Curtis Davies - signed 1-year deal

YouRams

On 04/07/2022 at 21:01, nogbad van 50 said:

I agree.Playing that last game of the season and waiving his right to claim against the Club was just awesome.Strikes me as a great role model and a positive influence in the dressing room.

Ever since then he has been my Derby god what a statement - Amazing (and quite easy on the eye and dont even think of moaning at me after all your lady drumming on the table posts for any excuse!)

YES!  So glad to see him back with us. A leader on and off the field IMHO.  I do wonder if they waited for Lawrence to go before the announcement to give him the captaincy?…

There are stars and legends, every club has them at every level of the game. Curtis is one of ours. In this modern era of money, contracts, agents and media hype it is hard to be an individual rather than a commodity. Curtis for me has gone to another level. Lasts seasons marathon efforts with everything against us he stood tall and strong in the darkest of days. Quite possibly in 50 years of watching football I don’t think I have ever seen a player with such integrity and sportsmanship. I almost don’t care if he plays again, just being there as a talisman for what is right about sport is enough - sure he wouldn’t agree because he wants that shirt on, whoever or wherever we are playing because doing it right with everything he has is what he does.

Nice one CED 

Just listened to his interview.  What a guy.  He not only speaks like a captain, he speaks like a manager.  Mentioning he'd met Clowes, then referencing looking forward to years to come, he's got to have some coaching role sorted as part of his contract, which is probably why it took so long to sort out.  So glad he's here. 

Absolutely fantastic news to get Davies contract renewed. Proved last season he’s still a damn good Championship player over a full season, which is amazing at his age. Could’ve easily got a Championship contract as a squad player. But he decided to stay here, play football, and try to achieve something - because that’s the sort of man he is. A true Derby hero in my eyes for what he’s given the club over the years, in difficult times. One of my favourite Derby players ever. 

Will be an unreal defender in League One, even at his age. Can rotate him, Chester and Cashin to keep everyone fit. Really don’t see where Roberts fits in now though, with Stearman as emergency cover.

51 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Absolutely fantastic news to get Davies contract renewed. Proved last season he’s still a damn good Championship player over a full season, which is amazing at his age. Could’ve easily got a Championship contract as a squad player. But he decided to stay here, play football, and try to achieve something - because that’s the sort of man he is. A true Derby hero in my eyes for what he’s given the club over the years, in difficult times. One of my favourite Derby players ever. 

Will be an unreal defender in League One, even at his age. Can rotate him, Chester and Cashin to keep everyone fit. Really don’t see where Roberts fits in now though, with Stearman as emergency cover.

That's the only thing I don't understand where Roberts will now fit in. Surely we don't need 5 CBs?