Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

Had to turn TalkSport off because of all the “poor Forest” drivel. Very little condemnation, or even recognition, of them knowingly breaking the rules. 4 points is brilliant for them really, an absolute let off, and not really a disincentive for any other club to break to the rules. Bit of a joke really (especially compared to our 9 point deduction).  

57 minutes ago, JfR said:

Forest's claims about being unfairly disadvantaged as a promoted Championship club would certainly hold more weight if they didn't also come out against distributing more pay to EFL clubs less than a week ago:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13188487/Premier-League-clubs-shot-EFL-deal.html

Quote from that article.......

Mail Sport understands those clubs were Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool, West Ham, Aston Villa, Wolves, Nottingham Forest, Crystal Palace and Bournemouth.

If this is true then all those clubs can burn like a greek ref's bakery for eternity as far as i'm concerned.

Villa, Wolves, Gumps, Palace and Bournemouth should know better. They'll all be back there in time, talk about the working class can kiss my ass, absolute effin w anchors, the owners should be ashamed of themselves.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool and West Ham are amongst the Rothschilds of the Premier League and could easily afford the tiny bit extra the EPL wanted to offer. I expect that sort of behaviour from those but it still rankles that they care so little about the football pyramid. WTF are the owners thinking? They'd still be filthy rich! It would make no difference to them whatsoever.

I would feel the same of Derby if they were in that position and did the same. 

10 hours ago, littleover ram said:

Their argument is the club statement was they couldn’t compete as a newly promoted club without parachute payments the previous season.

tough. Take money for a season and get relegated and build back up. That was Norwich’s model for years. They don’t have a right to stay in the PL more than one season 

Another counter argument here is that they could have afforded to spend way more had they stuck to the EFL limits...

Good article on the situation here by Barney Ronay (who someone on here told me was a forest fan?!):

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/18/supporters-should-blame-club-owners-not-the-rules-for-points-deductions

Particularly enjoyed this paragraph:

The issue is buying 29 players in a single year, spending more than every year of your entire club history combined, more than Barcelona, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain. Failing to make the emergency stop because you’re careering off the mountain side is really an issue about careering off the mountainside in the first place. Football follows the market. If Johnson were more valuable to more clubs he might have been sold in time for the right amount. He wasn’t. So pay up.

12 minutes ago, Ramrob said:

Good article on the situation here by Barney Ronay (who someone on here told me was a forest fan?!):

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/18/supporters-should-blame-club-owners-not-the-rules-for-points-deductions

The issue is buying 29 players in a single year, spending more than every year of your entire club history combined, more than Barcelona, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain. Failing to make the emergency stop because you’re careering off the mountain side is really an issue about careering off the mountainside in the first place. Football follows the market. If Johnson were more valuable to more clubs he might have been sold in time for the right amount. He wasn’t. So pay up.

It's okay .......Jabba will just transfer the points from his Greek club  

48 minutes ago, Ramrob said:

I think he fell out with the club hierarchy and is now opposed to Marinakis. 

We tried to warn him @Reggie Greenwood

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

I think he fell out with the club hierarchy and is now opposed to Marinakis. 

We tried to warn him @Reggie Greenwood

Daniel Taylor’s is another who I think isn’t overly favoured by their hierarchy who I think has written a more straight and informative piece.

Unfortunately from what I’ve seen there’s more than a couple of journos who are quite willing to drink the kool-aid from Forest’s statement yesterday because of the whataboutery about city/chelsea, not appreciating that maybe they are all in the wrong? 

My one last thought on this, which I was meant to bring up yesterday, but is it quite likely that Forest are going for appeal because essentially does a point deduction mean they accept guilt and the punishment would then allow last years relegated clubs to go ahead with legal action against Forest for loss of income?

8 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

My one last thought on this, which I was meant to bring up yesterday, but is it quite likely that Forest are going for appeal because essentially does a point deduction mean they accept guilt and the punishment would then allow last years relegated clubs to go ahead with legal action against Forest for loss of income?

I think their main driver is that stamping their feet and threatening to cry hasn't worked so an appeal is all they have left

Sad Baby GIF

If they do appeal, the 2 points that were removed from the penalty thanks to them cooperating should immediately be reinstated - and if I had my way, the penalty should be doubled if (when) they lose the case again (which as they are clearly guilty is what should happen)

Obviously the league should appeal, 4 points wasn't harsh enough and a new panel will have the advantage of a few more games being played to know how much forest need deducting.

Certainly Luton and Everton should sue the league to encourage them to appeal.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/sport/football/article/football-nottingham-forest-points-deduction-decision-financial-rules-gkfpnjmcg
"An appeal by Nottingham Forest against the four-point deduction imposed for breaching the Premier League’s financial rules would run the risk of the sanction being increased."

Is there any way to launch an appeal on behalf of someone else? If not, is anyone able to forge Marinakis' handwriting?

27 minutes ago, JfR said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/sport/football/article/football-nottingham-forest-points-deduction-decision-financial-rules-gkfpnjmcg
"An appeal by Nottingham Forest against the four-point deduction imposed for breaching the Premier League’s financial rules would run the risk of the sanction being increased."

Is there any way to launch an appeal on behalf of someone else? If not, is anyone able to forge Marinakis' handwriting?

Nah, it’s all Greek to me.🤷🏻‍♂️

19 hours ago, Gringo said:

Who can forget the highly catchy song dreamt up by their fans “derby’s going down with a fiver in the bank” and the  way we were showered with photocopied £10 pound notes at their Nottingham slum, Karma is a bitch and I am loving every second of their misfortune, come on Luton!!!!!

Had 3 little irks waving a fiver at me over the road in Skegness.  I don't think the gobby one liked me telling him it was fine and I'd told his mam she could keep the change from the 6 quid.