Haydon Roberts - signed for Bristol City

Nuwtfly

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Roberts could also be our LB cover. Stearman, Davies and Chester may be doing part-time coaching work for their badges. Extra cover makes a bit of sense tbh

I didn't think about the three doing part time coaching work to be fair. I know Stearman can also play RB at a push (although is much more natural at CB).

7 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

Unless we play with a back 3, do we need 5 centre backs?

I suspect it's Davies v Chester for RCB and Cashin v Roberts for LCB, with Stearman for squad depth and his added value off the pitch.

I don't see carrying 5 cbs an issue considering 3 of them are aged 33, 35 & 37 and the other two are barely 20, especially as one is a loanee.

9 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

I didn't think about the three doing part time coaching work to be fair. I know Stearman can also play RB at a push (although is much more natural at CB).

Has staarman played as a dmc in his career, im sure he has but happy to be corrected 

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

I suspect it's Davies v Chester for RCB and Cashin v Roberts for LCB, with Stearman for squad depth and his added value off the pitch.

I don't see carrying 5 cbs an issue considering 3 of them are aged 33, 35 & 37 and the other two are barely 20, especially as one is a loanee.

I think Roberts will play left back 

3 hours ago, Carnero said:

Don’t rule out Davies and Chester playing together they played as a pair at Hull

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Still seems a bit of a waste of a signing to me, but that’s not his fault. Welcome to the club Haydon! Hopefully you prove your worth

Some people said the same about Tomori when we had Davies, Keogh and Wisdom who were capable at CB.

I don’t expect him to be as impactful as that, but a solid young CB could come in useful over the course of a long season and his versatility to play full back if required could come in handy.

43 minutes ago, Carnero said:

He seemed to be playing left side of a back 3 to me.

Wildsmith

Rooney, Stearman, Roberts

Richards, Robinson, McDonald, Agathise, Glover

Stretton, Cybulski 

Robinson was RB, Rosenior mentioned about him amd Richards down the right side. Was a 4231 with Stretton off Cybulski

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Robinson was RB, Rosenior mentioned about him amd Richards down the right side. Was a 4231 with Stretton off Cybulski

Fair enough, didn't seem that way to me watching on rams tv... though I couldn't really see our right side too well 2nd half because of the contrast between the bright sun and the shadow of the stand!