The Kirchner-Morris Summit Meeting

IslandExile

9 minutes ago, Ramitupper said:

Here are some facts which might explain the impasse:

1. The MSD debt is said to be around £23m. 
  2. The debt is OWED by DCFC (not by Mel Morris) but is secured against the Stadium.
  3. If MSD calls in the debt, then DCFC has to pay it, otherwise MSD will take the deeds to the stadium and will presumably sell to the highest bidder.
  4. DCFC has no means to pay the MSD debt.
  5. DCFC or KC have no means to buy the stadium

This means that whoever OWNS the stadium, ultimately is responsible for the MSD Debt.

I suspect MM wants to sell the ground, along with the MSD charge against it, for, say £20-23m.

This again means that the MSD debt doesn't get paid, and whoever then owns the stadium, is responsible for any default in debt repayments.

So I think what KC is saying is, MEL: Sell the stadium AND use the money to repay the debt to MSD.

And MEL is saying "Nope. The £20m debt is DCFC's debt. I've already lost £200m. So.... deal with it. That's what the administrators were called in for!!!

All in all, there are only 2 possible outcomes:

Mel caves and GIVES us back the stadium, or somebody with loads of cash buys the stadium....and the club....

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...... MIKE ASHLEY!

It’s been pointing to that resolution for a long time now. I have no real preference to who saves our club, as long as the club is saved that’s all that matters for now.

Mike Ashley will get the club IMHO, I think he also had something to do with resolving the MM & Gibson issues (as he and SG are mates apparently).

This leads us to -15 points and no Wayne Rooney either ???

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

No one can ever support death threats though. Only the lowest of the low resort to that kind of rubbish. I only condemn it on principle though, as far as slaphead himself is concerned I'm playing the world's smallest violin.

It's nice of Kirchner to step in, but I don't see why it's necessary. He isn't responsible for the behavior of idiotic Derby fans. If he gets into the habit for apologising for the worst of us, he'll never be off twitter.

I think there is a difference between wishing death upon someone and threatening to kill them. I’ve seen plenty of the former but none of the latter. 

I could be wrong, but would assume that’s the case.

4 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

It’s been pointing to that resolution for a long time now. I have no real preference to who saves our club, as long as the club is saved that’s all that matters for now.

Mike Ashley will get the club IMHO, I think he also had something to do with resolving the MM & Gibson issues (as he and SG are mates apparently).

This leads us to -15 points and no Wayne Rooney either ???

If it’s no Rooney the fan base will go crazy

21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I mean, what does he actually expect? I actually think the Derby fan base has been more than tolerant to Mel Morris than a lot of other clubs would’ve been in this situation.

Absolutely this.

We haven’t stormed the pitch, stadium or disrupted any home matches (see Charlton, Blackpool over the years etc.)

My patience was already wafer thin with Smithers and Burns (Pearce and Morris) it is now as thin as Stevie Mac’s hair and I’m talking Mac II not the Wembley season Mac.

Time to PROPERLY get angry as a fan base if Dr Evil won’t budge. Enough is enough. 

18 minutes ago, Curtains said:

This is now beyond comprehension 

It is. I have long since failed to understand the issue with the stadium. I had always thought of it as the solution to the problem , not the problem itself. But there is  a legal charge against it and someone needs to get rid of that. MM, CK, DCC I really don't care who does it just do it.

23 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

How do you know that or are you just speculating?

Because we know more or less what the numbers are.

It’s supported by the fact that MM wanted the buyer to pay 20m for the stadium and is said to have a 20m security deposit with MSD. So I think he’s saying, ‘you can have the stadium but I’m not paying off MSD. So I need my 20m back.’  There’s not enough cash in CK’s bid to pay off MSD without a points deduction or worse

Interestingly Q have a written agreement w MM about the stadium. Would love to see it. I wonder whether he agreed to hand over the stadium if he got his deposit back ... 

We already had a horrid, drawn-out sh !t show when Lionel (for all his great legacy of PPS etc) would not enable Gadsby & Co to take over the club 20 years ago, and the Amigos got control.

Another local 'super-fan', MM, seems to have taken the whole debacle to another, possibly fatal level.

WTF is going to pull us back from the brink? 

The Phoenix Club should be called DCFC Lemmings, as a permanent warning against pious, obstinate, ego-driven owners!

3 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Rooney said yesterday he's employed by Derby County (in administration) . From that I took it that he'll not go anywhere unless he's sacked or offered another job. 

I believe he has another year on his contract.

If there is a Derby County.

I am sorry but it’s that serious 

1 minute ago, Budgie895 said:

Im missing something, and I havn't seen another comment on it, what's Mel Morris going to do with the stadium if they can't reach an agreement? knock it down for building land? develop it into? 

Council won't let him.

1 minute ago, Budgie895 said:

Im missing something, and I havn't seen another comment on it, what's Mel Morris going to do with the stadium if they can't reach an agreement? knock it down for building land? develop it into? 

Doesn't the stadium go into the hands of MSD if Mel doesn't pay off his debt owed to them?