The Kirchner-Morris Summit Meeting

IslandExile

Of course, they could have made massive strides towards a deal this morning, just not got across the finish line, not shook hands, and not signed any paperwork.

"Impasse" does not infer they are "Back to square one", or that the situation remains exactly where things stood at 5am this morning!

?

EDIT:
Sorry... hadn't seen the last couple of posts inferring similar.  ?

Edited by Mucker1884

26 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

this could be heading for a one way ticket back to the states,and a liquidation purchase by ashley,points and embargo's next season if we are allowed to carry on in the league

With respect my friend, I seriously doubt that when one owns ones own $20m+ Private Jet Plane, emblazoned with ones own personal-plate-esque initials in the reg number, one does not lower oneself to the act of procuring a ticket for a flight, one way or otherwise!  ?

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Of course, they could have made massive strides towards a deal this morning, just not got across the finish line, not shook hands, and not signed any paperwork.

"Impasse" does not infer they are "Back to square one", or that the situation remains exactly where things stood at 5am this morning!

?

EDIT:
Sorry... hadn't seen the last couple of posts inferring similar.  ?

I don't want to spread panic but he said they remain at an impasse. If they'd made great progress towards a deal wouldn't he have mentioned that? Typically, if there are blocks to progress but you've gained ground on removing the blocks you'd say 'following the meeting progress has been made although we remain at an impasse' not we remain at an impasse and basically inferring that you hope at some point someone is going to move to make the deal viable. 

I live about 2 miles from MM's Derbyshire house and today it is taking all my will power not to post a notice on his gate stating just what I think of him. I am so cross and upset. I know we don't know all the facts but how reckless to gamble over the future of our club, affecting the jobs, incomes of thousands of people and the feelings of the many devoted fans.  Didn't he realise that the flip side of gaining entry to the Premiership was what is happening now. Utter recklessness. As not only the owner but custodian he had a duty to ensure the viability of the club.  

Here are some facts which might explain the impasse:

1. The MSD debt is said to be around £23m. 
  2. The debt is OWED by DCFC (not by Mel Morris) but is secured against the Stadium.
  3. If MSD calls in the debt, then DCFC has to pay it, otherwise MSD will take the deeds to the stadium and will presumably sell to the highest bidder.
  4. DCFC has no means to pay the MSD debt.
  5. DCFC or KC have no means to buy the stadium

This means that whoever OWNS the stadium, ultimately is responsible for the MSD Debt.

I suspect MM wants to sell the ground, along with the MSD charge against it, for, say £20-23m.

This again means that the MSD debt doesn't get paid, and whoever then owns the stadium, is responsible for any default in debt repayments.

So I think what KC is saying is, MEL: Sell the stadium AND use the money to repay the debt to MSD.

And MEL is saying "Nope. The £20m debt is DCFC's debt. I've already lost £200m. So.... deal with it. That's what the administrators were called in for!!!

All in all, there are only 2 possible outcomes:

Mel caves and GIVES us back the stadium, or somebody with loads of cash buys the stadium....and the club....

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...... MIKE ASHLEY!

1 minute ago, Ramitupper said:

2. The debt is OWED by DCFC (not by Mel Morris) but is secured against the Stadium.
  3. If MSD calls in the debt, then DCFC has to pay it, otherwise MSD will take the deeds to the stadium and will presumably sell to the highest bidder.

This means that whoever OWNS the stadium, ultimately is responsible for the MSD Debt.

I suspect MM wants to sell the ground, along with the MSD charge against it, for, say £20-23m.

This again means that the MSD debt doesn't get paid, and whoever then owns the stadium, is responsible for any default in debt repayments.

So I think what KC is saying is, MEL: Sell the stadium AND use the money to repay the debt to MSD.

And MEL is saying "Nope. The £20m debt is DCFC's debt. I've already lost £200m. So.... deal with it. That's what the administrators were called in for!!!

Mel caves and GIVES us back the stadium, or somebody with loads of cash buys the stadium....and the club....

No thanks

1 hour ago, Seth's left foot said:

Is it just the stadium that is the blocker for the deal or are the supposed loans that Mel has against the club more of an obstacle?

It’s not about the stadium it’s about money. CK’s offer leaves us with another points deduction unless MM or the Council (or both) tip in 20odd million. 

2 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

No thanks

I don't see any other possibilities mate. I don't know, given the circumstances, how KC ever got to preferred bidder given that he appears to have no plan to deal with the MSD debt. Other than "I'll someone to ask MM to pay it..." There's no way the council would ever buy the stadium with a £23m charge on it. So I'm guessing they asked MM for the same thing - PAY MSD MEL!! 

8 minutes ago, Ramitupper said:

Wow this is some sh it show?, Excluding the MA comment

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I mean, what does he actually expect? I actually think the Derby fan base has been more than tolerant to Mel Morris than a lot of other clubs would’ve been in this situation.

I agree. We've had months of being promised  things that have failed. It's the hope that is constantly dashed that kills and this morning's news is bound to inflame the situation.  Derby fans have been absolutely amazing.

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I mean, what does he actually expect? I actually think the Derby fan base has been more than tolerant to Mel Morris than a lot of other clubs would’ve been in this situation.

No one can ever support death threats though. Only the lowest of the low resort to that kind of rubbish. I only condemn it on principle though, as far as slaphead himself is concerned I'm playing the world's smallest violin.

It's nice of Kirchner to step in, but I don't see why it's necessary. He isn't responsible for the behavior of idiotic Derby fans. If he gets into the habit for apologising for the worst of us, he'll never be off twitter.