Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

i'm struggling to think of any players they have bigger than the 3 teams above them, never mind the rest.

You've got it all wrong - their squad is so full of quality that they can afford to send "world class" defenders out on loan :

images.jpg.4f6e0b656bde5a579b62b8e7f7ab954c.jpg

I think this has been photoshopped though. Where's the big floppy ears and swishy tail gone?

I have been away on holiday and caught up with MOTD2 on my return yesterday. Surely we can all put football rivalry aside to pray for the swift recovery of Yates who was dealt an horrific blow from Maddison which might well have killed lesser men. Let’s hope he survives for his family’s sake. 

11 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

No but they have enough big players in their squad to perform and get the job done over Luton.  It’s a disgrace they’re even in the mix but let’s hope they do a Leicester and bottle it. 

If they do bottle it and sell it they might make enough for another 30 players !!

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

You've got it all wrong - their squad is so full of quality that they can afford to send "world class" defenders out on loan :

I think this has been photoshopped though. Where's the big floppy ears and swishy tail gone?

He's world class at being forest. Just not football though.

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

donkey GIF The real Joe Worrall

Seen a couple of articles online suggesting that their appeal is likely to backfire. Their original deduction was reduced from 6 points to 4 on the basis of 'full cooperation' and rather idiotically, they've now thrown any goodwill under the bus. With the PL originally having sought an 8 point deduction, it might well be that that is precisely what Forest end up with, only this time, with no right to appeal. 

Edited by Comrade 86

4 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Seen a couple of articles online suggesting that their appeal is likely to backfire. Their original deduction was reduced from 6 points to 4 on the basis of 'full cooperation' and rather idiotically, they've now thrown any goodwill under the bus. With the PL originally having sought an 8 point deduction, it might well be that that is precisely what Forest end up with, only this time, with no right to appeal. 

It couldn’t happen to a nicer club

On 08/04/2024 at 03:35, Bris Vegas said:

Unfortunately Forest have a lot of winnable games coming up.

Burnley, Sheff Utd and Everton away, plus Wolves and Chelsea at home.

I think they will get another 10 points.

I don’t see Luton getting any more than 6.

Luton gave it a brilliant go but they dropped some easy points by losing at home to Sheff Utd and squandering a 3-0 lead at Bournemouth.

Or put it another way, and they have a lot of high pressure 6 pointers. All those clubs will be targeting Forest as 6pts they need to get. If they loose all those games, they’re screwed. 

4 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Or put it another way, and they have a lot of high pressure 6 pointers. All those clubs will be targeting Forest as 6pts they need to get. If they loose all those games, they’re screwed. 

No chance they’re going down. 

in my mind they did the right thing investing and taking a gamble, 4pts is nothing to make up given the standard this year. 

4 hours ago, Chellaston Ram said:

A 4 point deduction is hardly a deterrent to stop other teams gambling 

Break the bank for a great striker and all they need to do is snatch you a last gasp winner and two last gasp equalizers (ie turn a draw into a win and two losses into draws) and the 4pts were worth it. 

11 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Break the bank for a great striker and all they need to do is snatch you a last gasp winner and two last gasp equalizers (ie turn a draw into a win and two losses into draws) and the 4pts were worth it. 

I think we can all be delighted then that they decided Dennis and Origi were the best way to spend 30 million.

I struggle with the whole "punishing those having a go" narrative in Forests defence, 30 players for a 25 man squad? I can't get past that, its reckless at best, gaming something for Olympiacos' benefit at worst. I can say that, I dont own a bakery. Another thing, that bloke coming onto the pitch to intimidate referees giving them the eyes and sharing pictures of how he epitomised manliness by smashing a TV. Jees, what a proper numpty.

The reduced to 4 points for cooperation, that is now over thing so it could be increased, was a product of my fever dream, I'm not convinced it'll happen like that but if Calsberg did appeals ...

2 years ago they were sure that they'd never play us again the gap was too big, I'd just love it if...

Edited by Chopper
Poor spelling

I do hope HMRC are looking into this constant transfer of players to Greece.  After all, the highest tax rate is 1% lower than the UK,or 16% if you consider the personal allowance reduction over 125k and you can actually get relief for 7 years reducing your tax load by 50% if your registered as an employee to a Greek company.  Worth taking a much lower contract and getting more pay.  They should be made to repay every penny to HMRC for these unscrupulous tactics.  I look forward to the bastions of tax revenue being out with placards anytime soon. They've taken their FFP f*** up so admirably, I assume they'll be ready to go this weekend. 

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I do hope HMRC are looking into this constant transfer of players to Greece.  After all, the highest tax rate is 1% lower than the UK,or 16% if you consider the personal allowance reduction over 125k and you can actually get relief for 7 years reducing your tax load by 50% if your registered as an employee to a Greek company.  Worth taking a much lower contract and getting more pay.  They should be made to repay every penny to HMRC for these unscrupulous tactics.  I look forward to the bastions of tax revenue being out with placards anytime soon. They've taken their FFP f*** up so admirably, I assume they'll be ready to go this weekend. 

Robbing HMRC of money that could go to the NHS?! The Doggies will be all over that surely? I can see it now - they'll get their green scarves out of the washing basket where they've been for the last 12 years, take up their pitchforks and, er, waddle Stavros out of their Foreskin Kingdom......

The backstop date for Forest's appeal hearing is apparently May 24th but it's rumoured that the PL are to try to resolve this prior to season end. I've been trying to find the articles suggesting that Forest's belief that they had nothing to lose with what I view as a spurious appeal, is potentially a serious misunderstanding of the process and the link below is the the one I managed to find again.

In a further twist, that really ought to set alarm bells ringing, the PL have stated that they retain the right to force a single arbitrator to make a final call should the appeal not go the way they would like. Bear in mind the 8 point penalty they originally sought. Perhaps I'm reading too much into that statement, but it suggests to me that they want to see the penalty increased and will challenge the appeal outcome if additional points are not deducted.

I'm not sure who is advising the fat fella, but I think Forest appealing what was IMO,  a ludicrously generous outcome given the size of their overspend and the underhand way they went about masking it, was essentially an act of flagrant self-harm, akin to accidentally shooting themselves in the foot, then shooting the other one too so they have a matching pair.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/nottingham-forest-ffp-appeal-points-deduction-fail-2964272

22 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

The backstop date for Forest's appeal hearing is apparently May 24th but it's rumoured that the PL are to try to resolve this prior to season end. I've been trying to find the articles suggesting that Forest's belief that they had nothing to lose with what I view as a spurious appeal, is potentially a serious misunderstanding of the process and the link below is the the one I managed to find again.

In a further twist, that really ought to set alarm bells ringing, the PL have stated that they retain the right to force a single arbitrator to make a final call should the appeal not go the way they would like. Bear in mind the 8 point penalty they originally sought. Perhaps I'm reading too much into that statement, but it suggests to me that they want to see the penalty increased and will challenge the appeal outcome if additional points are not deducted.

I'm not sure who is advising the fat fella, but I think Forest appealing what was IMO,  a ludicrously generous outcome given the size of their overspend and the underhand way they went about masking it, was essentially an act of flagrant self-harm, akin to accidentally shooting themselves in the foot, then shooting the other one too so they have a matching pair.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/nottingham-forest-ffp-appeal-points-deduction-fail-2964272

Suits to martyrdom narrative. I'm pretty sure that dangerous telly, who allegedly assaulted during the game, is going to be sued next.