Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

Fair play lads. I’d say that was you effectively up at this stage. 

A glorious moment in the history of DCFC. Promoted back to the second tier. I can hear the champagne popping from all the way up here in the North West? 

Forest getting less points than last season despite the league being easier is just bonkers.

I had them down to win today.

Still think they will beat two of Burnley, Sheff Utd and Chelsea mind.

So another 7-8 points seems realistic.

Luton need to win 3 games to really put the pressure on.

50 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Jesse Lingard. So it continues....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68812570

"He only played a few minutes, and yet he didn't work hard and avoided tussle," Kim said, according to national newspaper Joongang Daily after the Jeju game, Lingard's third, in which he came off the bench after 58 minutes.

"Fame doesn't win football games. If it did, I would have brought in a famous retired player."

On 13/04/2024 at 17:36, Red_Dawn said:

A glorious moment in the history of DCFC. Promoted back to the second tier. I can hear the champagne popping from all the way up here in the North West? 

Well obviously you're setting this up for a fall RD because you'd find it funnier, but in all seriousness the pattern of the last few games have been a case of if you don't like the last result, just hang around, it'll all change again, triumph to despair in the space of 90 mins.

It's in our hands for now at least but since when did we ever do anything easily? I'm fully expecting more twists and turns and although we've won a lot of games this season we've also had several worrying random piss poor performances against the poorer teams in this division so absolutely nobody is taking anything for granted at this stage. We'll get there if we get there and I'll worry about celebrating then if we get over the line.

It might be 'just' a chance to get back in the Championship but I imagine that you'd have been cheering as loudly as the rest when Forest managed to haul themselves out of the 3rd tier. Unless they change the rules I think we're only allowed to get promoted one division at a time, so if we can see this through to a successful conclusion I'd be over the moon for now ta.

As for your lot, well it's still wide open. I've maintained that you have 3 worse teams than you and I still think you'll stay up but there are some huge games coming up. Your game at Everton looks massive, particularly when Luton are home to Brentford on the same day. Even if you are in trouble after that lot though, you still have the bottom 2 teams to play in your last 3 games. Club colours aside, it's actually been a genuinely interesting PL campaign at both ends but after last weekend it looks like advantage Man City and I don't expect them to need a 2nd invitation to take advantage.

5 hours ago, Alty_Ram said:

Well obviously you're setting this up for a fall RD because you'd find it funnier, but in all seriousness the pattern of the last few games have been a case of if you don't like the last result, just hang around, it'll all change again, triumph to despair in the space of 90 mins.

It's in our hands for now at least but since when did we ever do anything easily? I'm fully expecting more twists and turns and although we've won a lot of games this season we've also had several worrying random piss poor performances against the poorer teams in this division so absolutely nobody is taking anything for granted at this stage. We'll get there if we get there and I'll worry about celebrating then if we get over the line.

It might be 'just' a chance to get back in the Championship but I imagine that you'd have been cheering as loudly as the rest when Forest managed to haul themselves out of the 3rd tier. Unless they change the rules I think we're only allowed to get promoted one division at a time, so if we can see this through to a successful conclusion I'd be over the moon for now ta.

As for your lot, well it's still wide open. I've maintained that you have 3 worse teams than you and I still think you'll stay up but there are some huge games coming up. Your game at Everton looks massive, particularly when Luton are home to Brentford on the same day. Even if you are in trouble after that lot though, you still have the bottom 2 teams to play in your last 3 games. Club colours aside, it's actually been a genuinely interesting PL campaign at both ends but after last weekend it looks like advantage Man City and I don't expect them to need a 2nd invitation to take advantage.

Hopefully more points off when they lose their appeal 🤞🏼

On 13/04/2024 at 17:36, Red_Dawn said:

Your covering all bases here I think, in case you have an aberration and somehow go down, you can come on here and take the piss .  Along way to go. 

There seems to be a panic on amongst the Red Dogs I know that we come up, you go down and we beat you next season.  They really have a downer on their team at the minute but there's always Harry Arter.   I can't actually see any way you can drop when the team above you hasn't won in a third of a season and has had 8 points deducted and still don't look like dropping.  Last year you'd both have been knackered. The bottom 3 this year are crap -Sheff Utd and defensively horrific-  the other two.

If the first two did happen it would be similar to what happened in 2008 where in reality you should be beating us as long as you have players with the b******* for the job for the first round of games and much tighter after that.  

In a perverse way i'd rather Leicester were still around having 2nd year syndrome should we get up, as losing or winning to Derby or Forest and neither really giving a s*** seems to send them into meltdown and their fans are total sacks of the highest order from top to bottom.  

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Your covering all bases here I think, in case you have an aberration and somehow go down, you can come on here and take the piss .  Along way to go. 

There seems to be a panic on amongst the Red Dogs I know that we come up, you go down and we beat you next season.  They really have a downer on their team at the minute but there's always Harry Arter.   I can't actually see any way you can drop when the team above you hasn't won in a third of a season and has had 8 points deducted and still don't look like dropping.  Last year you'd both have been knackered. The bottom 3 this year are crap -Sheff Utd and defensively horrific-  the other two.

If the first two did happen it would be similar to what happened in 2008 where in reality you should be beating us as long as you have players with the b******* for the job for the first round of games and much tighter after that.  

In a perverse way i'd rather Leicester were still around having 2nd year syndrome should we get up, as losing or winning to Derby or Forest and neither really giving a s*** seems to send them into meltdown and their fans are total sacks of the highest order from top to bottom.  

They have even returned 500 tickets for the Everton away game on Saturday

38 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

My pick of those quotes is Jesse being active on social media! Wonder if he’s treating them to some Tik tok moves, with contorted hand gestures to show how cool he is? 🙄

Apparently he’s easily the biggest signing in the K league’s 41 year history. Serbs like a small fish in a tiny pond. He should be tearing it up like Ronaldo in Saudi Arabia, to be fair. It’s embarrassing that he can’t even get a start. 

Well, I hate to side with Forest fans on anything but their club is well and truly screwing their fans over. 

They’ve announced their season ticket prices and they’re frankly disgusting. Tickets going up 200% in 2 years, shifting age categories so some tickets going up £700… you name it, they’re doing it. My missus, for my sins, has a season ticket and hers has gone up £200 since the Championship - and this is after giving them money during COVID to keep them going. 

Meanwhile, the club gleefully crow about having 10,000 on a season ticket waiting list. Pay up, or another customer (not fan, customer) will do.

Latest in a long line of things where their ownership really doesn’t get the difference between fans and customers. Premier league? You can keep it. 

16 minutes ago, REDCAR said:

So on this seasons stats, scoring 25 goals at home with a £700 season ticket is £28 a goal. VFM at its finest!

Then again they’ve conceded 25 goals so that cancels them all out.

Depends which ones you like to see 😉

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Well, I hate to side with Forest fans on anything but their club is well and truly screwing their fans over. 

They’ve announced their season ticket prices and they’re frankly disgusting. Tickets going up 200% in 2 years, shifting age categories so some tickets going up £700… you name it, they’re doing it. My missus, for my sins, has a season ticket and hers has gone up £200 since the Championship - and this is after giving them money during COVID to keep them going. 

Meanwhile, the club gleefully crow about having 10,000 on a season ticket waiting list. Pay up, or another customer (not fan, customer) will do.

Latest in a long line of things where their ownership really doesn’t get the difference between fans and customers. Premier league? You can keep it. 

Going up 200% and it's only gone up £200, sounds like they were pretty cheap to start with!

2 hours ago, Srg said:

I seem to remember a few seasons ago they were cheap as chips so they could get the younger generation interested.