The Kirchner-Morris Summit Meeting

IslandExile

Just now, Gritstone Ram said:

We have gone down to League 1 people say the club isn’t worth what the asking price is for the stadium. Why doesn’t  CK agree to rent the stadium off MM for 1 season and if we go back up then may be the clubs value has increased and a deal could be reached. If we don’t go up MM needs to cut his losses

Ive said several times over the last few days that we need the breathing space to sort this and a one year rental from MM would make sense.......

However, some say that the EFL require a minimum of 10 years??? No idea where this "rule" has come from or if true but that is being said.

5 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Ive said several times over the last few days that we need the breathing space to sort this and a one year rental from MM would make sense.......

However, some say that the EFL require a minimum of 10 years??? No idea where this "rule" has come from or if true but that is being said.

Apparently It's in the EFL rules for exiting administration.

I've definitely seen it written in newspaper articles but cant remember if I've seen it from an EFL  source.

8 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

We have gone down to League 1 people say the club isn’t worth what the asking price is for the stadium. Why doesn’t  CK agree to rent the stadium off MM for 1 season and if we go back up then may be the clubs value has increased and a deal could be reached. If we don’t go up MM needs to cut his losses

It would be financial suicide for Kirchner. Mel will hold all the cards. Currently they’re both at an impasse because they’re on an equal footing. If Kirchner buys the club with Mel as owner. Mel will always hold the Ace. He could have a say in everything we do. 

10 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

We lease the stadium now and prob has several years to run, so keep that in place but both sides agree on sale within say 2 years.

7 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

It would be financial suicide for Kirchner. Mel will hold all the cards. Currently they’re both at an impasse because they’re on an equal footing. If Kirchner buys the club with Mel as owner. Mel will always hold the Ace. He could have a say in everything we do. 

Not if an agreement is made depending on the outcome of the next season.

31 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

How long were Coventry without a stadium for? Surely they weren't ground sharing for 10 years 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I think there is a difference between wishing death upon someone and threatening to kill them. I’ve seen plenty of the former but none of the latter. 

I could be wrong, but would assume that’s the case.

I’m not stupid enough not to think he’s not had death threats at least via the postal service.  His full address was on Twitter the other day, and there’s lots of keyboard warriors out there.

Do people want evidence before condemning these actions?

5 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Surely everyone is looking for a solution not looking how to have the upper bargaining hand when dealing with the sale of the stadium. 

I think they are it they aren’t going to compromise themselves in the process. If I was in CKs position rn I wouldn’t buy the club without either owning the stadium or the council owning the stadium. 

Can we look at this a different way.

If Derby, for example, went and shared a ground with Burton what would Mel do with the ground.

Does anyone have a bright ideas.

I doubt the ground would be given planning permission for redevelopment as housing.

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

We wont be ground sharing as Mel wont allow it so we need a deal on Pride Park.

I may have this wrong but isnt the amount MM wamts for the stadium the amount to pay off the debt to MSD, he wont make any money off it himself? 

The issue is that potential buyers and the council dont want to or cant afford that 20-25m so are asking MM to pay the difference in their offer which he clearly isnt willing to do which we have known since CK bid last year when he offered MM less for the ground.

So it seems.

1. The council or CK need to stump up the full money 

2. They need to agree a lease agreement with MM / MSD

3. MM has to agree to pay any difference from the offers

Only looks like option 2 has any chance

8 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

If Derby, for example, went and shared a ground with Burton what would Mel do with the ground.

I doubt the ground would be given planning permission for redevelopment.

My own personal view on this is Morris will hold onto it knowing at some point we'd need somewhere to call home...all of this is nothing short of a disgrace by the way...Morris/MSD have got us by the short and curlies and there was Morris leading us to believe that it was for the long term future of our beloved DCFC....cannot see this being resolved unless someone backs down and pays....If I was CK I would not pay another penny after coming in and trying to be our saviour and paying off huge debts not down to his own mis -management

...I'm actually numb today and feel as down as I've felt for quite  some time 

11 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I doubt the ground would be given planning permission for redevelopment.

Don’t think Mel wants the ground. What he wants is to get his 20m security deposit back

But there’s not enough money in Kirchner’s bid to return MM’s deposit - the deposit is needed to pay off MSD