Fans are our own worst enemy at times

IlsonDerby

43 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

It was a minority of Birmingham fans damaging the seats and throwing them, as it was earlier this season (or was it last season) where a minority of our fans were doing exactly the same thing in an away fixture. Can’t remember the actual match, but I remember there being a thread on here about it. Some fans, at all clubs, are complete boneheads. Nobody should be shocked by that. There will be many reasonable Birmingham fans appalled by the seat incident today.

That wasn't what i said. I said the majority of Birmingham fans were singing they would have a party when Derby die. 

That is worse than the Gibson chant because it was most of them singing it, we haven't done anything at all to deserve that (not saying Gibson deserves to die of course ) .. and actually there is a very real prospect that Derby will be liquidated which would be an absolute catastrophe for us and for football.

21 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

That wasn't what i said. I said the majority of Birmingham fans were singing they would have a party when Derby die. 

That is worse than the Gibson chant because it was most of them singing it, we haven't done anything at all to deserve that (not saying Gibson deserves to die of course ) .. and actually there is a very real prospect that Derby will be liquidated which would be an absolute catastrophe for us and for football.

It's away fans taking the piss.

You must be aware of the concept?

53 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

That though is the tribalism of being a football fan in the away end. I am not supporting Birmingham for singing it, but it was highly predictable they might. I wouldn’t be surprised either if our fans would sing something similar in the same circumstances.

If a good number of fans can sing songs about a football club chairman dying, I can see a few hundred more joining in (in a herd mentality) about another club’s passing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-17364500.   The home support were heard to sing "where's your chairman gone?" and "you're going down with your chairman".

I believe that was the same game the Forest fans were singing delightful songs about burying Barker and Savages fathers dementia .  This was before the new joy of singing songs about burning children. 

I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised at the brum fans today. Always been the same. Yes all teams have some nutters but generally, most tend to only target like minded fans.

Brum, Millwall, Leeds and Stoke to name a few, have a long history of attacking ordinary fans and families.

Massive bankers, always have been, always will be.

25 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I believe that was the same game the Forest fans were singing delightful songs about burying Barker and Savages fathers dementia .  This was before the new joy of singing songs about burning children. 

I was unaware of the full context, but it reinforces my point that all football clubs have a fanbase who will be happy to sing their distasteful songs and get under the skin of the opposition support in any way they can. As @Rev pointed out above to an apparently shocked and distressed @PistoldPete today was nothing more than away fans taking the piss. It’s hardly anything new. In fact it is tiresomely predictable.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

That though is the tribalism of being a football fan in the away end. I am not supporting Birmingham for singing it, but it was highly predictable they might. I wouldn’t be surprised either if our fans would sing something similar in the same circumstances.

If a good number of fans can sing songs about a football club chairman dying, I can see a few hundred more joining in (in a herd mentality) about another club’s passing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-17364500.   The home support were heard to sing "where's your chairman gone?" and "you're going down with your chairman".

Yeah since this post I have read some tweets from DCFC police and they said things were being thrown by both sets of fans. I don’t experience that kind of riff raff in the West Stand.

56 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Yeah since this post I have read some tweets from DCFC police and they said things were being thrown by both sets of fans. I don’t experience that kind of riff raff in the West Stand.

We did today - had 3 total young idiots (being polite) in front of us - can just imagine them at away games. Totally out of control just trying to bundle down stairs or on their phones

Could see seats being thrown by Birmingham fans and bottles/ all sorts thrown by both sets of fans at the end. Obviously got heated with late goals and Birmingham chanting about Derby dying. Plus the fans who ran onto the pitch towards the away end. 
There was a fair bit of tension on the walk back to the car. Not sure if anything kicked off after 

• 2 weeks later...