Fans are our own worst enemy at times

IlsonDerby

Oh no! This is terrible. Perhaps we could start a crowdfunding campaign for poor Mr Gibson? I hear a big fat pile of money always cheers him up.

Admittedly, these kind of songs are juvenile nonsense and reflect very poorly on the people who sing them, but ultimately it's just words that don't hurt anyone. I couldn't care less if a load of brain dead smoggies are upset about it. Go and cry into your parmos you daft twits.

24 minutes ago, vivalafiga46 said:

Yes, "flush out" our own supporters and let Gibson finish us off in peace. 

Perhaps we should have another thread and "flush out" the "weasels" being so rude about to the EFL and our dear uncle Mel. 

Our fans are suffering. Spending money, week after week, to support us in a rendered non-competitive state, even buying up tickets for games that we may never get to play. And other Derby 'fans' want to call them the worst enemy. 

Pathetic thread.

Outside of Derbyshire and DCFC fans around the world, nobody really cares about the survival of Derby County. 

Our fans are keeping us going, not our worst enemy.

With all due respect, and just my opinion, yours is a somewhat poor (I won’t say pathetic) response.

The thread is calling out a very small minority of idiots that seem to have posted a rather distasteful video and is therefore not pathetic.

We not have many friends in the footballing community but I disagree with your view that nobody cares about the survival of DCFC. Even the die hard fans from the like of Middlesbrough, Forest, Leeds etc. might quite like to see us relegated and have a good laugh at our expense but I doubt more than a very small handful actually want to see us go out of business. 

Hopefully anyone that sees this video will quickly realise that it was made by a few morons who are not representative of the wider Derby fan base.

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

Oh no! This is terrible. Perhaps we could start a crowdfunding campaign for poor Mr Gibson? I hear a big fat pile of money always cheers him up.

Admittedly, these kind of songs are juvenile nonsense and reflect very poorly on the people who sing them, but ultimately it's just words that don't hurt anyone. I couldn't care less if a load of brain dead smoggies are upset about it. Go and cry into your parmos you daft twits.

Very grown up. Comments like this are very helpful. Not the sharpest tool me thinks…..

Derby fans should realise ‘our’ fans aren’t necessarily better or worse than other fans. Stupid distasteful chants has become part of the game, sung by lots of people (which is out of order). It is a social problem as well as football problem. Alcohol, bravado, stupidity, whatever. Always a minority of ‘fans’ who will do this and it doesn’t matter who they support! Majority don’t condone it anyway. 

3 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Idiots recording and uploading videos of the fans singing about partying when Gibson dies onto social media. 

Why?

Why can’t they just be normal rather than idiots?

Why do they think it’s useful to start alienating other fans when we need as many friends as possible in the footballing world right now? 

That video is losing us sympathy left, right and centre at a time when we need to backing of our fellow football fans.  . 

We need to flush these weasels out of the club or their loved ones need to ban them from drinking before the football.

And if you’re going to comment to say every club has this sort of fan then don’t bother, tired of making excuses based on the fact other clubs have fans who don’t know right from wrong after a shandy too. 

My love of football has died this last few years, the commerciality, the corrupt efl, the scavenger behaviour of clubs and the vulgar behaviour of some fans 

3 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

My love of football has died this last few years, the commerciality, the corrupt efl, the scavenger behaviour of clubs and the vulgar behaviour of some fans 

I agree although I suspect the vulgar behaviour of some fans has always been there. It’s just that with social media their vile behaviour reaches a much wider audience than it used to.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Or it could help to have it spread as far and wide as possible in the hope the morons read it and realise the large majority of fans think there behaviour is completely unacceptable and an embarrassment to the club!

We're in a world that's driven by social media, Where they can spout their anger, Call out whoever they wish, Upload anything they choose without thinking of any repercussions, They will show their equelly stupid friends who jump up and down in excitement when viewing it, I had a small confrontation at a local while watching the game, A male just stood infront of the tv screen pint in hand oblivious to others around blocking our view, No older than 20 i'd have thought, I asked politely can you move, He did walking away "mouthing off".

What do you do with brain dead asses like this and the above, Call them out and hope they're not tooled up or have mates who are equelly as dense. I noted the other day how crowd disturbances are up some 40% over the last couple of seasons, I'd hazard a guess social media is up 1000s% today.

Im surprised no one mentioned this last week it was sung briefly by a section of the south stand Im in east stand and heard it clearly and thought it was going a bit far but Im guessing its the younger element and Im not going to be a hypocite because when I was young and daft I joined in with some unsavioury chants because I was dumb and they were just words that I didnt put in to context Had a conversation with a Man Utd fine about the Munich chant he told me you know your celebrating people dying dont you? That sorted me out

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Without having an insight into Gibsons brain am pretty sure that he's not meatheaded enough to understand the impact his actions are having on his popularity or lack of with our fanbase without it being chanted at him in an offensive manner. 

