Fans are our own worst enemy at times

IlsonDerby

I hope today wakes people that there isn’t a football family, its an utter daydream. We’re in this on our own, and if we upset people on the way so ducking what!!!! 

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I hope today wakes people that there isn’t a football family, its an utter daydream. We’re in this on our own, and if we upset people on the way so ducking what!!!! 

It has always been like that, and it always will be. Tribalism. No need for us to get too upset or pious about away fans singing scummy songs or vandalising and throwing seats either. We have a minority who are happy to do exactly the same.

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

There never was, There never has, There never will be, Too much tribalism...in the best sense, There's teams I look for and hope they do well, But if we play them or get them in the Cups then it's game on.

The family is...mates help mates out ie Managers who hope to get loan players as a favour, Take a look at the Prem, Not interested, Take a look at the rest of the EFL not interested, Too busy either making more money, Or keeping their Bank happy

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

It has always been like that, and it always will be. Tribalism. No need for us to get too upset or pious about away fans singing scummy songs or vandalising and throwing seats either. We have a minority who are happy to do exactly the same.

True. But this wasn’t a minority . 
i try ought the Gibson version was classless from our fans. 

but Birmingham … especially as they were trying to get sympathy for their plight .. worse than Leeds  fans.

And trashing the seats and throwing them at people. 

I now think Birmingham fans have the owners they deserve.

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Bournemouth and Blackpool were pretty supportive when they came and I’ve seen plenty of support from them online. Birmingham just happen to be the worst of the lot so we shouldn’t tarnish everyone with same brush.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Defo. I've said this for years. Part of the reason why I no longer go to away games. 

42 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

True. But this wasn’t a minority . 
i try ought the Gibson version was classless from our fans. 
but Birmingham … especially as they were trying to get sympathy for their plight .. worse than Leeds  fans.

And trashing the seats and throwing them at people. 

I now think Birmingham fans have the owners they deserve.

It was a minority of Birmingham fans damaging the seats and throwing them, as it was earlier this season (or was it last season) where a minority of our fans were doing exactly the same thing in an away fixture. Can’t remember the actual match, but I remember there being a thread on here about it. Some fans, at all clubs, are complete boneheads. Nobody should be shocked by that. There will be many reasonable Birmingham fans appalled by the seat incident today.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

It was a minority of Birmingham fans damaging the seats and throwing them, as it was earlier this season (or was it last season) where a minority of our fans were doing exactly the same thing in an away fixture. Can’t remember the actual match, but I remember there being a thread on here about it. Some fans, at all clubs, are complete boneheads. Nobody should be shocked by that. There will be many reasonable Birmingham fans appalled by the seat incident today.

It was the majority singing they will have a party when Derby County die.

1 minute ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Defo. I've said this for years. Part of the reason why I no longer go to away games. 

That’s a great shame, as I think the away day experience is generally a great experience. Unfortunately, and inevitably,  there will always be a few who potentially might spoil the day, typically because the units of alcohol or grams of coke they sniff significantly outnumber their brain cells.

1 minute ago, Gritstone Ram said:

It was the majority singing they will have a party when Derby County die.

That though is the tribalism of being a football fan in the away end. I am not supporting Birmingham for singing it, but it was highly predictable they might. I wouldn’t be surprised either if our fans would sing something similar in the same circumstances.

If a good number of fans can sing songs about a football club chairman dying, I can see a few hundred more joining in (in a herd mentality) about another club’s passing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-17364500.   The home support were heard to sing "where's your chairman gone?" and "you're going down with your chairman".

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

That though is the tribalism of being a football fan in the away end. I am not supporting Birmingham for singing it, but it was highly predictable they might. I wouldn’t be surprised either if our fans would sing something similar in the same circumstances.

If a good number of fans can sing songs about a football club chairman dying, I can see a few hundred more joining in (in a herd mentality) about another club’s passing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-17364500.   The home support were heard to sing "where's your chairman gone?" and "you're going down with your chairman".