also the local press has reported along the lines that a revised business plan has been agreed with the EFL which includes the possibility of spending sensible fees. 
It also came out at supporters group meetings earlier in the season that we were under the agreed levels of last season’s business plan and that the club was performing better than forecast financially. 
Using all of that information, paired with the facilities we offer, the likely prospect of a promotion push (success of which is to be determined), playing in front of a big crowd at a good stadium, and our apparent ability to offer competitive wages at this level I’ll remain optimistic about our recruitment prospects.
My prediction is we’ll miss out on some targets, will succeed with others  and come the start of the season will have a more balanced squad in terms of depth and age ready for a push towards promotion. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram