The Kirchner-Morris Summit Meeting

IslandExile

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t think Mel wants the ground. What he wants is to get his 20m security deposit back

But there’s not enough money in Kirchner’s bid to return MM’s deposit - the deposit is needed to pay off MSD

Your probably right, but there is a risk in this for Mel, if Derby did ground share or, god forbid, get liquidated he then has the ground and the MSD loan to service. 

I wonder how long the current Derby agreement to lease the ground from Mel has left to run, it could be this lease that would stop Derby from ground sharing.

Theres so much detail we do not know it’s difficult to pull together even an educated guess.?

2 hours ago, Woodypecker said:

We already had a horrid, drawn-out sh !t show when Lionel (for all his great legacy of PPS etc) would not enable Gadsby & Co to take over the club 20 years ago, and the Amigos got control.

Another local 'super-fan', MM, seems to have taken the whole debacle to another, possibly fatal level.

WTF is going to pull us back from the brink? 

The Phoenix Club should be called DCFC Lemmings, as a permanent warning against pious, obstinate, ego-driven owners!

Mel's not fit to have his name mentioned in the same sentence as Lionel Pickering for me. Maybe nostalgia but Lionel's legacy was having left us with PPS, having built it for us and depleted his fortune to basically nothing in doing so. I'd think Lionel would be turning in his grave to see the ground being separated out from the club and potentially DCFC being homeless and/or liquidated. The difference I think is that I/we believe Mel has money (Pickering didn't) and so it is his in effect his choosing to put us in this situation.

2 hours ago, Eatonram said:

Ive said several times over the last few days that we need the breathing space to sort this and a one year rental from MM would make sense.......

However, some say that the EFL require a minimum of 10 years??? No idea where this "rule" has come from or if true but that is being said.

How did Coventry get past that rule, they didn’t have a ground because of their unscrupulous owners. Subsequently they were vagabonds for several season and therefore can’t have had a “10 year agreement”. 
Or is this another rule theyve “made up” in the last few weeks/ months. 

9 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Mel's not fit to have his name mentioned in the same sentence as Lionel Pickering for me. Maybe nostalgia but Lionel's legacy was having left us with PPS, having built it for us and depleted his fortune to basically nothing in doing so. I'd think Lionel would be turning in his grave to see the ground being separated out from the club and potentially DCFC being homeless and/or liquidated. The difference I think is that I/we believe Mel has money (Pickering didn't) and so it is his in effect his choosing to put us in this situation.

I didn't mention LP and MM in the same sentence....I simply contrasted the type of dire straits they had both (wittingly and/or unwittingly!) ultimately placed the club in at different times.

I'm sure LP wished to keep club and stadium as a unit, of course. Even the Amigos' shenanigans didn't contrive to use the stadium as an inaccessible separate entity, which is what MM has gone and done.

It is in MM's power to gift the stadium back to the club but he's woven the MSD loans, stadium rights, stadium purchase or lease terms, into a dark labyrinth for Council and CK to somehow disentangle.

Let's hope it's not beyond their wits or resources....

11 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

How did Coventry get past that rule, they didn’t have a ground because of their unscrupulous owners. Subsequently they were vagabonds for several season and therefore can’t have had a “10 year agreement”. 
Or is this another rule theyve “made up” in the last few weeks/ months. 

We’re they in administration?

What is quite ironic is the notion that Morris was safeguarding our home which Lionel Pickering ( A proper fan ) helped build when he got MSD/Loans involved regarding PP

When in fact we needed to safeguard it against someone who would detach it from its owners and jeopardize our future.....eg...Morris!!

58 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Mel should not be receiving death threats.

A good old ruffling of the feathers is all that is needed 

Big Brother Fight GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

59 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Mel should not be receiving death threats.

A good old ruffling of the feathers is all that is needed 

Big Brother Fight GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Luke Jenkinson dishing it out?

3 hours ago, derby8 said:

We lease the stadium now and prob has several years to run, so keep that in place but both sides agree on sale within say 2 years.

The problem with that is that CK has stated that he wants MM completely out of the equation.  This was just the other day, as he prepared to head over here.  It was said in such a way as to suggest he won't even want to rent/lease from him, let alone do a deal on buying it from him (now or in the future).  

Either MM needs to sell to a.n.other (who then rents to CK/DCFC, or CK needs to back down, and strike some sort of deal with MM.

... which brings us to this morning's impasse...  

2 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

100% with you on the above

46 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

The problem with that is that CK has stated that he wants MM completely out of the equation.  This was just the other day, as he prepared to head over here.  It was said in such a way as to suggest he won't even want to rent/lease from him, let alone do a deal on buying it from him (now or in the future).  

Either MM needs to sell to a.n.other (who then rents to CK/DCFC, or CK needs to back down, and strike some sort of deal with MM.

... which brings us to this morning's impasse...  

I agree with CK. i wouldn’t deal with Morris as he’s not to be trusted