Curtis Davies - signed 1-year deal

YouRams

Having just listened to his interview, post-signing his new contract, he has to be made team captain immediately, as well as club captain for the playing staff.

He is articulate, determined, passionate, and respected by management, players and fans alike.

Curtis Davies is a future coach and/or manager in the making, and I would be more than happy to see him remain at Derby County F.C. in such a capacity, after he retires from playing.

21 hours ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Claim against the club? Have I missed summat?

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/05/davies-im-glad-i-could-help-the-team

I seem to recall from that particularly stressful day that he wanted to play ,regardless of his lack of fitness and the possibility of aggravating his previous injury.and that if he did get injured he wouldn’t hold the club accountable. At that moment,for me,he became a Club legend.

6 hours ago, nogbad van 50 said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/05/davies-im-glad-i-could-help-the-team

I seem to recall from that particularly stressful day that he wanted to play ,regardless of his lack of fitness and the possibility of aggravating his previous injury.and that if he did get injured he wouldn’t hold the club accountable. At that moment,for me,he became a Club legend.

It’s excellent news. Unfortunate delay tho - he’s got his work cut out if he’s going to be sharp for Oxford 

33 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I'm sure he's been training with the rest of the players, just like last year.

He’s a legend so no doubt he’ll be fine. But I had the impression he thought his negotiating position was weakened if he went in. And that he’d therefore been at home on his Wattbike  

(“Wfh”)

Edited by kevinhectoring

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

He’s a legend so no doubt he’ll be fine. But I had the impression he thought his negotiating position was weakened if he went in. And that he’d therefore been at home on his Wattbike  

(“Wfh”)

If you checked his Insta you'd have seen he was having some sessions with a personal trainer.