Haydon Roberts - signed for Bristol City

Nuwtfly

8 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

6,925 actually, but who’s counting.

Impressive attendances for the level in fairness, much more than your vastly overrated neighbours were getting when they were struggling in the Championship from memory.

Roberts was at AG yesterday so just came on to have a nose at opinions of him. We were meant to be re-signing Joe Bryan but he's signed a longer deal elsewhere, so this seems to be our alternative.

Of the two Twitter rumours ruffling feathers this morning the Roberts one is being picked up by slightly more “reputable” sources with the Bristol local press and this bloke from the Mirror repeating what Pete O’Rourke has said on Footy Insider. Another tweet says Hull have offered him a contract too. And there are local bush dwellers in the Ashton gate area claiming to have seen Roberts at the stadium through their binoculars.
Probably is going to the championship and it’s hard to blame him, however nothing is done just yet so I’ll still wait and see, maybe he really likes a Birds cream bun. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

His agent is there to get the best financial deal for the both of them, Roberts when choosing which club he should sign for would be for the longer term ie length of contract, How much £s, Area to live in, Social surroundings and all the other gumph that goes with moving to another club, Managers will tell them what they want to hear, Players will want to see where their next club stands for the future.

Roberts knows what DCFC is about, He's exercising his right to listen to other options if DCFC miss out...we move on to...a n other 👍 

50 minutes ago, JJH said:

6,000 more through the door, and even the most pessimistic Bristol City fan isn't expecting us to be anywhere near a relegation battle next year.

More money, higher level, no brainer.

I was only going off the bookies odds who have you in the bottom 6 for the upcoming season to be fair. Money will be fairly similar, I would imagine. Unless you're going to pay him £15-20k a week as I believe we are capped to £12k a week. 

37 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Would this be the one that’s not even open yet.

That's the one...just imagine the damage when it does finally open.

Losing McGoldrick and Roberts is a massive blow and, as you say, the window isn't even open yet.

Hopefully Warne was well aware of their intentions early on so he was able to plan accordingly.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

34 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Summer is going swimmingly then, McGoldrick off to Notts County and Roberts not signing.

Can't beat a good old fasioned Derby County transfer window 😆

It's frustrating, but at the same time we're in League One so any old scrubber who can cut out a living in the Championship can look like a serious player in this division. I'm pretty even the much maligned Scott Malone could look semi-competent at this level. When you consider McGoldrick looked like Messi and Forsyth looked like John Terry at times last season, so probably not worth fretting too much. 

17 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It's frustrating, but at the same time we're in League One so any old scrubber who can cut out a living in the Championship can look like a serious player in this division. I'm pretty even the much maligned Scott Malone could look semi-competent at this level. When you consider McGoldrick looked like Messi and Forsyth looked like John Terry at times last season, so probably not worth fretting too much. 

Yeah your right, don't have to spend millions to compete in league 1, Peterbrough prove year after year, get recruitment right and you won't be far off.

Just be a shame to lose Roberts. I felt he would be a great first signing.

McGoldrick as much as I will be disappointed, can't complain. Not like he is a Frank and jumping ship for the glitz and glammer. He is joining his boyhood club.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Yeah your right, don't have to spend millions to compete in league 1, Peterbrough prove year after year, get recruitment right and you won't be far off.

Just be a shame to lose Roberts. I felt he would be a great first signing.

McGoldrick as much as I will be disappointed, can't complain. Not like he is a Frank and jumping ship for the glitz and glammer. He is joining his boyhood club.

He didn't get many attacking returns as a wing back for you I noticed?

26 minutes ago, JJH said:

He didn't get many attacking returns as a wing back for you I noticed?

And this is why we shouldn't be too disappointed if we miss out.  We've no idea that Warne actually wants him. He might be confident of bringing in better for all we know.  After all we need to improve on the squad that finished 7th last season, not replicate it.

Edited by Blondest Goat

40 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

angry back off GIF Bristol

He's signing this week mate.

Was gonna say you lot ought to have signed Jay DaSilva as we released him but just seen Coventry have snapped him up.

Chill out folks - the lad did alright last season in the third division in a side that finished 7th - he scored two goals I think which was helpful but looked uncomfortable at left wing back - he has a lot to learn yet. He would have been useful to have back but this is what happens when you have loan players - there not ours and his basic wage was high at Brighton so Bristol city can afford to increase their £500,000 a week losses where as we are being fairly responsible