Fans are our own worst enemy at times

IlsonDerby

55 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

What’s with the cinema chat in “Fans are our own worst enemy” thread? 

Has somebody been chucking popcorn again?? ?

Compared to all the "I only drink beer made from Dragon's semen" posts in the Administration thread, this particular little diversion is almost a non-event! ?
I even tried a revenge off-topic post in the beer thread!  ? 

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Nope, I know you're from Chadd, And so am I "Chadd Lad" Where Aldi is now on Notts Road, That used to be the Gloria/Essaldo picture house in the 60s 70s, I'd be there every Saturday afternoon in the 60s to watch, The Little Rascals, Rocket Man, Ali and his Talking Camel, A Looney Tunes Cartoon and other Childrens entertainment, 9d pocket money, 3d to get in and a Tanner to spend...plenty of tuffees to munch on?

Have a Nice Day ?

"We come along on Saturday morning, greeting everybody with a smile, we come along on Saturday morning, knowing that it's all worthwhile" etc.

ABC Saturday Cinema rules ok.

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

"We come along on Saturday morning, greeting everybody with a smile, we come along on Saturday morning, knowing that it's all worthwhile" etc.

ABC Saturday Cinema rules ok.

Posh ?

We were met with, If you become a nuisance you'll get a thick ear, That was the commisionaire in his cap and long coat(bouncer/security)as they are known today.

It was the local copper BTW, He knew most of us and our parents.

Went and watched Clambake with Elvis Presley the star, 7 nights in a row, Only because it was cold outside and we sneaked in ?

14 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Compared to all the "I only drink beer made from Dragon's semen" posts in the Administration thread, this particular little diversion is almost a non-event! ?
I even tried a revenge off-topic post in the beer thread!  ? 

Don't knock it until you've tried it

6 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Posh ?

We were met with, If you become a nuisance you'll get a thick ear, That was the commisionaire in his cap and long coat(bouncer/security)as they are known today.

It was the local copper BTW, He knew most of us and our parents.

Went and watched Clambake with Elvis Presley the star, 7 nights in a row, Only because it was cold outside and we sneaked in ?

It was cheap babysitting. This was in Gillingham in the late 1950's. The daughter of my mum's friend used to look after me, so that the ladies could go shopping unencumbered by brats (we were officially 'British Regiment Attached Travelers'). A good thing too, because I was a permanent source of embarrassment (no change there then).

Edited by Eddie

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Nope, I know you're from Chadd, And so am I "Chadd Lad" Where Aldi is now on Notts Road, That used to be the Gloria/Essaldo picture house in the 60s 70s, I'd be there every Saturday afternoon in the 60s to watch, The Little Rascals, Rocket Man, Ali and his Talking Camel, A Looney Tunes Cartoon and other Childrens entertainment, 9d pocket money, 3d to get in and a Tanner to spend...plenty of tuffees to munch on?

Have a Nice Day ?

Tuffees, my grammar school educated wife always pulls me up on that.?

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Really really disappointed with those comments.

'Severely overweight '?? Actually, my shirt was just tight as it was incorrectly labelled, plus I have a gluten allergy! I demand an apology for your body shaming, insensitivity and discriminatory language.  

Your an imposter, his language was not that eloquent ?

1 hour ago, angieram said:

The police were around in the 70s. They'd just whack the offenders across the head. And some none-offenders too if you got in their way.

Ouch!

True, i remember walking over Osmaston Road Railway bridge in the mid seventies after watching us play Liverpool.

A group of young scousers were goading my godfathers; young (late teens) nephew.

One of the older scousers (about 40 ish) lifted one of the antagonists clean off the ground by the neck and threatened to throw him down the tracks if they didn't stop.

Fortunately for him they did and we all had a pleasant walk back to RR Car park.

Edited by I DONT MIND

4 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I just can’t imagine going to a Rams match and not wanting to watch the football. Me and my son have a good chat in the Brunswick before the game and a few beers and then enjoy the game. The last thing we are looking for is any trouble. 

Seems a pretty healthy father and son relationship to me ?

14 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Sorry - but idiotic fans, the blame lies firmly with the chosen behaviour of the individuals in question. 

Russia could attack Ukraine at anytime as NATO seem to be influencing the Ukraine, Surely NATO is the problem as the EFL were the problem, Just a thought.

Hiya Tamworth ?

24 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Russia could attack Ukraine at anytime as NATO seem to be influencing the Ukraine, Surely NATO is the problem as the EFL were the problem, Just a thought.

Hiya Tamworth ?

If NATO were anything like the EFL I'd take a guess the cold war might not have ended so well.

As for Ukraine, it's a bit more complicated than "well NATO expanding is the cause of this" or "Putin is just pure evil" but we do have a situation where face saving is going to be important to de-escalate the situation.

I'm all for sending Steve Gibson to the border areas of Ukraine to resolve the situation. probably with a big bright red outfit to wear.

14 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

If NATO were anything like the EFL I'd take a guess the cold war might not have ended so well.

As for Ukraine, it's a bit more complicated than "well NATO expanding is the cause of this" or "Putin is just pure evil" but we do have a situation where face saving is going to be important to de-escalate the situation.

I'm all for sending Steve Gibson to the border areas of Ukraine to resolve the situation. probably with a big bright red outfit to wear.

Ukraine is becoming more westernied, Nord Stream2 can/could have a huge bearing on the outcome, Germany already threatening non use, All will be hoping sanctions will calm Putin down, Unfortunately Western economies are steaming ahead after Covid, Russia are still struggling, Putin will think this is the time to strike...I hope for alls sake Putin backs down.

One waving his big rooster another saying come and have a go if you think you're hard enough, NATO are a toothless organisation who are a huge talking shop, The EFL are comical/dangerous with equel concern.