Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

I expected their wages to be north of £160m, so not at all surprised it’s thereabouts. It’s considerably more than a lot of teams in a similar boat in the Premier League, though (Brighton: £110m for ref) and the liabilities (both player performance and financial) are massive. The fact they’re so heavily indebted to other clubs and financing instalments on player sales at relative high interest have to be huge concerns - that’s not even me taking the piss. 

Relegation, along with the Greek losing interest, doing a Mel, they would die because of the huge payments classed as football debt. Relegation would ultimately lead to heavy point deductions in the Championship regardless of the Greek’s penchant to fund an unsustainable business. It’s a dangerous game. 

It’s a top 10 wage bill, more than the likes of West Ham, etc 

53 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I expected their wages to be north of £160m, so not at all surprised it’s thereabouts. It’s considerably more than a lot of teams in a similar boat in the Premier League, though (Brighton: £110m for ref) and the liabilities (both player performance and financial) are massive. The fact they’re so heavily indebted to other clubs and financing instalments on player sales at relative high interest have to be huge concerns - that’s not even me taking the piss. 

Relegation, along with the Greek losing interest, doing a Mel, they would die because of the huge payments classed as football debt. Relegation would ultimately lead to heavy point deductions in the Championship regardless of the Greek’s penchant to fund an unsustainable business. It’s a dangerous game. 

It’s a top 10 wage bill, more than the likes of West Ham, etc 

In 21/22, a £147m wage bill would have been the 18th highest in Europe (ahead of AC Milan) and 10th highest in England.

In 20/21, only 8 teams had a higher wage bill than £147m.

Less than 10 years ago (14/15) Liverpool were 5th highest with £144m.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I expected their wages to be north of £160m, so not at all surprised it’s thereabouts. 

When you use the term "Thereabouts" when referring to a difference of £13m, it shows just what a shiteshow football has become.

It's almost like... "£13 million?  Pfft!" 🙄

I'm struggling to fall out of love with Derby County FC, but I feckin' detest football!  

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

When you use the term "Thereabouts" when referring to a difference of £13m, it shows just what a shiteshow football has become.

It's almost like... "£13 million?  Pfft!" 🙄

I'm struggling to fall out of love with Derby County FC, but I feckin' detest football!  

I feel the same. When teams are haggling over £10m for a player like it’s is haggling over 50p at the market, it makes me sick. Like it’s nothing. But it would be a life changing lottery win for any normal person.

Like Trump manifesting $4b overnight. Why can’t normal people have that sort of money, or just tiny bit of it. 

5 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

I can't believe they are trying s******** the broke city council out of a £750k rent rise to a reasonable market rate when they are paying so much out on crap players. The rent rise on only half a Harry Arter.

The council could just say no out you go then.  We'll build some riverside apartments to offset our deficit and you buy some new land off us at at 50 million quid plus building costs.  Enjoy ground sharing with Mansfield.

a675cdb34f1467192d5663b3b90b702b.gif

1 hour ago, JfR said:

Forest 1 down, Luton 1 up
Won't count my chickens before they hatch, but it's a good start

Both 1-1 now - interesting to hear the commentary on 5-live saying how the 'wonderful' florest fans were getting on the player's backs when they were losing - thought they'd be above that and supporting their team 🤣