New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

11 hours ago, Oldben said:

Knights best position is in midfield

I think knights a better attacking midfielder as well, and that means not having him in that position  means we miss goal assist opportunities.

I think that Conor Hourihane is a good player, he's tactically astute but I'm wondering if he lacks speed. Is he becoming a better defensive midfielder than attacking midfielder.

I'm concerned about Collins as mentioned before, 3 goals in 23 matches last season.

I think we still lack a real goal threat.

I'd wanted a May or a Stockton, a player capable of scoring more than 20 goals in as season in league one.

Collins did that 3 years ago, he's older now.

Only time will tell.

4 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I think knights a better attacking midfielder as well, and that means not having him in that position  means we miss goal assist opportunities.

I think that Conor Hourihane is a good player, he's tactically astute but I'm wondering if he lacks speed. Is he becoming a better defensive midfielder than attacking midfielder.

I'm concerned about Collins as mentioned before, 3 goals in 23 matches last season.

I think we still lack a real goal threat.

I'd wanted a May or a Stockton, a player capable of scoring more than 20 goals in as season in league one.

Collins did that 3 years ago, he's older now.

Only time will tell.

Interestingly- according to the stats in his loan at Swindon and his loan with us before he moved permanently- Chris Martin scored 3 in 25.

15 hours ago, Ambitious said:

On Todd Kane, it’s no surprise that Coventry don’t want him. 

I’m no fan of Cyrus Christie, but all things considered then he’s probably the most sensible option available unless we can do something in the loan market.

No one really stands out, Norton-Cuffy is a good prospect but probably has Championship interest. Not sure if there’s an experienced player available for loan. Ramsey who has just joined Liverpool from Aberdeen too.. again, not sure what they have planned for him but probably not League One football. 

Tough position to recruit for, especially with our restrictions, so we will need to be creative. 

I had a look at Champ squads to see who had 3 right backs and may have one available, the only one who really stood out was Matt Lowton at Burnley. Played quite alot in the Prem but Burnley have Conor Roberts & just signed Vitinho too, not sure he would drop down to League 1 though. 

Sam Byram at Norwich too but couldnt see any other backup for them.

2 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I wonder how soon before the club can send mcgoldrick out on loan for the season.

It's a waste of wages for someone who poses zero goal threat and at his age will not get better.

An injury prone player

His link up play looked very good in the pre season game, just what Collins is missing up there with him, if he stays fit he'll be a game changer for us.

15 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I wonder how soon before the club can send mcgoldrick out on loan for the season.

It's a waste of wages for someone who poses zero goal threat and at his age will not get better.

An injury prone player

That’s the spirit. Right off a player before he’s even played a competitive game for us.

19 minutes ago, Oldben said:

An injury prone player

Not sure if this is a serious post. But it is frustrating that what was described as a niggle has led to him missing quite a few games pre and post the season starting.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Not sure if this is a serious post. But it is frustrating that what was described as a niggle has led to him missing quite a few games pre and post the season starting.

He has only played the 45min preseason game since Feb, LR has said McGoldrick has said he is ready to play but that he doesnt want to risk him & he is right to wait until he thinks McGoldrick is fully fit, why risk him short term when we need him for the full season.

8 hours ago, Oldben said:

An injury prone player

wtf GIF   Really???