Quantuma

Derbados

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I have no idea buddy, but chill. You are tying yourself in knots. It’s great you care, we all care to varying degrees, but there really is very little you, I or anyone, can do unless we have a significant amount of money in our trousers. Quantuma can’t make Ashley (or Appleby) pay more than the figures they have offered, so their hands are tied in that respect. The only thing they had going for them till today was statute, which the EFL were trying to bat away. Today though Government has stepped in - hurrah we cry - and I think Parry and Birch are going to have to have the largest of balls now to cut the Rams adrift on 1 February. Let’s see how they can play their cards (Ashley and Quantuma) now that the EFL have been weakened by events. I will not be judging them for at least another week.

Agree. Admin ultimately comes down to does a bid exceed the value of liquidation. If it does there is a realistic chance of progress. The stumbling block remains the parasites who cannot become football creditors at 100%. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

Er.. we had a statement on Friday. That's two working days ago.  

Pretty sure I didn't mention comms to fans.

The point is we have several parties now who you would expect would be talking saying they're not having dialogue...

I'm down with the human stories angle, I'm on board with the people power thing, but ultimately Parry, Gibson and Couhig are scum in suits and it won't cost them one iota to see Derby County go under. They do not have human feelings about us, they do not give a duck if people are made sad, mental health is ruined and cultural heritage destroyed. 

The only game in town on the basis of what we know right now is for the people with more power and bigger sticks than them to force them to help. It's the government to follow through on some of the wise words and noble sentiment this afternoon and hold Parry's feet to the fire. That's all we have and there's no time to spare.

Confident? Not at all...unless Quantuma can change the dynamic by finding funding from somewhere to keep us going and reset the clock.

10 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I have no idea buddy, but chill. You are tying yourself in knots. It’s great you care, we all care to varying degrees, but there really is very little you, I or anyone, can do unless we have a significant amount of money in our trousers. Quantuma can’t make Ashley (or Appleby) pay more than the figures they have offered, so their hands are tied in that respect. The only thing they had going for them till today was statute, which the EFL were trying to bat away. Today though Government has stepped in - hurrah we cry - and I think Parry and Birch are going to have to have the largest of balls now to cut the Rams adrift on 1 February. Let’s see how they can play their cards (Ashley and Quantuma) now that the EFL have been weakened by events. I will not be judging them for at least another week.

FWIW I agree with you.

There is little I can do to influence the eventual outcome. But, as I'm sure you understand, Derby County football club is of great importance to so many of us. It's been a massive part of our lives. Therefore, it's very difficult not to worry about this.

I am frantic, distraught, can't sleep, can't eat, can't work, can't think of anything else.... but ok I'll chill.

problem.jpg.3a736056567d8e18bf580eeb82753e89.jpg

What have Quantuma done? They didn’t just release a statement on Friday night, they released a hand grenade which has exploded spectacularly, fans have latched onto it creates momentum and within 2 working days parliament are involved. They’ve not spoken because they haven’t needed to.

EFL have nearly spontaneously combusted with their statement last night. Basically implied their insolvency rules are open to interpretation and subject to change, in other words they make it up as they go along ???

Boro come out today citing systematic cheating as the basis for their claim on a set of arguments already settled and ruled upon by disciplinary commissions (ie stadium sale) and also the same arguments as the case they brought to the LAP which was ruled against, no systematic cheating was found in ANY of the judgements in the original IDC, subsequent LAP, and final IDC ruling, all they have is subjective opinion.

Wycombe, while RD gave Couhig the platform to prove he’s a sharp lawyer, they also let him reveal his reasons for the action, which proves they absolutely have no case at all because the IDC did not rule on the Derby sanction, the fine of £100k and the restatement of accounts until after the season had ended, therefore there is no way the points could have been applied earlier, the whole process we also know was delayed by Boro’s failed action, the LAP judgement told us this.