Hhhmmmm

56 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

I sometimes wonder if some people have ever been to a football match.

We used to sing about killing F**est fans with a flick knife and a sawn off shot gun

Generosity offering away fans a lift home in Derby ambulance was commonplace.

It’s football it’s in your face chanting designed to shock.

People just want to get annoyed about things nowadays.

Did we

Tip toe through the Trent end with a razor and a sawn off shotgun, Tip toe through the trent end with me.

Music to Tiny Tims... tip toe through the tulips, Not one mention of killing?

4 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Did we

Tip toe through the Trent end with a razor and a sawn off shotgun, Tip toe through the trent end with me.

Music to Tiny Tims... tip toe through the tulips, Not one mention of killing?

Indeed perhaps you’re right but I think it was implied.

I wonder, though,  who was responsible for the murder of F**est fan on top of the Trent End where nobody goes. That particular ditty told of gruesome affair with a knife and axe employed to bring about his demise.

1 hour ago, vivalafiga46 said:

Yes, "flush out" our own supporters and let Gibson finish us off in peace. 

Perhaps we should have another thread and "flush out" the "weasels" being so rude about to the EFL and our dear uncle Mel. 

Our fans are suffering. Spending money, week after week, to support us in a rendered non-competitive state, even buying up tickets for games that we may never get to play. And other Derby 'fans' want to call them the worst enemy. 

Pathetic thread.

Outside of Derbyshire and DCFC fans around the world, nobody really cares about the survival of Derby County. 

Our fans are keeping us going, not our worst enemy.

Our fans and the idiots singing those songs are not one and the same. We might both support the club but that’s were similarities between those idiots and Normal fans end. 

I’m pouring money into the club whenever I can afford to, buying the shirts/pies at half time/ tickets etc as are loads of people. I’m signing partitions. Contacting my MP. I’m talking to other club’s fans to try and get them to realise the severity of the situation and gain their support. I’m not special or unique for doing this nor am I alone in doing this. Thousands of us are doing this. We are the real fans. Not some coked up, thick as pig sh17 fans singing about someone dyin. 

1 hour ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Derby fans should realise ‘our’ fans aren’t necessarily better or worse than other fans. Stupid distasteful chants has become part of the game, sung by lots of people (which is out of order). It is a social problem as well as football problem. Alcohol, bravado, stupidity, whatever. Always a minority of ‘fans’ who will do this and it doesn’t matter who they support! Majority don’t condone it anyway. 

I’m well aware every club has its nbheads but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t call out our own does it? I work in education and there’s a saying ‘what you permit you promote’ and it’s absolutely true. 

If we don’t call it out and let them know that we’re sick of it then they think we appreciate it. 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’m well aware every club has its nbheads but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t call out our own does it? I work in education and there’s a saying ‘what you permit you promote’ and it’s absolutely true. 

If we don’t call it out and let them know that we’re sick of it then they think we appreciate it. 

Definitely agree to call it out!

8 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Indeed perhaps you’re right but I think it was implied.

I wonder, though,  who was responsible for the murder of F**est fan on top of the Trent End where nobody goes. That particular ditty told of gruesome affair with a knife and axe employed to bring about his demise.

Not guilty M-Lud, I was in the...Ye olde Trip to Jerusalem... at the time, Anyway it was suicide when he found out his Daughter had married a Derby Lad and moved down the A52, The things these red dogs will do to get attention beggars belief ?

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

I'm not a fan of this kind of thing, but simply because I'm feeling belligerent on a Sunday morning, I'll present a counter argument:

Gibson is trying to put our club out of business after 138 years for no other reason that maliciousness. His gripe is with Mel Morris. He knows his 'claim' is without merit and he knows that if he continues with it, it might send us under, with all the associated supporter and wider community connotations. He knows the effect DCFC going out of business will have on the city and beyond. And yet he goes on.

I'm not among them, but appreciate that for some people Derby County really is their life - and something that has kept them afloat during the last two years - and if their is no club, the effect on them would be catastrophic.

So, for the purpose of debate only: rather than outright condemnation, is there a justification, because if there is anyone on here who supports the posting of such videos I'd be interested to know their reasons (simply being pissed or coked up doesn't count by the way). 

Ultimately he’s not responsible for our situation. He might be banging the last nail into the coffin (and I hate what he’s doing with a passion, I think he’s an opportunistic, spiteful idiot) but there have been many more nails hammered in way before this which should never have got into place.