The Kirchner-Morris Summit Meeting

IslandExile

It's ironic that on the anniversary, to the day, of arguably the greatest day in the club's history, a meeting is being held that could lead to the demise of this historic football club.

We're all aware of where we stand. We all have opinions on why we've arrived at this sorry state of affairs. But, by all accounts, the final block in the way of a survival package is ownership of the ground.

What gives me hope is that, albeit late in the day, Morris resolved the issue with Gibson at Boro. What worries me is his relationship with Rooney and Kirchner's vocal frustration with him.

Let's hope that both Morris and Kirchner can put all that aside, see beyond their personal feelings, see the bigger picture and find a way to keep the club alive.

The money has now run out. Kirchner's patience will run out unless an arrangement over the ground can be found.

As Rooney says, the next few hours are critical. COYR ?

26 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

It's ironic that on the anniversary, to the day, of arguably the greatest day in the club's history, a meeting is being held that could lead to the demise of this historic football club.

We're all aware of where we stand. We all have opinions on why we've arrived at this sorry state of affairs. But, by all accounts, the final block in the way of a survival package is ownership of the ground.

What gives me hope is that, albeit late in the day, Morris resolved the issue with Gibson at Boro. What worries me is his relationship with Rooney and Kirchner's vocal frustration with him.

Let's hope that both Morris and Kirchner can put all that aside, see beyond their personal feelings, see the bigger picture and find a way to keep the club alive.

The money has now run out. Kirchner's patience will run out unless an arrangement over the ground can be found.

As Rooney says, the next few hours are critical. COYR ?

Not only that but today is the Club’s birthday I believe. 

1 minute ago, Ram1988 said:

Shame it's not a public event, there are many people who would have some choice words to say...

And that is why it's a good job that it isn't public!  Best to keep our powder dry for IF talks break down.  'Poking a wounded bear' isn't the best strategy right now.  And, I suspect most of us don't really know the state of discussions.   

12 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yes it really isn’t going to help any future resolution if the Derby fans are baying for blood like some sort of Salem witch trial.

MM will have an ego and that’s more likely to be massaged by praise than revulsion.

He still has a chance to help the club he loves.

Of course