They have all questioned the actions of Quantuma, of course they are going to!! They want to deflect from the weakness of their arguments and all those parties are concerned about how they’re being portrayed. Are Quantuma bothered, maybe/maybe not but it’s not about saving public face it’s about getting a deal done no matter how dirty it gets. They’ve not spoken to Boro and Wycombe because they don’t believe the claims and have a legal way around them potentially, so they weren’t priority, doing a deal with HMRC was absolute priority, while Pauline Latham said we wasn’t entirely happy about her meeting with the administrators, I’m sure I read another post say she believes it has implied Quantuma have a deal with HMRC. In fact we go back to Quantuma’s statement last Friday and that also implies they have a deal in place with everyone (or at least a route forward) except Boro and Wycombe. The events of the last few days have refocused everyone and led all parties to say they’re willing to come to the table to try and sort this out - maybe that is what they wanted and exactly what was needed.

The MPs are now challenging ALL parties to get this deal done and that is the right approach and Quantuma will be under pressure to deliver on their requirements.

As is the case with any of these things, the end result is the only place where judgement can be made. If they secure a deal for the creditors and deliver a buyer at the very last dying minute their brief will have been fulfilled and it'll be job well done. Fail and I suspect hell hath no fury like a scorned city of passionate fans. Not knowledgeable in these matters in terms of market fees for such an assignment like Derby but their fee, on the face of it, doesn't seem particularly "light" to say the least. Questions would be asked if the worst happened.

Edited by SillyBilly

12 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

What have Quantuma done? They didn’t just release a statement on Friday night, they released a hand grenade which has exploded spectacularly, fans have latched onto it creates momentum and within 2 working days parliament are involved. They’ve not spoken because they haven’t needed to.

EFL have nearly spontaneously combusted with their statement last night. Basically implied their insolvency rules are open to interpretation and subject to change, in other words they make it up as they go along ???

Boro come out today citing systematic cheating as the basis for their claim on a set of arguments already settled and ruled upon by disciplinary commissions (ie stadium sale) and also the same arguments as the case they brought to the LAP which was ruled against, no systematic cheating was found in ANY of the judgements in the original IDC, subsequent LAP, and final IDC ruling, all they have is subjective opinion.

Wycombe, while RD gave Couhig the platform to prove he’s a sharp lawyer, they also let him reveal his reasons for the action, which proves they absolutely have no case at all because the IDC did not rule on the Derby sanction, the fine of £100k and the restatement of accounts until after the season had ended, therefore there is no way the points could have been applied earlier, the whole process we also know was delayed by Boro’s failed action, the LAP judgement told us this.

They have all questioned the actions of Quantuma, of course they are going to!! They want to deflect from the weakness of their arguments and all those parties are concerned about how they’re being portrayed. Are Quantuma bothered, maybe/maybe not but it’s not about saving public face it’s about getting a deal done no matter how dirty it gets. They’ve not spoken to Boro and Wycombe because they don’t believe the claims and have a legal way around them potentially, so they weren’t priority, doing a deal with HMRC was absolute priority, while Pauline Latham said we wasn’t entirely happy about her meeting with the administrators, I’m sure I read another post say she believes it has implied Quantuma have a deal with HMRC. In fact we go back to Quantuma’s statement last Friday and that also implies they have a deal in place with everyone (or at least a route forward) except Boro and Wycombe. The events of the last few days have refocused everyone and led all parties to say they’re willing to come to the table to try and sort this out - maybe that is what they wanted and exactly what was needed.

The MPs are now challenging ALL parties to get this deal done and that is the right approach and Quantuma will be under pressure to deliver on their requirements.

Perfect!

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Chill out you lot. Leave them to do their job, which believe it or not is not to keep you up-to-date on all matters. The EFL, Boro and Couhig have all made public pronouncements in the last 24 hours, and what happened you slagged them all off, finding holes in most of everything they said. What do you think people who are not so keen on Derby are going to do if Quantuma release information. Yep twist and turn and spin it to their advantage. Keep your powder dry guys; we have the other side rattled.

