Fans are our own worst enemy at times

IlsonDerby

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Ultimately he’s not responsible for our situation. He might be banging the last nail into the coffin (and I hate what he’s doing with a passion, I think he’s an opportunistic, spiteful idiot) but there have been many more nails hammered in way before this which should never have got into place.  

Very true but, if he was to stop banging (cue the ooh matron quotes) we’d stand a much better chance of avoiding liquidation.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

With all due respect, and just my opinion, yours is a somewhat poor (I won’t say pathetic) response.

The thread is calling out a very small minority of idiots that seem to have posted a rather distasteful video and is therefore not pathetic.

We not have many friends in the footballing community but I disagree with your view that nobody cares about the survival of DCFC. Even the die hard fans from the like of Middlesbrough, Forest, Leeds etc. might quite like to see us relegated and have a good laugh at our expense but I doubt more than a very small handful actually want to see us go out of business. 

Hopefully anyone that sees this video will quickly realise that it was made by a few morons who are not representative of the wider Derby fan base.

This song was sung in the south stand at the sheff utd match and got louder each time, with more joining in each time, expect it to be very loud at boro.

As for not having many friends,  have we ever? And who cares.

And these " morons " are the same people going home and away every game and are the ones driving the players on with their vocal support.

Singing songs that you don't like doesn't make someone a moron, otherwise the majority of the popside, ossie end and C stand would have been classed as morons.

As for Gibson, he's up there with Thatcher for me.

32 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Did we

Tip toe through the Trent end with a razor and a sawn off shotgun, Tip toe through the trent end with me.

Music to Tiny Tims... tip toe through the tulips, Not one mention of killing?

But we did have a verse with hatchets and hammers, carving knives and spanners! 

Were they going going to do a spot of DIY whilst carving a roast?

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

I was thinking of pronouncing a Fatwah seeking the cold blooded murder of Gibson, but having read the EFL rules and regulations I see this would require the matter to be considered under Arbitration, as it would make him a Football Martyr under Rule 98.1c. Let’s just sing some songs about him then shall we.

Maybe we could threaten to put the Fatwah on the EFL and they would tell us that it would be ok to do Gibson if we leave them alone.

27 minutes ago, ossieram said:

This song was sung in the south stand at the sheff utd match and got louder each time, with more joining in each time, expect it to be very loud at boro.

As for not having many friends,  have we ever? And who cares.

And these " morons " are the same people going home and away every game and are the ones driving the players on with their vocal support.

Singing songs that you don't like doesn't make someone a moron, otherwise the majority of the popside, ossie end and C stand would have been classed as morons.

As for Gibson, he's up there with Thatcher for me.

Oh well as long as they’re going to every game let them sing what they like ?

36 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Ultimately he’s not responsible for our situation. He might be banging the last nail into the coffin (and I hate what he’s doing with a passion, I think he’s an opportunistic, spiteful idiot) but there have been many more nails hammered in way before this which should never have got into place.  

I agree, Having read the Times article the other day...MM has a lot to answer for, But those hovering around what could become a carcus is giving those the opportunity to vent their anger.

I sometimes wonder if opposition clubs and their fans would be more, or less, angry if we weren't in Administration and facing extinction, just struggling financially, perhaps under a soft embargo : like Reading, in fact. That must be the case because Reading are getting none of the crap that we are, yet you'd think that everyone would be clamouring for greater punishment for a bunch of "Home Counties plastics" with no history worthy of mentioning (save, of course, for their dedicated fans). It's hard to fathom. 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

No. He IS responsible for our situation now.

If it wasn't Gibson and Couhigs claims, then Q would have announced a preffered bidder and we'd be on our way to coming out of admin and with the possibility of staying up.

Now because of those claims we have 'hints' being leaked from the EFL that they will 'pragmatically' allow us to restart in League 2 (oh how could be not be grateful?)...

Ultimately they are responsible.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No. He IS responsible for our situation now.

If it wasn't Gibson and Couhigs claims, then Q would have announced a preffered bidder and we'd be on our way to coming out of admin and with the possibility of staying up.

Now because of those claims we have 'hints' being leaked from the EFL that they will 'pragmatically' allow us to restart in League 2 (oh how could be not be grateful?)...

Ultimately they are responsible.

Partly responsible, rubbing salt in to the wound…

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I sometimes wonder if opposition clubs and their fans would be more, or less, angry if we weren't in Administration and facing extinction, just struggling financially, perhaps under a soft embargo : like Reading, in fact. That must be the case because Reading are getting none of the crap that we are, yet you'd think that everyone would be clamouring for greater punishment for a bunch of "Home Counties plastics" with no history worthy of mentioning (save, of course, for their dedicated fans). It's hard to fathom. 

Not really Mel was overly confident, arrogant and liked the publicity (then). Everything he did was high profile and he rubbed people's noses in it like the original Rooney deal with 32red. "Treat people well on your way up as they'll still be there when you plummet back down" has never been truer and we are bearing the brunt as his club's fans.  Also we have those historical deep rivalries that I am not aware of for Reading (may be my ignorance) with other clubs. 

People are pissed off, so it's not a surprise. Gibson has made it very evident that he doesn't care about the club, the city and is willing to see it die for a feud with Mel Morris. 

It's not a good look, of course, and I wouldn't condone it. However, I've felt similar ill-feelings regarding Gibson and Morris in flashes of frustration.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

People are pissed off, so it's not a surprise. Gibson has made it very evident that he doesn't care about the club, the city and is willing to see it die for a feud with Mel Morris. 

It's not a good look, of course, and I wouldn't condone it. However, I've felt similar ill-feelings regarding Gibson and Morris in flashes of frustration.

I had a quick listen, they appear to be singing they'll party when Gibson dies. Not that they'll kill him and then party. Just for clarification.

Can understand it entirely, he's stopping us coming out of admin. We have 3 potential buyers.

4 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

People respond that way because it's true.

Pointing that out is not making excuses for them, it's merely saying is has nothing to do with us.

And it's not just other clubs, it's every other club that has such imbeciles.

Football clubs are merely a representation of society.

It's really annoying and I agree that they wan't weaselling out in, and we can all do that as fans rather than just say we're tired about how things are.

Post the link and I'll dive into that thread and call them out and my Twitter account uses my real name.

Robert the Badger.

Yep, and the bigger the away following the higher the percentage of dicks you get, I see Cardiff completely trashed the bogs at Bristol yesterday, will cost their own club thousands as they will surely get the bill and no doubt the same idiots will be moaning when they get a reduced allocation.

I went to Peterborough with QPR a few months back, we took 4000, at half time couldn’t get near the bogs due to the youngsters smoking and snorting Coke up their noses, consequently one of our own fans got injured after one of the coked up dicks threw a can after we scored.

Edited by Bobby
Spelling