The Kirchner-Morris Summit Meeting

IslandExile

So what now? The most logical resolution would seemingly be that CK agrees a leasing deal with MM whilst the council look at buying the ground. CK can then lease it from the council or look to buy it eventually.

But this is made a lot harder when CK says his offer is conditional on MM not owning the stadium, and a deal from the council doesn’t look like going through any time soon.

Edited by Kernow

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

So what now? The most logical resolution would seemingly be that CK agrees a leasing deal with MM whilst the council look at buying the ground. CK can then lease it from the council or look to buy it eventually.

But this is made a lot harder when CK says his offer is conditional on MM not owning the stadium, and a deal from the council doesn’t look like going through any time soon.

Who says Mel actually wants to sell it right now?

Everyone seems to assume he is willing to sell it to the council for the amount of the MSD loan but I get the feeling that might not be the case. 

Why sell for 25mil now when you could rent it and earn money off it for years, or rent it out for a few years and once all this has died down try to charge full price for the stadium, maybe even the mythical 80mill.

Its a horrible thing to do but he is a business man and would probably want maximum return

Just now, RammingStone66 said:

Everyone seems to assume he is willing to sell it to the council for the amount of the MSD loan but I get the feeling that might not be the case. 

Why sell for 25mil now when you could rent it and earn money off it for years, or rent it out for a few years and once all this has died down try to charge full price for the stadium, maybe even the mythical 80mill.

Its a horrible thing to do but he is a business man and would probably want maximum return

It would be pointless even meeting CK in that case then. Unless Kirchner has a change of mind and is willing to own the Club with Morris still involved.

If he’s not then he only has two options. Pull out, or move us elsewhere.

13 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I have to say that reading the first CK tweet, it sounds fairly worrying in that no discernible progress is being made. 

Which could have all sorts of knock on implications as PB periods expire, cash runs out etc etc 

Agree feel worried for first time. I just hope CK sticks with it. 

The meeting between MM,CK and others was a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, and it is only my opinion but, I think a lot of egos are currently being bruised, and we are in the middle. If CK walks and a big IF Ashley steps in, I wouldn't be suprised if Rooney walks too! I really hope not. Worrying times for this great club of ours. 

13 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

You may well have hit on the issue and ck doesnt trust him to rent from

6 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Tell MM to go where the sun don't shine, Ground share, Not every ones cup o tea mine included, But this man has caused this whole issue, Leave the stadium to the birds, As long as there's a DCFC then there's a club to support.

Ground sharing is just not plausible. It will make a massive dent in the finances and a great big hole in CK’s business plan.

1 minute ago, Arsene Titman said:

Ground sharing is just not plausible. It will make a massive dent in the finances and a great big hole in CK’s business plan.

In that case some folk are going to have to lay down and have their belly's tickled while playing a violin to MMs tune.

6 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Tell MM to go where the sun don't shine, Ground share, Not every ones cup o tea mine included, But this man has caused this whole issue, Leave the stadium to the birds, As long as there's a DCFC then there's a club to support.

I’m not sure that CK should tell Mel where to go where the sun doesn’t shine but I do agree with the sentiment, the club is the most important thing. The ground, whilst nice to have, is just a structure no one goes to look at the ground on a Saturday it’s what happens inside it that’s the attraction.

Not sure what this meeting was about. Kirchner doesn't want to buy the stadium I thought, at least not off Morris. . so the deal was meant to be Morris selling to the Council with Kirchner not directly involved. So what is the impasse?

Edited by PistoldPete

38 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

I've absolutely had enough of this poo Mel has absolutely trashed us. His legacy is indeed akin to Maxwell.

Hi legacy is far far worse than Maxwell, he has single handedly strangled the life out of DCFC.

The fact he has the audacity to claim to be a Ram absolutely astounds me, you caused this now only you can resolve it Mr.Morris.

You get to be the centre of attention once again, do the right and proper thing and never darken our door again ???

It’s hard to see what changes going forward, then.

CK - won’t buy the stadium. Preferred Bidder status elapses. Ashley buys stadium, pays creditors less than CK, we start next season on minus 15 points and Rooney walks.

Council - could have agreed a deal in principle by now; haven’t. Is this realistically going to happen? Surely if it was, something would have happened by now.

At this moment it’s hard to see a positive outcome, as in reality we are in exactly the same situation we’ve been in since September.