Quantuma have got a pretty impossible job what with dealing with Parry and his cronies, Gibson and Morris, none of whom I would want to be in a room with personally (unless I had a chainsaw). They all have egos much larger than their brain power. Quantuma have the law on their side and a pleasant bit of momentum in the last 24 hours I would think, after being stonewalled by the EFL, in spite of statute, last Thursday. Hopefully at the moment all their spare time and energy is being spent with Ashley and legal counsel to make sure there next meeting with the EFL spells out fully that they will not be messed about. This is no time to be challenging their professional abilities.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

1 hour ago, angieram said:

MPs have asked for more help in raising awareness through sharing fans' personal stories on Twitter. 

Please can those of you on Twitter do this? You may have already done it, but if so, please do retweet with the hashtags requested.

Shouldn't these also be tweeted to @boro (the official handle) and/or with the #UTB hashtag to make club and its fans realize their actions have consequences? Surprised that's not in the Ramstrust tweet.

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Shouldn't these also be tweeted to @boro (the official handle) and/or with the #UTB hashtag to make club and its fans realize their actions have consequences? Surprised that's not in the Ramstrust tweet.

Wouldn't bother I've seen their twitter replies.  Tried the human consequence before as have others for months.  Aggression is all they understand now to make life uncomfortable.  This way of doing things has got us further in 3 days than 3 months of softly, softly.  It's always the way.

2 hours ago, Derbados said:

I feel this deserves its own thread, feel free to merge if not.

We’ve now heard from local MP’s in parliament, fans groups and ex players on social media, Boro and the EFL have released a statement and Wycombe have done an interview on Radio Derby. 

The only people we haven’t heard from are the ones that matter the most in this, the Administrators. Their lack of comms from taking over is both unacceptable and incompetent, they have to be constantly poked and prodded to give us an update. 

That is now Kirchner, the EFL, Boro and Wycombe all saying that the comms from the Administrators has been poor and resulted in delays and breakdowns in communications. 

It’s great that we’re going after the EFL, Boro and Wycombe but we also need to hold the Admins accountable, i’m genuinely concerned about their competency to deal with the situation as much as I am angry with the EFL, Boro and Wycombe 

let’s not forget they’re making millions out of this, they’re not here out of love and passion 

As an accountant who has known many (and is married to one) it is not generally a profession renowned for great verbal extrovert communicators. It attracts certain characters usually. They are finance professionals and its unfair to compare their communications, if they are by nature traditional accountants, with slick PR machines from the EFL and other clubs. I would rather have bad communicators who know their stuff and get a job done than slick salesmen type accountants who generally lack substance, attention to detail, technical skills and brains. 

can you not see what the efl, boro and WW are doing with their statements - trashing the admins. Its a coordinated stance which based on the comments here is working!

58 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

So here would be my questions:

1) Why are we not taking legal action against the EFL including all costs that we are going to incur from here on in due to their rules being ‘out of date’?

2) Why not go forward and publicly declare a PB. If Ashley hasn’t offered anything, then it’s Appleby. You want momentum - what better way than to say “here are out new owners with funding ready to go”?

We are literally 13 days from liquidation - and as fans we genuinely don’t even know what avenues are being pursued. It feels like a “who blinks last”.

Finally for such frivolous claims I’m genuinely surprised a PB won’t take on the risk. Buying any business is a risk - Ashley buys companies for hundreds of millions - and everyone is a risk which could fail. A bigger risk than the arbitration going in Boro’s favour.

Final point - risk v reward of what league we could be in. Real genuine chance of staying in the Championship - again that’s probably worth an extra ten million in revenue so surely that in itself by keeping WR and his squad of players together is vital as well.

This whole thing is so messed up - like a lot of people today, I’m refreshing constantly and doing nowhere near the amount of work I should be!