Curtis Davies - signed 1-year deal

YouRams

45 minutes ago, w8sey said:

Not sure what to think to this, sounds like there is a stumbling block. No doubt it will probably come down to wages.

2 hours ago, NorwichExile said:

Honestly, after last season he can have the keys to Pride Park if he wants them. Give the man what he wants; he's too important to the youngsters. 

I agree.Playing that last game of the season and waiving his right to claim against the Club was just awesome.Strikes me as a great role model and a positive influence in the dressing room.

5 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

At face value, no.  Fingers crossed it's sorted. 

I would be disappointed if we can't work something out with Curtis. An absolute hero last season. He will know our wage cap. I cant see what the issue would be. Just offer him the cap and get it sorted. 

I desperately want him to stay but the reality is that there is a budget and we must stick to it so I hope he hasn't priced himself out. Hope we can sort something but even if it does get sorted it doesn't sound like he's expecting it to happen that quickly and we need to just get on with pre-season and rebuilding the depleted squad. If he wanders off to a random Championship club to be a bit part player then it will be a bit of a downer and a sad way to end things.

3 minutes ago, w8sey said:

I would be disappointed if we can't work something out with Curtis. An absolute hero last season. He will know our wage cap. I cant see what the issue would be. Just offer him the cap and get it sorted. 

You can’t just offer the cap to get it sorted. If the cap stretches our budget, it has to be on somebody who is going to be playing regularly and one of the best in their position.

Is Curtis Davies even going to be a starter if he stays in?

He’s a great guy but his wages were ridiculously high for what was really one season at top Championship level. After that he became either a bit-part player or an emergency CB yet he was still commanding top Championship wages,

3 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Could be that Curtis wants a 2 year deal.He is worth keeping around just in case it doesn’t work out for Rosenior. If we are not in the top 6 at Xmas  some fans will be calling for a change and Curtis would have a lot of backing for the job.

No sentiment in football. If I was DCFC I’d be telling Curtis there’s the deal we haven’t got time to mess about as you of all people know that so either sign or go. We have to know where we stand quickly.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

You can’t just offer the cap to get it sorted. If the cap stretches our budget, it has to be on somebody who is going to be playing regularly and one of the best in their position.

He’s a great guy but his wages were ridiculously high for what was really one season at top Championship level. After that he became either a bit-part player or an emergency CB yet he was still commanding top Championship wages,

What are you on about? Are you saying curtis wouldn't be playing regularly and isn't one of the best in his position? ?

If both sides truly want a resolution then they'll find one. If not we'll thank him for his tremendous service and wish him all the best for the future. 

It will be sad if it ends like that  because I have nothing but admiration for the man and the way he's conducted himself during a difficult period for the club. Absolute rock for us but the future of the club must take priority.  

48 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Ehgh? He played every game. Best season. Course he'll start. 

5 minutes ago, winktheram said:

Ehgh? He played every game. Best season. Course he'll start. 

If our CB options next season are Cashin, Roberts, Davies and Chester, then none of them are likely to start 40+ games. Given age and injury history, if Davies is fit an available for more than 30 games (nevermind starting) I'd consider it a bonus.