Rooney leaves

ThePrisoner

On 26/06/2022 at 21:19, PistoldPete said:

The "wife and kid" thing is the oldest trick in the book. This is the same wife and kids he had when he took this gig. As you say not a good look. It's been a baptism of fire for sure. Even so , saying you need a break after only 18 months in management, well doesn't sound to me like he will be able to handle football management long term.    

Wasn't it more a case of "Taking a break after 20 years in high profile football"?  ?‍♂️

Mel told us that Stretford contacted him to offer the services of Rooney and it would be a massive money spinner. Mel went for it.Did he know about Stretford’s ambition to own a club? Strange how everything unravelled after that. But in the end did Mel try to help us by not wanting to deal with Ck/PS/Wazza ? It’s the FA investigating now not the EFL. What will they find?

11 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Just out of curiosity how much roughly will a ST be this year? 600/700?

Well obviously we don’t know yet hence the debate on whether they should be cheaper than last year, due to our relegation, the same as last year or increased. I’d be amazed if they go up and will be quite happy with a price freeze.

Due to the Covid situation many of us didn’t have to pay anything last season and I can’t quite remember how much it was the year before. £500 and something for where I sit I seem to recall.

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Mel told us that Stretford contacted him to offer the services of Rooney and it would be a massive money spinner. Mel went for it.Did he know about Stretford’s ambition to own a club? Strange how everything unravelled after that. But in the end did Mel try to help us by not wanting to deal with Ck/PS/Wazza ? It’s the FA investigating now not the EFL. What will they find?

Who says Stretford wants to own a club? 

I'm in two minds about him going. First off i get that he's been through a lot in the job and it's been stressful and don't begrudge him salling it a day. HOWEVER, the other part of me is very dissapointed. He made quite bold statements about how he was committed and wanted to build something here. I can't help thinking he's bottles it and doesn't back himself to do a job in league one with no excuses to fall back on. His stock is pretty good right no, he can say we would have been mid table with next to no squad or funds last year so great achievement. Maybe he didn't want to riak being average in L1 and loosing that Kudos. 

Heard rumours about  time with family and doing his badges etc but if he backed himself he would have stayed and built something IMO.

As a caveat i am of course grateful for one of the best and exciting seasons in my living memory and wish him well. 

On 26/06/2022 at 15:17, jimtastic56 said:

Sorry for your grief David , but like many others I did not shed any tears. His win rate was terrible and as for his loyalty - I don’t think he showed Cocu very much. Stretford has had a re-think and getting Rooney’s coaching badges is the way to go. We have a new owner and he will decide who is manager. I am looking forward to getting my season tickets and glad the circus is over.

I'm happy you are happy in what appears to be a minority feeling towards the guy.

19 hours ago, europia said:

Roughly the same as next years average monthly gas/electric bill then? Bargain??

And if you spend loads of time in the nice warm concourses while switching the heating off at home you could probably make money on the deal. Result, in more ways than one ?

I may have missed posts earlier but ...

Isn't the 32 Red deal ending now. And isn't the 32 Red deal been helping to finance Rooney's time at Derby. 

And, just think that the last season might just be the most important season in Rooney's managerial career.

I thought the same about Lampard and so far I'm right. If only the lad wasn't so ...

And so wondering. Could we possibly pay Rooney so much. Of course not. Any money we may have needs to be directed elsewhere. 

Austerity is back. With or without Rooney we need to rebuilding with youth (if there are any left) and 3 or 4 f those old troopers who will love the chance to get stuck in. Football, being their game.

16 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Like the girlfriend who dumps you just as you were considering asking them to move in....

A couple of nights and some reflections over a few beers later  - and you know what, it was only the fact she had been around for a while whilst I was out of work that made me feel too guilty to dump her first!

She had really let herself slide physically and her reputation proceeded her.... never mind how much she insists she never strayed.

Did me a favour really.. plenty more fish in the sea and with a much better chance of scoring regularly too. 

If I get a decent replacement I will be all smiles if I bump into her and admit she did the right thing by both of us....if not, then I will blame her for dragging me down and be really annoyed if she has got an improved replacement for me - which let's face it... is inevitable. ?

17 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Like the girlfriend who dumps you just as you were considering asking them to move in....

A couple of nights and some reflections over a few beers later  - and you know what, it was only the fact she had been around for a while whilst I was out of work that made me feel too guilty to dump her first!

She had really let herself slide physically and her reputation proceeded her.... never mind how much she insists she never strayed.

Did me a favour really.. plenty more fish in the sea and with a much better chance of scoring regularly too. 

If I get a decent replacement I will be all smiles if I bump into her and admit she did the right thing by both of us....if not, then I will blame her for dragging me down and be really annoyed if she has got an improved replacement for me - which let's face it... is inevitable. ?

Hey better luck next time Chester, There are plenty more fish in the sea, Just think of the good times you had together and take them onto your next Girlfriend...chin up fella...she's out there...somewhere

23 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Never mind you can always get yourself a 10 to 2 bird instead