QPR vs Derby County matchday thread, Monday 18th April, 3pm

Carl Sagan

3 minutes ago, Miggins said:

I think it was always going to be a tough one to win, given home advantage, points difference. The odds were against us winning today. I think the result reflected our respective positions and we did well to almost hold on until the end. Sad, but still very proud of the fight we  have put up. They gave their all. Away games have been poor this season, perhaps because of an inexperienced and apprehensive squad of youngsters playing in front of a noisy home crowd in unfamiliar surroundings?

QPR hadn't won in 6 games before today and were beaten by the mighty Peterborough at home at the end of March so don't totally agree with your analysis but guess it an irrelevance now...what isn't debatable is the fact we've lost ten games away on the trot which needs to be sorted as one of the priorities for next season. 

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

For once in my life I have to agree with @Millenniumram- Hendricks' positional play was dreadful and when he dropped back in front of the back four there would have been more defensive resistance by putting out one of the cones.

He wasn't much of a holding mid, granted. He was still an important part of one of, if not the best, midfields in the Championship for two years in 13/14 - 14/15 and was an excellent player here. To claim he wasn't good enough is hyperbole. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

QPR hadn't won in 6 games before today and were beaten by the mighty Peterborough at home at the end of March so don't totally agree with your analysis but guess it an irrelevance now...what isn't debatable is the fact we've lost ten games away on the trot which needs to be sorted as one of the priorities for next season. 

I think Wazza will help address this with the players he brings in….agree with your point though….

I thought losing Jags & Shinnie was the final nail in the coffin and has led to a downturn for us, then I did the maths... we averaged 1.28ppg with them and we've averaged 1.11ppg without them.

If we'd carried on at 1.28ppg up to now we'd currently have 34 points and be 7 points off safety with 3 games to play.

The situation as a whole is what has killed us, coupled with Reading having an upturn in results post-Paunovic.

It is what it is, we'll be back in time.

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I hadn't realised that QPR had had such a poor run of results lately. I tend just to follow Derby's results and look at the league table positions rather than recent performances. As you say, it's irrelevant now, but thanks anyway.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

These players are 19 years old not nine years old. They should be able to play away from home as well.  ANd in fairness some of them have. Senior players haven't done it often enough. Lawrence and Bielik need  to step up, but Bielik isnt strong enough physically and Lawrence not strong enough mentally.  

Experience counts for such a lot though in a tough away game. A team can get away with a couple of kids, but unless they are exceptional you need experience, and that is what we were short of. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Heard Merson say this. He got the message.

Yep.......I watched it, and thought well said Paul Merson, say it how it is, and not what they tell you to say.

It was like music to my ears............plus we were the best team on and off the pitch today, again, by a country mile.

I'm proud to be a Derby County fan, al ways have been, always will be, and nobody will ever take that away from me.

Well done Derby County Football Club.

The Wayne Rooney Rams Redemption.

D.C.F.C. Love, Life & Unity.

Aberdeenshire Rams.