v Peterborough (H) Match Thread

Day

19 minutes ago, Derbados said:

This is just so Derby, It typifies us.

we never ever seem to come up with the good when it really matters. 

in the words of Thorne. These were absolute pony .  An easy win if not for captain Fantastic. Jesus, what a let down he is.  Left it late but got it over the line.  Pitch isn't going to help.  Over to administrators to push things please .  This squad needs help.  Reading can bring in a 8 million strike from injury to score three in a week.  We have a young striker who hasn't scored in 4 games and two other kids on the bench.  Be worse now were missing that **** *** for 3 games.  Millwall have had a day off, that'll be tough after today.

1 minute ago, SirBrian said:

Hope he his no longer our captain, should always have been Curtis

In fairness to Wazza, I think it was a last ditch attempt to get the lad to calm down and accept the responsibility of playing for something other than just himself. He's shown this season what a key player he can be after all. That said, Tom's let him down really badly today and I suspect Wane will make him aware of that fact. 

1 hour ago, DerbyRam! said:

Lawrence you ducking idiot.

This is why you shouldn't be captain.

From what is visible on the replays, deserved red there. Wouldn't be surprised to see an additional ban later.

Yes it was stupid and before this season I’ve not been a fan of his but I’m going to say here and now I will not get on his back for it , he’s won us lots of points this season , been full of passion for the shirt and the fans , massive pressure game big loud crowd ,,it happens , wish it hadn’t but it does , Tom L consider yourself forgiven for that mad moment by this fan at least??‍♂️

1 minute ago, Archied said:

Yes it was stupid and before this season I’ve not been a fan of his but I’m going to say here and now I will not get on his back for it , he’s won us lots of points this season , been full of passion for the shirt and the fans , massive pressure game big loud crowd ,,it happens , wish it hadn’t but it does , Tom L consider yourself forgiven for that mad moment by this fan at least??‍♂️

He obviously did it on purpose so we could justify fining him three weeks wages to save on pennies whilst the takeover is sorted.

I think we need to move on from the Lawrence red card. He's a lucky boy it hasn't cost us today. It may cost us whilst he's out, only time will tell. 

Unfortunately he has that bit of devilment in his locker but a lot of quality players do. His manager was guilty of it in his time as a player. Hopefully WR will draw on his experiences and deal with this in a positive manner. I have every confidence he'll know how best to do this

7 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

Hope he his no longer our captain, should always have been Curtis

The problem with Lawrence is that he's got that red mist in him, No good being a Captain if you can't control your temper, WR to make a decision once Lawrence comes back, I know what i'd do, Fine him and give the armband to CD.

PS...huge well done to Sibley ?

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The problem with Lawrence is that he's got that red mist in him, No good being a Captain if you can't control your temper, WR to make a decision once Lawrence comes back, I know what i'd do, Fine him and give the armband to CD.

Just my take on this, but I disagree. To inflict a hit to the motivation of our top goalscorer and a key player if we're going to stay up would be madness. 

I suspect it'll be a bollocking from Rooney, take your punishment, get back in the team and act like a leader.

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

A bit harsh to take captaincy off him for it.

Without him this season we would already be down. He’s stepped up when it counts many times. 3 games out is enough punishment for him. He will come back fresher and ready to make up for it without taking the armband off him. 

8 minutes ago, Archied said:

Would you have said the same if Posh had scored the late winner?

18 minutes ago, Archied said:

He has worked off the ball so much harder this season but by nature he's 'soft as', he throws himself on the floor, needs treatment every 5 minutes. 

Probably had Wazza at half time telling them to get out there and impose themselves and he's captain but he just isn't tough tackling and able to throw his weight around naturally. Then he got further irritated by a bit of niggle and that tackle is the result of him trying to show he cares without actually putting his body on the line.

Edited by Chester40

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

That would potentially set Lawrence back and we don't really need sulkers.

I'm sure he'll know what he could have cost us and I'm sure someone will let him know anyway. He owes his team now and hopefully he puts that armband on and comes back to prove a point

1 minute ago, Mckram said:

A bit harsh to take captaincy off him for it.

Without him this season we would already be down. He’s stepped up when it counts many times. 3 games out is enough punishment for him. He will come back fresher and ready to make up for it without taking the armband off him. 

Will be available for the last 11 games of the season. Can come back with a point to prove and make a huge difference. Sibbo’s time to shine.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

That would potentially set Lawrence back and we don't really need sulkers.

I'm sure he'll know what he could have cost us and I'm sure someone will let him know anyway. He owes his team now and hopefully he puts that armband on and comes back to prove a point

It’s the next three games too but at least Stearman is back if he can get his place.